Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shrine is Dumb.  (Read 46598 times)

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
Re: The Shrine is Dumb.
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2007, 11:39:47 AM »

If I were an advertiser, I'd take one look at the Shrine and think..."Hm. Look...all of 30 or 40 female listeners...some covering their tits. Eh. Weelll, I don't think my product will work here."

Please.

The Shrine needs to go if FTL is going to get anywhere as big as Rush and Neil. They don't have shrines. They have female listeners. It's dumb to think that if the Shrine wasn't on the web site that no one would think women listen. OF COURSE they do.

Did any of you graduate from Collidge...er, college? Your business model is flawed if you think half-naked women will appeal to advertisers that buy ads on a political talk show, let alone give your political movement any credibility.

The Shrine itself is self-defeating because it only shows the women that send a photo in, not the thousands that listen to FTL. Who's to say that an advertiser wouldn't think, "Gee, I thought you had more female listeners than this...but if this is it, and hey...some of them are showing tittie, well, I guess they probably don't think too hard about buying stuff, let alone politics."

It doesn't prove anything regarding female demographics for the show. Nothing. It's Ian's little homage to Phil Hendrie, who I love, and who had a really funny show. But this is politics, not prank phone calls.

Perhaps when you all are much older, say 27 or 28, you'll feel differently about this.

theghostofbj

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

I'm gonna condense about a million years of days into six words.  Its allright to be an asshole.

I would define "asshole" in the proper context, because when I say "asshole", a few people would say "he called you an asshole?"

Then those few people would talk amongst themselves.  Its all in the timber of the voice.  I'm saying, in person.

You know what the funniest part is?

There are many people who are unworthy of being called an asshole.

***Ghostofbj***
Shut up asshole.
***End of BJ***

He's not here, so I did it.

Edit: My wife says goodnight.

I read the bottom of the post first, and didn't think that's how I would reply. But as I read the quote, I was like...whoa.

Although I would have been a bit more polite and said "Be quiet, asshole."

theghostofbj

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »

I'm not keen on that variety of sex jokes, so I shant be participating.  Sorry.

Don't be a funt.

guerilla_amplifier

• $ $$ $$$$$ $$$$$!
  • $$$ $ $$$$ $$ $$$$$.
    • View Profile
    • $$$.$$$$$$.$$$
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »

Lookit, people DO "rate" the ladies here...the MOST visited thread in the "shrine" topics is....(drumroll)

FAVORITE SHRINER. Hands down. And somebody posted a POLL right on top.

Oink oink.

"How would I know which one is my favorite? I don't know what their views are...oh...I guess I'm just supposed to rate their physical appearance."

OINK.

theghostofbj

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »

Did I break your boner or something? *High five!!*

money dollars

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »

Hitler didn't care what "sect" you came from.  Sephardics?  Die.  Ashkenazi?  Die.  Chasidic?  Die.  Those are just ethnic groups.  Reform, Orthodox, Conservative, DIE DIE DIE.  If you came from a mixed faith household, he just killed the other partner for contaminating the race. 

We all got the same special "validation."
Sorry, but he didn't just kill them all. They made good slave workers.

ILikeMoney

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »

If I were an advertiser, I'd take one look at the Shrine and think..."Hm. Look...all of 30 or 40 female listeners...some covering their tits. Eh. Weelll, I don't think my product will work here."

Please.

The Shrine needs to go if FTL is going to get anywhere as big as Rush and Neil. They don't have shrines. They have female listeners. It's dumb to think that if the Shrine wasn't on the web site that no one would think women listen. OF COURSE they do.

Did any of you graduate from Collidge...er, college? Your business model is flawed if you think half-naked women will appeal to advertisers that buy ads on a political talk show, let alone give your political movement any credibility.

The Shrine itself is self-defeating because it only shows the women that send a photo in, not the thousands that listen to FTL. Who's to say that an advertiser wouldn't think, "Gee, I thought you had more female listeners than this...but if this is it, and hey...some of them are showing tittie, well, I guess they probably don't think too hard about buying stuff, let alone politics."

It doesn't prove anything regarding female demographics for the show. Nothing. It's Ian's little homage to Phil Hendrie, who I love, and who had a really funny show. But this is politics, not prank phone calls.

Perhaps when you all are much older, say 27 or 28, you'll feel differently about this.

loooooool

FTL doesn't have thousands of listeners TOTAL, let alone thousands of FEMALE listeners, you dumb woman.  Don't you have a sammich to make?

