Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shrine is Dumb.  (Read 46596 times)

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
Re: The Shrine is Dumb.
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2007, 10:30:49 PM »

Yeah, he's fucking serious. He is too emotionally wrapped up in his delusions to see logic and reason.

The same could be said of many people around here, come to think of it...

Yes, I guess you could say I'm delusional because I know a perfect controlled demolition when I see it.  I don't start my research with a conclusion and work backwards.  The 9/11 deniers here are all people who haven't done their homework, and don't care what the truth is regardless.  So they have no foundation for argument in the first place.  So why do it?

and what qualifications do you have that makes you able to differentiate between a controlled blast and an uncontrolled demolition?

Homework and common sense.  I'm sure you won't like my answer, but try them.

So other than shoving a bottle rocket up your ass you haven't any experience and you think your 'homework' makes you qualified? 

I kind of have to wonder how in the hell this thread got twisted into this subject.  Talk about a one track mind. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »

So other than shoving a bottle rocket up your ass you haven't any experience and you think your 'homework' makes you qualified? 

That was him? I remember seeing pictures of that from some radio station's website.

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
Re: The Shrine is STILL Dumb.
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »

The show could be bigger and better if:

A)The shrine went away
b)The Web site got a total redesign by a professional
c)You guys would stay on topic with politics and freedom issues (what was the whole sex thing last night? So the youngster 20-something year olds could actually talk about something you know? Cuz otherwise, you're pretty boring and obviously really really young...seriously, I expected the next thing out of someone's mouth to be "ow, my balls...")   

It will never be any bigger than it is as long as things never happen.

theCelestrian

• Purveyor of Crapulence
  • FTL Creative Team
  • [ insert awesomely insightful comment here ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »

A) Your avatar is a woman in a bra smoking a cigarette
B) Maybe, but Michael Savage instantly refutes this point.
C) Then it wouldn't be "Free Talk Live", it would be "Free Talk Live So Long as it's Politics and Liberty Issues"
- Branden
[ insert amazingly cool liberty-oriented witticism of your choice here ]

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2007, 11:56:20 AM »

My avatar could be anything. So what? I can get any pic out on the internet and use any pic to represent me. What exactly is wrong with the one I have?

Free Talk Live is really good. Could be better. Last night was really boring and uninteresting.

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »

Anyway, I enjoy seeing how people react to my posts VERY DIFFERENTLY when the woman picture is up, as opposed to no picture. People just can't help it--it's all about our society. I'm pushing the buttons, you bet...start thinking about this stuff.

theCelestrian

• Purveyor of Crapulence
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »

My avatar could be anything. So what? I can get any pic out on the internet and use any pic to represent me. What exactly is wrong with the one I have?

Indeed.  There's nothing wrong with your avatar, I just find it interesting you're arguing for the shrine to go away, which I'm assuming is because you think it's sexist, and yet you're using an avatar that commands quite a bit of attention using some typical imagery that's, "using sex to sell".... a woman in a bra, smoking a cigarette.... I'm sure you could open any magazine ad and see this same visual language to sell a product.

I just interpret this as you using it to sell your point.  "I'm a woman, I'm sexy and the Shrine still sucks."

...did I get the implied message wrong?

Free Talk Live is really good. Could be better. Last night was really boring and uninteresting.

Can't please everyone all the time, sometimes show segments lag for me too, but others are really interesting.

(EDIT: just fixed a bunch of grammatical errors and typos....a bit late over here in Japan)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:10:19 PM by theCelestrian »
- Branden

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2007, 12:14:13 PM »

My avatar should be of some ugly fat chick, I see...that way the hatred of the shrine would be justified in your eyes. But because it's of an somewhat okay looking woman--well, that makes no Sense! She should be proud of the shrine, she should be IN the shrine!

Wrong. The Shrine is STILL subjugating women to "women" status. Not equal. And in the universe of IDEAS, we are all equal. In my mind, my ideas are EQUAL with yours...not better, not female. Equal.

theCelestrian

• Purveyor of Crapulence
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2007, 12:21:33 PM »

My avatar should be of some ugly fat chick, I see...that way the hatred of the shrine would be justified in your eyes

Hahahahaha.... wow. Way to twist what I said completely out of context and go right into the gender-wars baiting. 

You seem to have added a lot connotation which I niether typed nor implied.  I said it was interesting because your avatar commands attention, and is using some of the same methodologies that you seem to be criticizing....something you yourself have admitted to purposefully doing.

But because it's of an somewhat okay looking woman--well, that makes no Sense! She should be proud of the shrine, she should be IN the shrine!

You're inserting words into my mouth, which is niether fair nor intellectually honest.

Wrong. The Shrine is STILL subjugating women to "women" status. Not equal. And in the universe of IDEAS, we are all equal. In my mind, my ideas are EQUAL with yours...not better, not female. Equal.

When did I ever say they weren't?  It makes it very hard to exchange ideas with you on an equal footing when you seem very content to insert and project the points you'd like to respond to in my mouth.

So far, I haven't even given you my position on whether or not the Shrine is A) dumb, or B) should exist, yet here you have completely spun a position for me based upon my questioning of your use of a picture....of a woman in a bra.... smoking a cigarette.

...that's a really nasty habit you might want to consider evaluating, particularly if you want me to consider your ideas equal.

(EDIT: changed "seems" to "seem")
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:35:15 PM by theCelestrian »
- Branden

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2007, 02:16:47 PM »

So, again...somebody tell me who's forcing this person to look at the shrine? 

I like the implication that young people are sub-par to their elders.  Stealth, nice.  Especially after the argument that the shrine is reducing women to an old stereotype of being less than a man. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »

in the universe of IDEAS, we are all equal

Why?
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »

I think stuff like this is funny, because FTL will never be able to please everyone. Everybody and their mother has suggestions about what would make the show "better" and they're all different.  There's nothing wrong with that of course.  Hey, if you can do it better, do it! The more the merrier! Some people hate the shrine, some people love it. Some people want to hear a three hour show about politics, some don't. Personally, I fit into the "don't" category. If FTL did that, only people who are really interested in politics would want to listen, which is a minority. FTL helps introduce the liberty message to people in an entertaining way that is easy for the average person to understand. Oh, and FTL is getting bigger.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:53:42 PM by Soundwave »
Julia

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2007, 03:02:42 PM »

BTW, what's wrong with website?
Julia

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2007, 03:04:36 PM »

Apparently it sucks because it doesn't sparkle and have other cool graphics effects. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

rabidfurby

« Reply #224 on: March 31, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »

It needs more cowbell.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.