Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432461 times)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #615 on: December 09, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »

He's studying for finals.  He says he's conquering Mexico.   :lol:

:lol:

He would not be the first.

By conquering Mexico he means blabbering bullshit and eating an apple, I think.  He's a freak, don't ask.   :P

He wants to know how your wife is doing with the bun in the oven and all.  And to name the baby Ruslan after him.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell him to get in line. :lol: Everyone wants the baby named after them.  :roll:

My wife is doing really well. Handling the pregnancy like a champ. We are having a girl, we are thinking of name her Adele Hanna, but we are not 100% yet.
Pocho

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 09, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »

The best gift you can ever give your man is a reason to stick around.

A threesome is a pretty close second.

Mine doesn't want one.   :shock:

interesting factoid:  most womenz can...if they are so inclined...out-perform menz...in luvin the womenz...

That's because we know what having a vag is like, and what makes it feel good.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 09, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »

He's studying for finals.  He says he's conquering Mexico.   :lol:

He would not be the first.

By conquering Mexico he means blabbering bullshit and eating an apple, I think.  He's a freak, don't ask.   :P

He wants to know how your wife is doing with the bun in the oven and all.  And to name the baby Ruslan after him.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell him to get in line. :lol: Everyone wants the baby named after them.  :roll:

My wife is doing really well. Handling the pregnancy like a champ. We are having a girl, we are thinking of name her Adele Hanna, but we are not 100% yet.

Haha, not me.  I wouldn't wish the name Lindsey on anyone!  I think that's a pretty name.  Unusual.  Is it a family member's name or did you just like it?   :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 09, 2009, 10:13:36 PM »

Doesn't want MMF or MFF?

Theres a big difference.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 10, 2009, 12:05:52 AM »

Doesn't want MMF or MFF?

Theres a big difference.

He doesn't want either.   :P
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #620 on: December 10, 2009, 12:29:54 AM »

Doesn't want MMF or MFF?

Theres a big difference.

He may not be aware that Richard is near. 

Would he not love to practice the Magikal Tantric arts, now, with the living embodiment of Hermes himself!  Who is free of Herpes, and knows Secrets!

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 10, 2009, 12:39:31 AM »

Doesn't want MMF or MFF?

Theres a big difference.

He may not be aware that Richard is near. 

Would he not love to practice the Magikal Tantric arts, now, with the living embodiment of Hermes himself!  Who is free of Herpes, and knows Secrets!
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 06, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »

You know what's frustrating?  Saying something very complicated to one group of people, and they say "Hey, good point!  We hadn't thought of that; that's very useful."

And then saying something very basic to another group of people, and they're like "What?  You think cows are secretly Nazis who dance in the moonlight and eat clowns for breakfast?"

*bang, bash, boom*

(Not really a question.  Just an expression of frustration.)

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 06, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »

I've always had good luck with 'em if you get 18v and don't buy junk like B+D.  My last Craftsman lasted me ten years, and the new one (also Craftsman) is sick for the money.  I avoid brand names that are supposed to be good in the middle of their product-line, like affordable priced DeWalt and Makita.  Those make good contractor grade, but their weekend warrior stuff is meh.  

Also, don't leave the batts on charge, it fucks 'em up.  

Had a B+D years ago, that couldn't handle anything at all. Total waste of money, as far as I'm concerned. (Plus all the time and frustration over the two years before going out to buy something with actual power.) Will not purchase anything less than 18v again. I think ours is going on 7 years or so now. Ryobi, 18v. Quite happy with it, and with the other 18v products we bought from them. Having only one charger for the 2 batteries which swap between 4 things is convenient. Need to pick up a couple of new batteries, as the two we have aren't holding a charge so well these days.

I'm probably late on this drill thing, didn't read the rest of the thread but....

A quality 14v has more battery life both per charge and lifespan, power, torque and is lighter weight and ergonomically more comfortable and easy to use.  Heavier drills cause more fatigue, wear on joints (which can lead to increased risk of tendonitis and other aches and pains) and consequently less productivity.

Craftsman sucks, Black and decker sucks.  My Dewalt and Ridgid and Bosch 14 volts were/are (the Dewalt and Ridgid were stolen, never broken) plenty strong to handle 99% of what I do and for the rest there is power cords.  I have an 18volt cordless but it's typically used by my helper or when I need a light weight hammer drill ( by lightweight hammer drill I mean I use it to set tapcons 3-6 inches into concrete),cuz it does that.)  NO ONE on this BBS has ever come close to putting power tools what I put them through and no one here needs a good 18V drill, if you require 18 volts you bought a piece of crap and by upgrading you're only going to get a bulkier and more awkward piece of crap.  Dewalt makes a 9.6V screwdriver that does light weight drilling just fine and is a far better choice for 90% of homeowners than a crappy cordless drill.

I have two main drills:
-14V Bosch
-Corded Bosch Hammer Drill (Don't take this to infer a preference for Bosch over Dewalt, Milwaukee, Ridgid, Makita.  Just happened that way.  My current 18V set is Ridgid and I hate the sawzall)

Homeowners should probably take a step down on each.
-9.6V screwdriver or 12V drill from a Quality manufacturer (My uncle has used his 12V dewalt to hang drywall for several years, I'm jealous, it's much lighter than my 14v)
-Corded drill.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:19:17 PM by Ecolitan »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 06, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »

Ecolitan- are there any Harbor Freight tool shops in your area? If so, what's your take on their stuff.. junk or OK ?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 06, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »

My Dad once picked up three of those commercial electric or general appliance or whatever they call those things.  With the angle grinder I ground on a concrete pipe for hours and it kept breaking and I'd have to cut it farther back, then I gave up and let him try til I saw the thing come flying out the hole and he left and came back with a dewalt that did the job in 4 minutes and we were all glad cuz we could flush the toilet.  The sawzall broke on it's first use cutting a fence post and the drill went to smoking on it's first use when I tried to mix mud (All Purpose Joint Compound) but if it hadn't ended up in the trash it might still be spinning weakly today.  I have occasionally heard good things about them from residential handymen types but never commercial professionals.  

