Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432453 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #750 on: February 11, 2010, 08:35:01 PM »

It has snowed about 8 inches in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area last night and today, and is still snowing.  They're predicting 10 or so, in total, but predictions have been going up by two inches at a time all day. 

Not being used to snow, we didn't think to lower or remove the umbrella on the backyard table patio....that table being glass. 

At about 10am I heard a loud KeeeeRACK from somewhere, and ran to the window:

Oops.

That's smashed glass underneath.  The umbrella is broken too, I'm pretty sure. 

Guess we need some new patio furniture now!  Not a big loss....the umbrella was pre-used.  Actually, the whole thing was pre-used, and a couple of those chairs are in seriously bad shape.  This is just the final blow, I guess. 

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 11, 2010, 08:53:36 PM »

It snowed in Texas?

The suckery  exists here in upstate NY too.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 11, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »

It snowed in Texas?

The suckery  exists here in upstate NY too.

Yeah, I had a call with someone in the Dallas area today and she was talking about how everyone was so amazed that there was enough snow to make a snowman the size of a person.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 11, 2010, 10:20:41 PM »

Yeah, I had a call with someone in the Dallas area today and she was talking about how everyone was so amazed that there was enough snow to make a snowman the size of a person.

I read that it was the largest amount of snow we've gotten in 25 years.  It snowed on Christmas Eve, and it has snowed/sleeted other years-- in 2001 (I think) my car's door lock froze and the windshield wipers did too.  But in terms of actual inches of snow mass, this is a big one.  They've canceled school tomorrow, so I'm sure there will be snowmen going up everywhere and the park will be a hot spot for sledders.  Woe to the child who stays home sick today/tomorrow. 

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 13, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »

Why are nekos (catboys or catgirls) so adorable? :3

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 13, 2010, 11:10:29 AM »

Cute animal + cute girl = cuteness twice over?

I always figured that was the rationale behind slapping bunny ears and tails on Playboy models. 

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 14, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »

Good idea or bad idea: living in a trailer and moving around the country to evade the Feds when they come after me for student loan nonrepayment? (Long story there.)
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Bill Brasky

« Reply #757 on: February 14, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »

Good idea or bad idea: living in a trailer and moving around the country to evade the Feds when they come after me for student loan nonrepayment? (Long story there.)

Depends if the cost of the trailer and the seasonal lot rentals are more expensive than the loan.  Lot rental will cost about $3,000 per year.  Trailer is however much you pay for it.  Then you need a truck to tow it, and keep it legal.  When you're gypsy, you may not make enough income to support the costs of living. 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:04 PM »

Prostitutes park free at truck stops.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 14, 2010, 10:12:17 PM »

Depends if the cost of the trailer and the seasonal lot rentals are more expensive than the loan.  Lot rental will cost about $3,000 per year.  Trailer is however much you pay for it.  Then you need a truck to tow it, and keep it legal.  When you're gypsy, you may not make enough income to support the costs of living. 

Probably not even going to have a trailer at this point, just a largish van with some stuff to keep me in electricity.

I know some people whose houses or at least driveways I could stay at, but they're all a fuck of a long way away from where I am. I may as well just take the van and squat in a national forest or wilderness land.

Always aiming high, that's me.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #760 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »

Probably not even going to have a trailer at this point, just a largish van with some stuff to keep me in electricity.

I know some people whose houses or at least driveways I could stay at, but they're all a fuck of a long way away from where I am. I may as well just take the van and squat in a national forest or wilderness land.

I still dont understand WHY you would want to do this.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 15, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »

If a Paralympian is as good or better at an Olympic sport than an Olympian, are they allowed to compete in the Olympics or required to participate in the Paralympics only?

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 15, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »

For the same reason Libman wants to live in a trailer. I want to be as far away from what the government can do to me as possible.

If I'm asked to move along in a park or wilderness land, I can just move along. If I have a house, then they can find me. I'm paranoid like that.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #763 on: February 15, 2010, 04:17:18 PM »

For the same reason Libman wants to live in a trailer. I want to be as far away from what the government can do to me as possible.

If I'm asked to move along in a park or wilderness land, I can just move along. If I have a house, then they can find me. I'm paranoid like that.

I think you would be better off renting a place, off the books. I know someone who does that. He shovels snow, does maintenance, etc. for a local business, and so they let him stay in the attached apartment for free. Pretty sweet setup, but you have to know the right person, be in the right place at the right time.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 15, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »

If a Paralympian is as good or better at an Olympic sport than an Olympian, are they allowed to compete in the Olympics or required to participate in the Paralympics only?

It's a good question. I'm not sure, but I think they're only allowed the Paralymics. I remember there being a big controversy about an amputee running... something about the prosthetics giving him an advantage over runners on their own feet. Less impact & more push off.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 32 queries.