Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432682 times)

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2010, 07:42:42 PM »

It's a good question. I'm not sure, but I think they're only allowed the Paralymics. I remember there being a big controversy about an amputee running... something about the prosthetics giving him an advantage over runners on their own feet. Less impact & more push off.

Yeah, Oscar Pistorius. But they ultimately got a final dodge on the question when he came just short of qualifying. Personally, I think the Paralympics are perfectly positioned to become an alternative that allows enhancements banned in the current games. They've traditionally hosted "disabled" athletes overshadowed by "natural" counterparts, but—human ingenuity being what it is—that state of affairs is temporary. I'd love to see what's possible beyond the constraints of biological history, and I'm not alone.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »

Good idea or bad idea: living in a trailer and moving around the country to evade the Feds when they come after me for student loan nonrepayment? (Long story there.)

That sounds like a horrible way to live to me.  I would rather declare bankruptcy and attempt to get the loans discharged than live as a gypsy fugitive.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »

Good idea or bad idea: living in a trailer and moving around the country to evade the Feds when they come after me for student loan nonrepayment? (Long story there.)

It seems to me that you are going to have to keep this van registered so that you can operate it. That means you are going to need a mailing  address, at least. I don't know what lengths the gov't will go to in order to collect a debt or if that's what you really want to get away from, but I think that becoming a gypsy is either way too much of a precaution or way too little.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »

That sounds like a horrible way to live to me.  I would rather declare bankruptcy and attempt to get the loans discharged than live as a gypsy fugitive.

Nope, can't do that with bankruptcy.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Bill Brasky

« Reply #769 on: February 16, 2010, 01:05:41 AM »

Nope, can't do that with bankruptcy.

True, government student loans are excluded. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 16, 2010, 07:36:39 AM »

I've heard it's possible to do it if your situation is bad enough (ie, if it would cause "undue hardship").  If your income puts you at or below poverty, then I think you can make that case.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:38:14 AM by freeAgent »

blackie

« Reply #771 on: February 16, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »

How much do you owe?

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 16, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »

1. around 11k

2. I'm sort of a shutin who gets deep panic attacks whenever I go out beyond a block or so from my house by myself. If I could see a psychiatrist to diagnose me I can see how I'd be able to make some kind of excuse to them about it, but it'd also be nice to have a car to go there, also money to buy a car and put gas in it. So you can see the van thing was sort of a pipe dram.

blackie

« Reply #773 on: February 16, 2010, 02:20:57 PM »

Get a loan to payoff the 11k, then go bankrupt.

Seems a little bit silly to go on the run over 11k.

How nuts do you have to be to get SSI?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:34:55 PM by blackie »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #774 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53:56 PM »

gets deep panic attacks whenever I go out beyond a block or so from my house by myself.

Then I doubt you can handle going off in a van.

I have about 3 grand in student loans to pay off right now, which I cant, so I'm just going to chip away at it forever when I can.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 16, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »

TimeLady. Is there any possibility of you getting over your discomfort with humans? I mean, do you have that interest - or have you accepted that as your life?
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »

Get a loan to payoff the 11k, then go bankrupt.

Seems a little bit silly to go on the run over 11k.

How nuts do you have to be to get SSI?

Around here, pretty god damn nuts. The only people who seem to be able to get it for being crazy are schizophrenics.

While I am crazy, I'm not THAT crazy.

TimeLady. Is there any possibility of you getting over your discomfort with humans? I mean, do you have that interest - or have you accepted that as your life?

I honestly don't know, but I'd obviously have to get over it if I want to get a job. Which I do. But I can't get one until we move to somewhere else from where we are now, fuck fuck fuck. *Is in the living with parents BASE*

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 27, 2010, 12:38:37 AM »

How do you link a word to a url so that the url is hidden but you can click the word and visit the site?

In yahoo mail I highlight the word and click on url then paste the link in a pop up box.

I can't figure out how to do it here. 

Guess I'm a tard.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 27, 2010, 12:53:33 AM »

How do you link a word to a url so that the url is hidden but you can click the word and visit the site?

In yahoo mail I highlight the word and click on url then paste the link in a pop up box.

Guess I'm a tard.

Reply to what I'm saying while quoting it, and you'll see the code. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #779 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:05 AM »

Guess I'm a tard.

Reply to what I'm saying while quoting it, and you'll see the code. 

In before Dan Brown. 
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 32 queries.