Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432452 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #570 on: December 04, 2009, 11:12:53 PM »

What restaurant made the best (restaurant) burger you've ever had?

Five Guys.  It's a small chain in DC, though there are now two (that I know of) in Chicago and there may be others elsewhere.

There are tons of them around.  A girl that worked for me a few years back ended up leaving the company to work for them in Florida.  
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 05, 2009, 11:07:39 AM »

Five Guys.  It's a small chain in DC, though there are now two (that I know of) in Chicago and there may be others elsewhere.

There are tons of them around.  A girl that worked for me a few years back ended up leaving the company to work for them in Florida. 

Interesting.  Wikipedia says they started franchising them, so I guess that explains it.  I have never been to any of the non-original ones, so I don't know how different they are.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 05, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »

There are tons of them around.  A girl that worked for me a few years back ended up leaving the company to work for them in Florida. 

Interesting.  Wikipedia says they started franchising them, so I guess that explains it.  I have never been to any of the non-original ones, so I don't know how different they are.

I'm not sure, I didn't investigate it too much, but I've also never eaten there. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #573 on: December 06, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »

Oh of course, vastly different at each one.  Everyone knows when you buy a franchise, you just buy the name and start serving whatever the fuck you want.  The one here is built like a native american sweat lodge, and all they sell is ham salad on a cracker.  I don't think its gonna last. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 06, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »

Oh of course, vastly different at each one.  Everyone knows when you buy a franchise, you just buy the name and start serving whatever the fuck you want.  The one here is built like a native american sweat lodge, and all they sell is ham salad on a cracker.  I don't think its gonna last. 

Well, the three that I have been to in the NoVA area are fairly different as far as the atmosphere is concerned.  The food is mostly the same, though one of them doesn't offer the unlimited in-shell peanuts that you can eat/throw all over the floor.  One also has a really cool message board (a combo of a real-life version of Craigslist and comment cards/whatever), and a scary bathroom.  The food was pretty much the same at all three of them, though.  As you said, atmosphere matters.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #575 on: December 06, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »

Innovative. 

I was at a restaurant/bar once where the barmaid blew me in the bathroom.   And they had ice in the urinals!  Couldn't throw your peanut shells around, though.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 06, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »

And they had ice in the urinals!

What's the point of that, now?  Is body temperature piss verboten?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #577 on: December 06, 2009, 08:25:04 PM »

When they fill one of those big buckets, then come out front and fill the ice wells under the chrome lids, they just dump the rest in the pissers.  If you throw a half-bucket of wet ice back in the icemaker, it'll freeze in a big chunk. 

But it looks fancy, and guys are endlessly amused with penis games.  Melting cubes and whatnot.  We're apes, you know this.  Its a natural fit.  I don't know a single guy who wouldn't be privately delighted to find the xanadu of ice in the pisser. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 07, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »

What's a good Christmas gift for an anarcho-capitalist male?

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #579 on: December 07, 2009, 04:32:18 PM »

A stateless society.  Or possibly a urinal.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 07, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »

What's a good Christmas gift for an anarcho-capitalist male?

Great question.  I'm having a hard time finding something for teh Jizzy. 
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #581 on: December 07, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »

If he's into guns and you have a few normal ones like most people do, shotgun, deer rifle, and a pistol or two.. 

Get him a tactical urban weapon, like a mini-14 with the plastic stocks and all that.  The regs would probably know better prices $600 is about right, I believe.  I'm not a gun nut, but if my chick got me that, hooboy.  I'd be blown away.  That may be more than you might want to part with, but its not really insane.  Its just kinda, not cheap.  First year in the new house if I recall, its been a big year.  Something like that may be in order, if you'll excuse my sayin' so.  Besides, its just completely badass, and flies in the face of religious holiday conformity. 

This one is brand new, ships from a dealer with good feedback.  You'd have to get it shipped to a licensed firearm guy on your end, show ID and fill out a paper.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/978293734/Guns/Rifles/Ruger-Rifles/Mini-14-Type/GB_RUGER_MINI_14_GB.htm

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »

If he's into guns and you have a few normal ones like most people do, shotgun, deer rifle, and a pistol or two.. 

Get him a tactical urban weapon, like a mini-14 with the plastic stocks and all that.  The regs would probably know better prices $600 is about right, I believe.  I'm not a gun nut, but if my chick got me that, hooboy.  I'd be blown away.  That may be more than you might want to part with, but its not really insane.  Its just kinda, not cheap.  First year in the new house if I recall, its been a big year.  Something like that may be in order, if you'll excuse my sayin' so.  Besides, its just completely badass, and flies in the face of religious holiday conformity. 

This one is brand new, ships from a dealer with good feedback.  You'd have to get it shipped to a licensed firearm guy on your end, show ID and fill out a paper.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/978293734/Guns/Rifles/Ruger-Rifles/Mini-14-Type/GB_RUGER_MINI_14_GB.htm

That's a good suggestion, but I should've mentioned that I do not have much money right now.  I was thinking of something under $100 or so.  He's definitely into guns though, so I'll have to file that away for his birthday next year. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #583 on: December 07, 2009, 08:48:40 PM »

Understood. 

I'll be honest, I draw a blank when I think for myself.  I don't really want anything in the normal realm of "stuff".  However, we don't look at tools like chicks do.  We actually like them.  Get a chick a vacuum and you're a fuckinasshole, get a guy a cordless Makita drill, genuine happy.  But these are the things we each need to do our self-appointed home tasks. 

Hows he in the rechargeable drill department?  Someone got me one two years ago, and it had a layout of about fifty bits included, all sorts of wizardry tips.  Great gift.   

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 07, 2009, 09:06:23 PM »

Understood. 

I'll be honest, I draw a blank when I think for myself.  I don't really want anything in the normal realm of "stuff".  However, we don't look at tools like chicks do.  We actually like them.  Get a chick a vacuum and you're a fuckinasshole, get a guy a cordless Makita drill, genuine happy.  But these are the things we each need to do our self-appointed home tasks. 

Hows he in the rechargeable drill department?  Someone got me one two years ago, and it had a layout of about fifty bits included, all sorts of wizardry tips.  Great gift.   

Haha, I want a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.