ILikeMoney

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2007, 12:19:48 PM »

Hitler didn't care what "sect" you came from.  Sephardics?  Die.  Ashkenazi?  Die.  Chasidic?  Die.  Those are just ethnic groups.  Reform, Orthodox, Conservative, DIE DIE DIE.  If you came from a mixed faith household, he just killed the other partner for contaminating the race. 

We all got the same special "validation."
Sorry, but he didn't just kill them all. They made good slave workers.

Right, the sonderkommando.  You know what kind of work they did?  Killing or otherwise creating horrendous environments for other Jews.  And if they fucked up?  Die.  Whether he used them as slaves or not, he intended to stay in power and kill them all.  That was, after all, the final solution.

money dollars

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »

Right, the sonderkommando.  You know what kind of work they did?  Killing or otherwise creating horrendous environments for other Jews.  And if they fucked up?  Die.  Whether he used them as slaves or not, he intended to stay in power and kill them all.  That was, after all, the final solution.

Over 62 million people died during WWII. Jews are only a small percentage of that.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »

Please.

So you're telling us you think Ian is going to turn 26 and have a revelation?  I believe he's 25 now, possibly 26 already.  We should begin preparation for the enlightenment.  And Mark, well...Mark is 35.  The revelation has come and gone.  What exactly do you want Ian, Mark, or us to do about it?  Would you like the shrine taken down?  Would you like women to stop submitting pictures of themselves sans-clothing?  What's the purpose here?  If you feel this strongly about the shrine, I suggest that you not visit the page or this forum on the BBS. 

I will say that I don't disagree with you completely.  You bring up a good question in regards to the advertisers.  I will then go ahead and reiterate that the shrine was started when the show was started - which was on a very low-watt FM station in Venice/Englewood/Sarasota Florida.  Pizza delivery people, locals, and kids from my high school and other surrounding schools listened.  It wasn't the demographic you hear now.  Furthermore, anyone with half a brain cell would realize that the shrine is selective representation of the women who listen to this show, so let's not judge the advertisers here.  It's...well, glaringly obvious that every woman who tunes in to Free Talk Live is not going submit her picture on the internet. 

Moving on, can we get off the fucking Jew thing?  Jews were (still are somewhat) an oppressed people -->  War  -->  Lots of dead Jews -->  No more Jews in concentration camps -->  Hitler dies -->  War over -->  World rebuilding  -->  Jane is a Jew -->  EVERYBODY PANIC!  Wait...what?

We get it.  I have a lot of respect for Jane for many different reasons.  I do not take issue with her in the slightest, save for the part where somebody, if not Jane herself, mentions that she is a Jew almost every time she posts.  Again I say, we get it. 

I'm white. 

Mack XI is black. 

mrapplecastle is some kinda Hispanic motherfucker. 

Cyro is from the UK.

aquabanianskakid is bisexual.

Taors is from Kentucky. 

John Shaw has a wife.

theCelestrian is currently residing in Japan, with his soon-to-be wife.  She has hair, a face, and a name.  She is Japanese.

Things are things most of us are aware of.  There's no need to wear a flashing sign that has a sensor and screams at you when you walk by. 

Everyone proceed with normal posting activity. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

ReverendRyan

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2007, 12:49:52 PM »

Hmm....maybe a program director will see that there are good looking women that tend to call in and voice intelligent opinions, keeping more men and women listening, then invite them to the shrine, the mild chauvinism keeping men listening as well?

Duh.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2007, 12:52:52 PM »

Hmm....maybe a program director will see that there are good looking women that tend to call in and voice intelligent opinions, keeping more men and women listening, then invite them to the shrine, the mild chauvinism keeping men listening as well?

Duh.

Be careful with that...logic, Ryan.  Someone's brain may asplode due to the overuse of logic by just about everyone in this thread. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

ILikeMoney

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2007, 12:54:37 PM »

Over 62 million people died during WWII. Jews are only a small percentage of that.

I'm aware of the numbers.  If you are honestly disputing the fact that the Jews were specifically targeted, then you're just a nut.  Sure, Mengele had a midget Gypsy fetish, gays and lesbians had their own badges, but there's no question that the crux of Hitler's spiel was to kill the Jews.  It was a "Jews, etc." situation.

Gordee

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »

Lindsey,
I wish you post more often longer comments like the one a few posts above (and for that one +1). They tend to be more interesting than short posts.

money dollars

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2007, 01:00:59 PM »

If you are honestly disputing the fact that the Jews were specifically targeted, then you're just a nut.
I didn't dispute that, but that doesn't mean I'm not a nut.

but there's no question that the crux of Hitler's spiel was to kill the Jews.  It was a "Jews, etc." situation.
:lol:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.