When a tool breaking means time, fuel, wages, reputatiuon, etc. I buy top end tools, I've never had one fail.

Black and Decker and those commercial appliance things are the worst, Craftsmen are awful to use when you're used to better but homeowners seem to be happy with them, the battery life sucks.  If top tier just isn't in the budget, Ryobi is probably your best choice.  It's what's used by the minority of pros that don't use professional grade.  I judge them.  I haven't tried the Hitachi line yet, they sure look cool.

I have a friend who bought a couple of weed eater brand weed eaters for his landscaping business just to see.  It lasted almost 8 hours.  So, he did the math.

A homeowner mows their lawn 8 months a year twice a week 16 times for 15 minutes each time.... Two years = 8 hours of rarely if ever working hard.  So maybe it makes it 4 years, 16 total hours running time and the homeowner thinks that was a good weed eater, got 4 years out of it.  Meanwhile the echo is running 8 hours a day 6 days a week for 5 years.  It's not slightly better, it did not last 25% longer.  The performance is incomparable.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:54:29 PM by Ecolitan »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #626 on: January 06, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »

Craftsman is my choice because of the cost versus quality, not quality alone. 

A comparatively priced "better name" usually isn't better in the low-end price products.  Meaning, you probably couldn't get a better cordless than Craftsman for the $70 they charge for 'em.  If you use it once a month to put together a swingset, or fasten a porch rail, it'll last you a long time. 

I have a 20 year old Craftsman circular saw, its rusty on the metal parts, cuts crooked, the blade wobbles, and will probably catch fire.  It was like $39 in 1990.  I've left it in the rain, under tarps, in the mud, and thrown it off decks.  If you have a $39 DeWalt that will handle that, I'll buy it right now. 

Homeowners who pay $270 for a Bosch to do that stuff are snoots.  If I was running them 50 hours a week, I'd buy the better names.  They're probably more comfortable ergonomically, the little adjustments probably more accurate after much abuse, and the motors provide better torque after long periods of service where cheaper stuff gets tired. 

I'd do the same with hand tools.  If I wanted a set of wrenches and sockets, I'd go with Craftsman.  If I owned a car shop, I'd have Snap-On or whoever makes good shit. 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 06, 2010, 08:38:59 PM »

Craftsman is my choice because of the cost versus quality, not quality alone.  

A comparatively priced "better name" usually isn't better in the low-end price products.  Meaning, you probably couldn't get a better cordless than Craftsman for the $70 they charge for 'em.  If you use it once a month to put together a swingset, or fasten a porch rail, it'll last you a long time.  

I have a 20 year old Craftsman circular saw, its rusty on the metal parts, cuts crooked, the blade wobbles, and will probably catch fire.  It was like $39 in 1990.  I've left it in the rain, under tarps, in the mud, and thrown it off decks.  If you have a $39 DeWalt that will handle that, I'll buy it right now.  

Homeowners who pay $270 for a Bosch to do that stuff are snoots.  If I was running them 50 hours a week, I'd buy the better names.  They're probably more comfortable ergonomically, the little adjustments probably more accurate after much abuse, and the motors provide better torque after long periods of service where cheaper stuff gets tired.  

I'd do the same with hand tools.  If I wanted a set of wrenches and sockets, I'd go with Craftsman.  If I owned a car shop, I'd have Snap-On or whoever makes good shit.  

20 year old craftsman circular saws are good, most old craftsman corded tools are strong.  I don't have 270 dollar Bosch but I got mine for 149.95 and it came with the coolest radio ever and a flashlight and a carry bag.  Everyone comments on my radio, it is cool.  Ryobi is a better cordless than craftsman for 70 dollars.  My dad has a newish craftsman set, Ryobi is superior in every way.  I got a 18V dewalt circular saw used for less than 39 bucks.  

I am sometimes willing to accept a bargain brand is ok for some people but not an 18V ever.  If you need an 18V you need something that doesn't suck and a high end 12V is just as strong or stronger and you won't be buying batteries every year.  I've only bought new batteries once and that was just cuz I wanted more of them.

My dad has this one and it's crap.  I was mistaken that his set is 19.2V  

$78.99

An extra 10 bucks gets you this

Pictures are worthless but you don't even have to squeeze the trigger to know which is better, just hold it in your hand, if you want to squeeze the trigger well... be prepared to never buy another craftsman power tool again.  

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:41:12 PM by Ecolitan »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #628 on: January 07, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »

Thats fancy.  They don't even sell ones that look like mine.  Mines got a square chunky batt, like a squared off baseball. 

I couldn't believe how long the old one held a charge, I could drive deck screws a long while with it, at least a few hours of constant work.  If anything slowed me down, it was the fuckin bits shattering.  Never built anything good with the new one.  The old one was the one I did all my damage with. 

I used a DeWalt the other day, doing some fuckaround on a girls car I know.  It fit the hand nice and had a smooth trigger, no complaints.  I donno what he paid for it, but it was probably a lot. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 09, 2010, 09:56:56 PM »

I spent three or four hours  cleaning my desk today, and 90% of the junk cleared away belonged to the other four people in the house... or the dogs.

Does anyone know of a small electrified barbed wire enclosure I can install to keep away the cluttering rabble?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.