Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Swiss minaret ban damages property rights
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Swiss minaret ban damages property rights  (Read 11879 times)

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
  • Join the Counter Economy
    • View Profile
    • The San Francisco Muslim Examiner
The Swiss minaret ban damages property rights
« on: December 01, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »

"If you make these laws to target Muslims today, you don't know who it's going to be used against tomorrow."
~Sheikh Alauddin El-Bakri - CAIR SV 7th Annual Banquet

On November 29th a referendum banning new minarets passed with 57% of the vote. The campaign included fear mongering posters, repeated vandalism to Geneva's largest mosque, and a vehicle with a loudspeaker mocking the call the prayer.

Amnesty International and others want to make this about freedom of religion. That’s a red herring in my opinion. This is about property rights. A person has the natural right to build any structure they wish on their own private property. Those who want to utilize the coercive power of the State against Muslims must take heed that the legal precedents they set can and will be used against others in the future. Probably themselves. The Swiss people, in their bigotry, have weakened their own right to private property.

Read more
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:35:55 AM by MuslimAgorist »
"The Greatest Jihad is to speak a word of truth in the face of a tyrant."
~Prophet Muhammad

I'm tired of Repeating Myself

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
Re: The Swiss minaret ban damages property rights
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:01:35 PM »

I think it's a good idea finally someone in Europe has some balls to stand up to the Muslims.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »

Did you try searching before posting?  :roll:

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 01:37:58 AM »

You're attacking this from the wrong angle.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:18:20 AM »

I think it's a good idea finally someone in Europe has some balls to stand up to the Muslims.

[sarcasm] Yeah it would be nice to have freedom, except we've got to teach those Muslims a lesson. [/sarcasm]

Fuck you.

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »

Balls? Meaning what, courage? Ha! A bunch of people signed a piece of paper giving a bunch of other people permission to tell another group of people how to decorate their paint factory at gunpoint...

Did you try searching before posting?  :roll:

Yeah, I searched "Switzerland" and saw "Hoplophobes" and didn't piece it together. I move it there.

You're attacking this from the wrong angle.

Care to elaborate?
~Prophet Muhammad

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »

[sarcasm] Yeah it would be nice to have freedom, except we've got to teach those Muslims a lesson. [/sarcasm]

Fuck you.

Yeah.  That's Republican talk-- "We support freedom, but only for ourselves.  Screw those people we don't like." 

If you only support freedom for people you agree with, you don't actually support freedom at all. 

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 11:26:25 AM »

Fuck you.

Yeah.  That's Republican talk-- "We support freedom, but only for ourselves.  Screw those people we don't like." 

If you only support freedom for people you agree with, you don't actually support freedom at all. 

I support freedom for those who support freedom. I don't see any of that from CAIR, or from European Islam in general.

BonerJoe

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »

Hey, have your minaret. You annoy me with the fucking loudspeaker on top for the call to prayer though. Same thing with Catholic church bells. Don't bother me with your religious noise.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:02:30 PM by BonerJoe »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:52:45 AM »

I support freedom for those who support freedom.  I don't see any of that from CAIR, or from European Islam in general.

Sorry, that's not how it works.  People who really support freedom have to be bigger people than those who don't.   And "European Islam" is not a monolithic group.  I knew plenty of Muslims in Europe who support your freedom.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »

I support freedom for those who support freedom.  I don't see any of that from CAIR, or from European Islam in general.

Sorry, that's not how it works.  People who really support freedom have to be bigger people than those who don't.   And "European Islam" is not a monolithic group.  I knew plenty of Muslims in Europe who support your freedom.

If I see people carrying out "honor killings," saying that they wish to conquer Europe, and generally promoting violence, and it nearly all seems to be from one group, then there's no way I can support that group.

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:28 PM »

If I see people carrying out "honor killings," saying that they wish to conquer Europe, and generally promoting violence, and it nearly all seems to be from one group, then there's no way I can support that group.

Hey fascist, I support your freedom. I'm not killing anyone, or conquering anyone. Can I have my minaret or do you support collective guilt too?

The way I see it Europe is already conquered by people who generally promote violence.

BTW
Honer Killings: lies, damn lies, and statistics.
~Prophet Muhammad

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 12:54:11 PM »

I support freedom for those who support freedom.  I don't see any of that from CAIR, or from European Islam in general.

Hey fascist, I support your freedom. I'm not killing anyone, or conquering anyone. Can I have my minaret or do you support collective guilt too?

The way I see it Europe is already conquered by people who generally promote violence.

BTW
Honer Killings: lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Yes, we all know how violent the Dutch are. Theo van Gogh was a bloodthirsty maniac.

Also, that link doesn't address at all the honor killings that do go on in Muslim countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing#Locations

This is interesting too. Why does it only seem to be Muslims who usually do this? (Not sure if the Hindu practice of sati still goes on, or if that counts here.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning#Usage_today

This is related as well; I find it very interesting that stoning today only usually takes place in Muslim countries.

And finally

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:56:14 PM by TaimuRaidiu »

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »

~Prophet Muhammad

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 01:03:54 PM »

Not on my property :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Swiss minaret ban damages property rights

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.