Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 434070 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #1230 on: November 19, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »

How much per bird does a turkey farmer(?) make?

Depends on breed, weight, and number of birds. If you sell one bird of a rare breed alive to someone the price will be different than the super fat food birds butchered en mass.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #1231 on: November 19, 2010, 04:21:17 PM »

How much per bird does a turkey farmer(?) make?

I'm guessing around 50 cents a piece. The profit margins on factory farming are depressing.

Riddler

« Reply #1232 on: November 19, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »

if they're columbian turkey farmers & stuff them w/ coke & weed, they aren't depressed at all

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 28, 2010, 11:48:03 PM »

Who here still cares about American debt?

With insolvency looming for the Euro, and entire nations defaulting on debt obligations (Iceland, Seychelles, Greece, and now Ireland) and more following their lead, it seems to me that the idea of currency is due for a change. Doom and gloom, sky will fall, and cash will be worthless. etc.

Except for the fact that forex exists.

Every currency is traded around the clock and a loss in value for one means a raise in the value of another. Since the Euro zone is hell bent on bankrupting itself, and many other nations are following suit, and they're doing it faster than we are, all America has to do is slow down on using the printing press, and our currency will avoid default.

Just a thought.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 29, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »

Currencies can't default, and if you're referring to defaulting on our debt then slowing the printing presses down would make that more likely.  US debt is denominated in US dollars and is payable in the same.

It would be interesting to see some countries start defaulting on their debts.  That seems more likely in the Euro-zone since countries using the Euro are not able to singlehandedly manipulate their money supply...they can't inflate their way out of debt.  I'm not sure how much longer the bailout mania can continue.

As far as the US debt goes, I still care about it.  I don't imagine that anyone will be happy with the results of a default on the part of the US government.  It is not clear at all that it would actually cause the government to change in any major, much less fundamental, way.  At this point, I much prefer a stable and planned reduction of government rather than a collapse.

yamnuska

« Reply #1235 on: December 01, 2010, 10:20:33 PM »

Does anyone think the euros will do a bank run on December 7th? Which currency will be used as toilet paper first, the Euro or the American dollar?

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 01, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »

Does anyone think the euros will do a bank run on December 7th? Which currency will be used as toilet paper first, the Euro or the American dollar?

I'd guess the Euro given Greece, Ireland, and the rest of the countries which are quickly headed down the toilet.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1237 on: December 01, 2010, 11:06:14 PM »

What is the significance of December 7th?

yamnuska

« Reply #1238 on: December 02, 2010, 05:09:20 AM »

Nothing, just that some euro twits picked that date, they are supposedly being led by former football star Catona, bunch of nitwits.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rep/eric-cantona-peaceful-revolution.html

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #1239 on: December 02, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

Nothing, just that some euro twits picked that date, they are supposedly being led by former football star Catona, bunch of nitwits.

Guy claims it will take 3 million to sink the banks, yet less than 200,000 counts on the video. Soccer boy better get his ass moving.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1240 on: December 03, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »

Guy claims it will take 3 million to sink the banks, yet less than 200,000 counts on the video. Soccer boy better get his ass moving.

Well, you know what typically comes out of a horse's ass. 

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 03, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »

Well, you know what typically comes out of a horse's ass. 

Hey, I was completely loco on Jose Cuervo when that happened, and it only happened once. Judge thee not lest ye be judged......... so sayeth the Lord.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1242 on: December 04, 2010, 05:33:02 PM »

Thats your business. 

I was talking about the Guy Fawkes wannabe who thinks he's gonna cause a revolution by having a few people make a MAC withdrawal.  They are printing money on an industrial scale, like Charmin.  Here, there, wherever.  If you take it all out, they'll simply put more in.  Like Chuck E. Cheese tickets. 

The headline will be "Bank Temporarily Ran Short Of Funds.  More Was Delivered." 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:54 AM »

Have been postponing a full physical for a three years now. Am not in bad shape, but not in great.
Ran 2nd marathon last weekend. Have burning curiosity figure out which of these things will be found wrong with me tomorrow:

High Cholesterol
Heart Murmur
Weight/BMI too high.
Abnormally low blood pressure
B12 deficiency
Iron deficiency
Serious irregularities on the bloodwork.
Knee damage requiring trip to orthopedic doc / therapist.
Suspicious moles, freckles, etc from all the time outdoor on bike or foot over last 3 years.

I'm betting on at least 4 of 9, with a scheduled trip for ultrasound, screening with dermatologist and a follow up for second round of bloodwork.

Yes, I do realize this is less of a question, and more the venting of the stuff that goes through my head & leads me to delay scheduling appts.  Because (here comes my question)... if I don't go to the doctor, he/she can't tell me there's something wrong with me, meaning that I'm perfectly healthy, yes?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 17, 2010, 02:01:18 AM »

I'm gonna say rickets and scurvy........... and maybe a bad case of the vapors as well.

Let us know what they find out.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 32 queries.