Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shrine is Dumb.  (Read 46251 times)

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
Re: The Shrine is Dumb.
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »

It needs more dots.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2007, 09:55:28 PM »

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2007, 10:06:54 PM »

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
Re: The Web site...the shrine...whippersnappers
« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2007, 11:47:55 PM »

Don't care about Java...Flash...sparkles...dots...Karma points...yadda yadda. I think content-wise FTL's web site is pretty good. The look is sort of...I don't know...NASCAR? Dark? It has not been updated for a few years...and you need to update just the general look of stuff every year or so. I despise excessive flash/java/graphics/MIDI music...so I think in that regard, and with its content, the site is great. And the podcasts are GOLD. Nobody else, not even the big guys, offers all that. I can't even get cable news shows in their entirety, let alone an archive of past shows. So to me FTL sets the standard for what cable news shows and others should be doing on their web sites.

Soooo....I see I get folks riled up pretty good, looking at the boards. THAT'S THE POINT of being guerilla...is it not? Get people thinking and get people more involved. You are all a feisty bunch.

I think stuff like this is funny, because FTL will never be able to please everyone. Everybody and their mother has suggestions about what would make the show "better" and they're all different.  There's nothing wrong with that of course.  Hey, if you can do it better, do it! The more the merrier! Some people hate the shrine, some people love it. Some people want to hear a three hour show about politics, some don't. Personally, I fit into the "don't" category. If FTL did that, only people who are really interested in politics would want to listen, which is a minority. FTL helps introduce the liberty message to people in an entertaining way that is easy for the average person to understand. Oh, and FTL is getting bigger. -- SOUNDWAVE

No,you cannont make a show/Web site/topic for everybody. I'm sure FTL is growing...someone tried to tell me on this thread that there were only 1000 listeners anyway...I DO NOT believe that for a second. I think there are many, many more. By the way, Julia's comments are the best response to my provocation that has been posted here.

Believe me, I don't look at the shrine...Why do you all care about it so much? LOL...It's not that younger people are sub-par to elders, Lindsay (now who is putting words in whose mouth??), it's just that it's clear to me, anyway, that you guys are younger in your ideas and the way you respond to stuff.

I dunno, maybe FTL is supposed to be like HotRock 99...perhaps that is part of its draw. It gets younger people involved in politics when they wouldn't necessarily have been involved, which is good.

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
« Reply #229 on: April 01, 2007, 12:00:25 AM »

So far, I haven't even given you my position on whether or not the Shrine is A) dumb, or B) should exist, yet here you have completely spun a position for me based upon my questioning of your use of a picture....of a woman in a bra.... smoking a cigarette.

...that's a really nasty habit you might want to consider evaluating, particularly if you want me to consider your ideas equal.

I don't smoke.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2007, 12:03:02 AM »

I'm not ignoring the rest of your post or anything, but how am I supposed to seriously respond to what you say if you can't spell my name correctly after it's plainly been displayed here countless times? 

I also didn't put words in your mouth.  This is the internet.  What I said is in plain black and white, so to speak.  Everyone responds to statements differently, and you cannot accurately measure a person's wisdom, experience, intelligence, and certainly not their age by the way they respond to something.  And before you say anything, I understand that what you meant.  I just try to minimize my judgement against others. 

We've all pretty much said the same thing.  I think the end-all is that it isn't your website, and I doubt very seriously that Ian cares much about the fact that you and others think the shrine is dumb, and that some people take issue with the design of his website.  Obviously he's doing something right. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

theCelestrian

• Purveyor of Crapulence
  • FTL Creative Team
  • [ insert awesomely insightful comment here ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2007, 12:07:47 AM »

Get people thinking and get people more involved. You are all a feisty bunch

You haven't really riled me, though I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth and engaging in other intellectually dishonest practices such as fabricating a position which I never made.

....like I said, a little hard for me to take your ideas seriously or even come close to considering them "equal."

I don't smoke.

hahahahahaha..... re-read my post again and see if you can get it right the next time.

(edit: here's a hint.... it has something to do with what your debating practices)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:09:59 AM by theCelestrian »
- Branden
[ insert amazingly cool liberty-oriented witticism of your choice here ]

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 01, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »

Get people thinking and get people more involved. You are all a feisty bunch

You haven't really riled me, though I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth and engaging in other intellectually dishonest practices such as fabricating a position which I never made.

....like I said, a little hard for me to take your ideas seriously or even come close to considering them "equal."

I don't smoke.

hahahahahaha..... re-read my post again and see if you can get it right the next time.

Notice that the avatar changed... :shock:
         -George W. Bush

theCelestrian

• Purveyor of Crapulence
  • FTL Creative Team
  • [ insert awesomely insightful comment here ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 01, 2007, 12:22:03 AM »

Notice that the avatar changed...

We'll she's a guerilla, Lindsey.  Don't you understand that she's here to enlighten our simple minds and make us think?  It's obvious our reactions to everything is "younger"...as are our ideas, so she's here to rile us up and get us to question our young (read the implication: immature) minds and ideas.

I'm so glad that she decided to grace us with her astounding intellect and show us what a bunch of simpleton sexists we've been.  If only the women who make conscious choice to join the shrine realized that their choice really isn't an expression of their equal free-will, but is merely an affirmation of their continued subjugation, and therefore their choice to voluntarily participate in something they don't have to is completely invalid.

------------------------------------
EDIT:

Now I've given you a position you can respond to, guerilla, in case it wasn't clear:

"I don't particularly have a problem with the Shrine because the women who join it do so voluntarily, and as somone who respects the equality of their choices and intellect, who am I to say they shouldn't be able to particpate in a voluntary activity?"

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:45:32 AM by theCelestrian »
- Branden
[ insert amazingly cool liberty-oriented witticism of your choice here ]

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 01, 2007, 12:26:04 AM »

-George W. Bush

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #235 on: April 01, 2007, 03:48:50 AM »

The only thing I think should be fixed with the website are the
and images. Why can't they be anti-aliased, or styled text?
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 01, 2007, 03:53:28 AM »

And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

james

• ISA CHARGIN MUH LASER
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2007, 12:14:02 AM »

i just would like to say.... the shrine rocks

this is my signature

Taors

« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »

Bree should send in a shrine pic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 31 queries.