Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432472 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #1500 on: August 15, 2012, 12:27:46 AM »

Can bonobos and chimpanzees interbreed?

I mean, they should be closely related enough, but I can't find a definitive answer.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #1501 on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:09 AM »

Humans have a 99% DNA match with chimps and we cant make babies with them, so I doubt that would work either.

Good question though.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 07, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »

How come people with chimeral DNA don't have autoimmune disorders?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28genetics%29#Human_chimeras

Would knowledge about this make it possible to do more body transplants without immuno-suppressants? I mean people can get new arms and legs transplanted without the risk of rejection.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »

What is stopping some 3 letter govt goon agency from setting up fake shops on Silk Road and sending the cops to someones house instead of the product they ordered?

Looking from outside

• View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 12, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »

A Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure originally described by Freeman Dyson. Such a "sphere" would be a system of orbiting solar power satellites meant to completely encompass a star and capture most or all of its energy output. Dyson speculated that such structures would be the logical consequence of the long-term survival and escalating energy needs of a technological civilization, and proposed that searching for evidence of the existence of such structures might lead to the detection of advanced intelligent extraterrestrial life.

So, you inhabit the inner surface of that sphere and have a sun in the center. Fine but what would happen if you had a solar flair? :shock:

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 12, 2013, 08:58:02 PM »

What is stopping some 3 letter govt goon agency from setting up fake shops on Silk Road and sending the cops to someones house instead of the product they ordered?

In theory, you could order whatever it is you want and have it delivered to an address that doesn't belong to you.  If you have a tracking number, you know when it's going to arrive and can intercept it, etc.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 12, 2013, 09:48:47 PM »

In theory, you could order whatever it is you want and have it delivered to an address that doesn't belong to you.  If you have a tracking number, you know when it's going to arrive and can intercept it, etc.

Problem with that, is they would know where its really going as well. Just sit and wait a few hrs for you to show up and BLAMMO, you're screwed.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 12, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »

Problem with that, is they would know where its really going as well. Just sit and wait a few hrs for you to show up and BLAMMO, you're screwed.

7-11's started a program where you can have stuff shipped to them for a fee. Then all you would have to look out for is a police car in the parking lot.

-Dennis Goddard

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:55 PM »

7-11's started a program where you can have stuff shipped to them for a fee. Then all you would have to look out for is a police car in the parking lot.

...and the security cameras.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 15, 2013, 10:48:07 PM »

...and the plain clothes DEA agents

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1510 on: January 31, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »

...and the plain clothes DEA agents

Hell it could be the station attendant himself.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 01, 2013, 12:20:14 AM »

I know for a fact I could have anything mailed to half-a-dozen Durk-a-marts. 

TMYK.

Tonight, for example, I walked into a Hajib-fest.  One dude is probably about your age, has a beard halfway down to his balls.  He, and three of his cohorts were chattering in Pak, or Farsi, or god-knows what. 

They sell crack roses, scales, brass brillo, dick pills, counterfeit batteries, glass weed pipes out the ass - pretty much anything.  One extra box from a sketchy location probably doesn't matter, they must get sketch shit alla time.

Most of that shit comes in bulk, the UPS motherfucker just wheels in a handtruck of shit from China.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had yellowcake uranium and dynamite vests in the back room. 

In your case, it might not fly.  Nothing personal, but they probably dislike "your kind".  Its all about being pals, regular customers, friendly, and not ripping their balls on the prices of common store goods.  They like having a "crew" of regulars, who come in and out, and serve to be the basic protectorate of a struggling business.  Because people come in there and treat them like shit on a regular basis.

If you work up that camaraderie, you can get a package sent there.  They'd be happy to do it for ya, for a few bucks. 

I'd rather have something illicit sent there, than a Mailboxes, Etc location.  Those cunts will rat you out in a minute.  In a MBE or UPS Store, you have to show ID to open a PO box.  They normally don't just take "general delivery".

I actually used to have a "General Delivery" address at a rural PO location.  This was in the days before sand people blew up the twin towers.  I'm pretty sure the General Delivery addresses are super rare nowadays.  Maybe in DirtRoad, Oklahoma, you could find one.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.