Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432580 times)

Ecolitan

• View Profile

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #631 on: January 12, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

I've made bunnies, penguins, angels, bears and even coral snakes, but there's a super cute book of monsters my kidlets want me to start making. There's only so much of zombies, ninjas and medeusas they "need", so... just wondering... would you guys ever buy things like these?

I'm putting together my first batch of stuff for Etsy, most of which wouldn't interest anyone here at all - aforementioned animals, aprons, clothing for American Girl dolls, things made from felted wool sweaters & "upcycled" clothing - yeah, I'm green like that  :roll:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #632 on: January 12, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

Advertise 'em as talismans to ward off the sickeningly evil-sweet soccer moms, for cool moms only to hang from the rear-view mirror of their Ram Quad Cab or similarly non-wimpy kid-hauler.    "I retain the right to refuse sale to soccer moms with e-mail names that make me want to barf"  $5 each, 3 for $10

You'll sell 'em by the bushel basket.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 12, 2010, 07:38:38 PM »

Advertise 'em as talismans to ward off the sickeningly evil-sweet soccer moms, for cool moms only to hang from the rear-view mirror of their Ram Quad Cab or similarly non-wimpy kid-hauler.    "I retain the right to refuse sale to soccer moms with e-mail names that make me want to barf"  $5 each, 3 for $10

You'll sell 'em by the bushel basket.

I agree, except the price point is too low.  Make them $7 each and three for $18.  I'm not even a mom and I'd buy one. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #634 on: January 12, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »

I'm just the marketing guy.  If Rill would click 'Buy' with Paypal for that price, might be on to something.  Its an impulse item.  Tag it with "rear view mirror" "car accessory" "bauble". 

Hit 'em with a buck-fortynine shipping, too.  You might have to eat about fifty cents shipping, but so what.  You want to get them to kick in something, but not too much or it'll deter a buyer of a cheapo trinket. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #635 on: January 12, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »

Make a cthulhu and I'll give it to my ferrets.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 13, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »

Ok FTL, I am putting myself on the chopping block here.

How would you rate my intelligence level?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 13, 2010, 12:32:06 AM »

132, slightly above average for the neighborhood.

You could be a really smart guy if you lost all the superstitious false information clogging up your thinking patterns.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:38:39 AM by Ecolitan »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #638 on: January 13, 2010, 02:58:59 AM »

About a starfish.
 :lol:
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 13, 2010, 09:27:48 AM »

I think 131 is the cutoff to get into Mensa.  You consider that "slightly above average"?

blackie

« Reply #640 on: January 13, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »

I think 131 is the cutoff to get into Mensa.  You consider that "slightly above average"?
"for the neighborhood". Most libertarians are geniuses.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 13, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »

"for the neighborhood". Most libertarians are geniuses.

:lol:

HAHAhahahaha......good one.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 13, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »

145 or higher   Genius
130 - 144   Gifted
125 - 129   Superior
115 - 124   High Average

Most liberty oriented types fall into high average or better I expect.  Average people believe what the government tells them.  We're not even average libertarians here.  There are some really smart folk here and as a community we tend to strongly discourage people dumber than us.  I wouldn't be the least surprised if around here we averaged in the 120s, 125 actually was my thought when posting.

MENSA is not impressive.  Most people I respect enough to think they have something to teach me could join if they were pompous assholes with something to prove.  None have.

<120=noticeably slower than me through casual observation.  What'dya think Rillion?  Have I made a mistake assuming you and most here aren't slower than me in a blatantly obvious way?  

Statistically I know In RL I don't run into anyone smarter than me in an average week.  I expect to be the smartest person in the room wherever I go.  Here I don't expect to be the smartest person in the thread.

My apologies if I over estimated you but since you decided to mock me while I'm having my coffee I'll tell you straight that while emotionally you seem healthier than some here so your brain functions relatively clearly I don't think it does so at great capacity.  You're a 120.  It's probably served you much better than being 132 with a background of jewish extremism.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:13:29 PM by Ecolitan »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 13, 2010, 01:02:14 PM »

Most liberty oriented types fall into high average or better I expect.  Average people believe what the government tells them.

From what I can tell, intelligence doesn't actually seem to have much to do with how people feel about government.   A lot of libertarians are just contrarians who don't want anyone telling them what to do, and that is the entirety of their political philosophy.   Not that that's a bad position to take, but it sure doesn't require genius-level IQ.   And a lot of very intelligent people believe that government is the best way to improve the world.  Having a misguided belief doesn't make you stupid-- not by any stretch of the imagination.  

<120=noticeably slower than me through casual observation.  What'dya think Rillion?  Have I made a mistake assuming you and most here aren't slower than me in a blatantly obvious way?  

I think that the average IQ level of people who post here is probably not radically different from that of a typical college student.  Higher than the average for general society, but by no means "genius."

My apologies if I over estimated you but since you decided to mock me while I'm having my coffee I'll tell you straight that while emotionally you seem healthier than some here so your brain functions relatively clearly I don't think it does so at great capacity.  You're a 120.  It's probably served you much better than being 132 with a background of jewish extremism.

I have found that, without exception, people who throw their IQ around tend to be assholes who are most likely liars as well.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:08:10 PM by Rillion »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 13, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »

You attacked my statement.  I don't know how to defend it w/o explaining how I came to it.  I still avoided putting a number on myself though I couldn't properly describe how I came to my conclusions w/o betraying my perspective.  AND.;...  DID you just call me a liar?  FUCK YOU BITCH.  I'm engaging in open and honest discourse and you can go STRAIGHT TO FUCKING HELL.

why do you keep saying "genius"?  You used that word, not me.  I said I think Diogenes is slightly into the gifted range and put the average around here at 'superior'.  Why are you making shit up?  There's a clear record that I never used that word nor meant it but you still want to pretend otherwise and I don't see how that can be anything but intentionally dishonest.  YES,  I AM calling you a liar.  I'm not insinuating or suggesting.  I'm saying very specifically what you said and how it is an obvious attempt to deceive the reader into attributing to me a view I very clearly have never espoused. 

About he average IQ of liberty people.  I'm pretty sure there's scientific numbers to dispute that and they've been posted around here before but it doesn't matter to me.  I know my observations.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:00:46 PM by Ecolitan »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.