Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 433610 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #735 on: February 02, 2010, 11:50:27 PM »

I've never heard of wrapping the egg in plastic wrap, and I'd be slightly worried about it melting, particularly if the plastic hits the side or bottom of the pot for any length of time.  I usually try to keep the water just above simmering heat, add a bit of vinegar, and break the egg very gently into the water.  It works decently when done properly, but it's never perfect.  I'm intrigued by the plastic wrap thing.  Maybe I'll try it :)

The egg in the plastic wrap will float, but you can try twining the plastic wrap around a spatula or something to keep it suspended in the middle of the pot.  I didn't find that necessary, however, and the plastic wrap didn't break open.  Once I did leave it in too long and the yolk solidified, but if you time it right that shouldn't be a problem. 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:59 AM »

Put eggs in cool water and bring to full boil.  Maintain for five minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:27:01 AM by Ecolitan »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:08 AM »

Not a question, but an answer...and a very thorough one: How to poach an egg.  It covers several different methods, but I've done the recommended one a few times and can definitely vouch for it. 

I've tried many of those. The only problem with the plastic wrap was that it looked icky when I put it on the plate. It tasted great, but I was sure the texture was funky because of plastic. It was all in my head, but still ruined it for me.

I do the egg cup drop thing, but use a ladle. The ladle goes in the water & I wait less than a minute for the egg to start to set around the outside, then let the egg slide into the water and drop the next one. When they're ready, I scoop out with a slotted spoon.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #738 on: February 03, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »

I asked the maid how she does it, she said "Twan toshade, kom fup twok nom nom hashakazumi, kipkip wan urrrrshwa kuzuku, Brasky-san." 

Whatever that means. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 04, 2010, 12:19:26 PM »

I asked the maid how she does it, she said "Twan toshade, kom fup twok nom nom hashakazumi, kipkip wan urrrrshwa kuzuku, Brasky-san." 

Whatever that means. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

davann

« Reply #740 on: February 05, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »

If a home goes back to the bank, does the bank have to pay the property taxes still?

I'm trying to understand why so many local govs are talking about budget shortfalls.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 05, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »

If a home goes back to the bank, does the bank have to pay the property taxes still?

I'm trying to understand why so many local govs are talking about budget shortfalls.

Businesses are posting lower revenues. Sales taxes are dropping. The federal government is handing out "stimulus" for some things, but cutting back on other payments to state & local agencies, and with higher unemployment rates, people are using those state & local government services.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 05, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

Yes the bank pays the property taxes.  Most times they have already collected the money from the borrower and placed it in an escrow account.  In addition most of the banks have an emergency surplus fund they borrower paid as well.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #743 on: February 05, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »

Its a little complicated, but basically the banks are being given a break on the property tax, yes, they have to pay it if they take the house back but the local govts are allowing to pay a small percentage of whats owed through monthly payments that are less than the averaged monthly tax on that property. The reason the local govs are doing this is because they dont want the banks to just put all those homes out on the market at once, thus driving property values down even more and screwing the local govt in the process....... it wont work in the end though.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 06, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »

Read an article in the NY Daily News about these. Would you wear Pajama Jeans?
http://www.pajamajeans.com/Default.aspx?bhcp=1

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 06, 2010, 05:02:16 PM »

http://www.pajamajeans.com/Default.aspx?bhcp=1

I wouldn't (though it looks like my gender is not the target audience).  If I want to look like I'm wearing jeans, I'll wear jeans.  I'm sure that these would look "off" since the fabric is too light, stretchy, and uniform to look like real jeans.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #746 on: February 07, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »

They look alright, man. 

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 11, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »

Why do some guys flush the urinal before they start to pee? Is it to deflect back-spatter? Does hearing water run help them to go? Do they just prefer the fresh water?

Also, I always hear that thing about running water making people want to pee. What the hell is that all about?
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Bill Brasky

« Reply #748 on: February 11, 2010, 02:29:41 AM »

Why do some guys flush the urinal before they start to pee? Is it to deflect back-spatter? Does hearing water run help them to go? Do they just prefer the fresh water?

Also, I always hear that thing about running water making people want to pee. What the hell is that all about?

Sometimes I do that if the pisser is stinky. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 11, 2010, 07:52:45 AM »

Sometimes I do that if the pisser is stinky. 

I also frequently flush it if the person before me hasn't done it.  That's the only reason I do it, though.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.