Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 435871 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #885 on: June 29, 2010, 12:23:12 AM »

I think thats one of the wonderful things about discussing a voluntary society; politically, its consistent. Philosophically on a basic level it is too, but religiously (as Ian has proved through personal example) it is not.

Why?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #886 on: June 29, 2010, 01:03:38 AM »

I think thats one of the wonderful things about discussing a voluntary society; politically, its consistent. Philosophically on a basic level it is too, but religiously (as Ian has proved through personal example) it is not.

Why?

Why is it not consistant religiously? Because you can call yourself Pantheist (Ian), Christian (Mark), Atheist (yo), or Muslim (the MuslimAgorist) and still be voluntaryist. I think that's a pretty cool thing. Try asking a Republican or even a Liberal if they think others can join their group.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

davann

« Reply #887 on: June 29, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »

What's more annoying than an AFLAC plush duck, which screams AFLAC 3 times for each squeeze, in the hands of a 9 year old?

The chinese hooker that passed gas everytime I squeezed her head.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 29, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »

What's more annoying than an AFLAC plush duck, which screams AFLAC 3 times for each squeeze, in the hands of a 9 year old?

Nothing. Don't let its cuteness and fashionable fitness wear fool you.

I need that duck.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 29, 2010, 09:46:09 PM »

I need that duck.   :lol:
Closest event to you is July31, in Racine.
http://www.irongirl.com/Events/Racine.htm
It's not sold out. Damn. If only I were still going to be in the area at end of July, instead of beginning. Would be a blast to do another in the AFLAC series... could be a training brick for my August event.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 01, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »

I don't "get" wikileaks

what _is_ so important about it?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

blackie

« Reply #891 on: July 01, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »

Hey apple, why is Annoying Orange so funny?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 01, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

I made the mistake of showing those vids to my son..
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 01, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »

I made the mistake of showing those vids to my son..

I made the mistake of walking into the room when my sons were enjoying an Annoying Orange video marathon.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 01, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »

I'm dog-sitting for two dogs-- one young and boisterous but generally obedient, and the other older and painfully shy to the point that she prefers to stay in her crate all day except for bathroom breaks.  I was told that they need to go out and relieve themselves at various points in the day, the last time being around 10 at night.  But though the younger one cheerfully went out and did his business and is in his crate right now, the elder refuses to do so.  She just looks at me.  The last time she went out was a little after 6pm.  I'm not sure what to do.  If I go ahead and crate her up for the night, will there be a mess in the morning?  I can't exactly force  her to go outside and do her thing. 

For reference, the morning backyard excursion is scheduled for 5:30am. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 02, 2010, 12:22:12 AM »

If the older dog is painfully shy, to the point of not settling down to take care of late night outing, did she also skip eating dinner?

If she didn't really eat or drink much, then you're probably fine until morning. Dogs are very much "in with the new, out with the old". My dogs go out every few hours, but they don't really have to. Unless they've recently eaten, or after the 7-8 hour overnight time.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 02, 2010, 12:41:47 AM »

If the older dog is painfully shy, to the point of not settling down to take care of late night outing, did she also skip eating dinner?

If she didn't really eat or drink much, then you're probably fine until morning. Dogs are very much "in with the new, out with the old". My dogs go out every few hours, but they don't really have to. Unless they've recently eaten, or after the 7-8 hour overnight time.

Yes, she's staying my brother's and SIL's laundry room (she belongs to SIL's parents) with a bowl of food and water right next to her crate.  She doesn't seem to eat much, though.  She's in the laundry room because that way it can be shut off while she's eating, or the other one will come in and scarf down all of her food.  

I went back in just a bit ago, though, and this  time she was willing to go out...and, after relieving herself, apparently wanted to spend the rest of the night sniffing every square inch of the yard.  Dear dog, you had all day to do that....

The idea of standing around waiting for another creature to defecate just boggles my mind-- especially if you have to pick up the, err, product and dispose of it afterward.  Guess I'm really not cut out to be a dog-owner or a mom.  ;-)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:47:55 AM by Rillion »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 06, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »

Am I the only one annoyed by when a store gets a product on their website months before in-store?  This is retarded, because Sephora has this makeup palette I want on their website already, but I called the store (It's like 3 doors away from my store at the mall) and the girl said they're not getting it for another 3 months.  Maybe it's just me but I'd rather be able to walk down there and get it instead of waiting for it to come in the mail?  Grrr.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 06, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »

does rob jacobs show up for porcfest?

did he this year?

is he like he is on the boards irl?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

ForumTroll

« Reply #899 on: July 06, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »

does rob jacobs show up for porcfest?

did he this year?

is he like he is on the boards irl?

I think Rob is AWOL.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 28 queries.