Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shrine is Dumb.  (Read 46591 times)

ILikeMoney

Re: The Shrine is Dumb.
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2007, 01:02:15 PM »

If I were an advertiser, I'd take one look at the Shrine and think..."Hm. Look...all of 30 or 40 female listeners...some covering their tits. Eh. Weelll, I don't think my product will work here."

Please.

The Shrine needs to go if FTL is going to get anywhere as big as Rush and Neil. They don't have shrines. They have female listeners. It's dumb to think that if the Shrine wasn't on the web site that no one would think women listen. OF COURSE they do.

Did any of you graduate from Collidge...er, college? Your business model is flawed if you think half-naked women will appeal to advertisers that buy ads on a political talk show, let alone give your political movement any credibility.

The Shrine itself is self-defeating because it only shows the women that send a photo in, not the thousands that listen to FTL. Who's to say that an advertiser wouldn't think, "Gee, I thought you had more female listeners than this...but if this is it, and hey...some of them are showing tittie, well, I guess they probably don't think too hard about buying stuff, let alone politics."

It doesn't prove anything regarding female demographics for the show. Nothing. It's Ian's little homage to Phil Hendrie, who I love, and who had a really funny show. But this is politics, not prank phone calls.

Perhaps when you all are much older, say 27 or 28, you'll feel differently about this.

Moving on, can we get off the fucking Jew thing?  Jews were (still are somewhat) an oppressed people -->  War  -->  Lots of dead Jews -->  No more Jews in concentration camps -->  Hitler dies -->  War over -->  World rebuilding  -->  Jane is a Jew -->  EVERYBODY PANIC!  Wait...what?

We get it.  I have a lot of respect for Jane for many different reasons.  I do not take issue with her in the slightest, save for the part where somebody, if not Jane herself, mentions that she is a Jew almost every time she posts.  Again I say, we get it. 

Aww!  Yayyy, flattery.

I was trained to mention the Holocaust at the drop of a hat, Lindsey.  I'm a special kind of Jew, I come from a secular Jew who didn't believe in God or any of the Jewish bullshit and felt really, really guilty about it.

ladyattis

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2007, 01:09:09 PM »

Hitler pwnt j00s.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself for being offensive and dumb at the same time.... :shock:

-- Bridget

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »

Lindsey,
I wish you post more often longer comments like the one a few posts above (and for that one +1). They tend to be more interesting than short posts.

Thank you Gordee.  I'm usually pretty short on time, so a large chunk of what is here gets ignored, unfortunately.  Right now I'm sitting here at my desk putting on makeup, because I'm getting ready to go to work here shortly, and reading a few posts.  I'm really going to try to delve back in to this beast and join the debating and such, like I used to. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

ReverendRyan

« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2007, 01:18:58 PM »

Just never forget, though the nazis wiped out a large segment of the jewish population, jews have carried out their own genocides, presumably commanded by god. Pick up a chumash at any bookstore and read for yourself. Just look at the events leading up to the exodus: god and Moses hatched the first-ever genocidal terrorist conspiracy.

ladyattis

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »

So Moses pwnt Egyptians? :shock:

-- Bridget

money dollars

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »

I believe he's 25 now, possibly 26 already. 
I thought he was 27.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2007, 01:36:11 PM »

I believe he's 25 now, possibly 26 already.
I thought he was 27.

I don't know.  But his big revelation is soon to come, or has passed already.   :shock:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

money dollars

« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »

No, I don't know. He is probably 26.

I don't find body waxing painful or unpleasant.  I have it done every three weeks.  To my butthole.

I trimmed my facial hair for the first time this year the other day.

And I must like jews, cus I have 5 lbs. of matzo bread in my car. It was over half off,  only $4.99. The jew in me took over and had to buy it.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 02:09:39 PM by money dollars »

ILikeMoney

« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2007, 01:57:52 PM »

Just never forget, though the nazis wiped out a large segment of the jewish population, jews have carried out their own genocides, presumably commanded by god. Pick up a chumash at any bookstore and read for yourself. Just look at the events leading up to the exodus: god and Moses hatched the first-ever genocidal terrorist conspiracy.

That's if you believe crap that was written thousands of years ago. 

ReverendRyan

« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »

Just pointing out the whole persecution complex, that's all.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2007, 02:13:56 PM »

Are we seriously arguing whether the Holocaust was bad? The fuck? We get it, YOU ARE A JEW. Cun grah jew fucking lay shuns.

Do Protestants feel the need to bring up the Spanish Inquisition? Do they need to remind people that burning Protestants at the stake was bad? Do blacks need to bring up slavery all the time? Do we need a reminder that slavery is a bad thing? No, because we can respect people as individuals and do not define them by an event that happened to an ethnic group that they descended from a long time ago. Shut the fuck up. If you want to talk about the Holocaust and remind people that it was bad, make a thread about it. I already know the Holocaust was horrific and won't enter. Goddamn.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Taors

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2007, 04:02:05 PM »

In a few thousand years people will probably forget or not care that The Holocaust or WWII even happened.

money dollars

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2007, 05:03:13 PM »

I have a wife.
I have a wifey. And my bitch is my babies's mama.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:06:56 PM by money dollars »

ILikeMoney

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2007, 06:30:11 PM »

So Moses pwnt Egyptians? :shock:

-- Bridget

Probably not.  Egyptians kept pretty good records of slavery and the like, and so far history has yet to find records of Jewish slaves.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2007, 07:20:03 AM »

...which, you know, was written by Jews.  Honestly, if the Old Testament was written as PR then somebody seriously needs to be fired. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.