Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432471 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #555 on: November 17, 2009, 07:06:53 PM »

A man has to know when its appropriate to carry more shit, or he will devolve into a poofball.  

I carry my wad of money in a clip, no wallet.  Cell phone.  Smokes and lighter.  Keys with my little micro-flashlight (Michigan trip).  Shades.  Cyanide capsule.  

I will procure other necessities as the situation demands.  If the need arises to carry more shit, I may carry a metal briefcase just because it looks totally awesome and manly. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 17, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »

A leatherman is a nice knife that has multiple tools on it.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #557 on: November 17, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »

Pen in one side pocket, phone in other, wallet in back, keys in jacket.  If I cant carry in my hands whats left then it goes in a backpack or briefcase.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 17, 2009, 10:01:31 PM »

Sometimes I wear a jacket just so I have extra pockets and don't have to stuff everything into my pants pockets and create bulges/uncomfortableness.  I always carry my wallet, keys, and cell phone.  The keys are annoying, but that's doable with pockets alone.  However, if I add my MP3 player, and work ID/access cards, pockets don't do the trick.  Sunglasses are also annoying when you only have pockets to use.  The only thing to do is to put them up on your head when not in use.  I refuse to clip them to my shirt.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:03:47 PM by freeAgent »

blackie

« Reply #559 on: November 17, 2009, 10:29:17 PM »

I carry a Gerber Multi-Plier 600 Demolition Explosive Technician Tool on my riggers belt, cus you never know when you will need blasting cap crimpers, or a C-4 punch. There is also a handcuff key and several small rare earth magnets on the belt. Inside the waistband holster would be on the belt if I was going to carry.

I carry my cash in a knife money clip in the back left pocket. I also keep receipts and notes in that pocket, and sometimes a safety pin or paper clip. Keys go in the other back pocket if I go from the car into a store or some shit like that. I only use sunglasses in the car, so they stay there.

Front right pocket has a 4" blade folding knife clipped to it. Front left has my wallet(it's pretty small, has my DL, credit/bank cards and a spare car key), a couple USB keys, any coins I have, a pen, and maybe a sharpie.

I usually have a couple dog-shit bags in the left leg cargo pocket if I have cargo pants on.

I carry a laptop in a backpack when I go to "work". Lots of shit in the backpack. Work badge, passport, analog notebook, pens, USB to serial DB-9 thingy, ethernet cable, some other computer shit, trail mix. I think it still has a t-shirt and some marketing material in it(free backpack from a "trade show").There used to be a small video camera, but I let my kids use it, and they broke it. I haven't had to wear a jacket in TX, so whatever was in my jacket is now in the backpack.

davann

« Reply #560 on: November 18, 2009, 02:05:02 AM »

Sunglasses are also annoying when you only have pockets to use.  The only thing to do is to put them up on your head when not in use.  I refuse to clip them to my shirt.

Oh crap, is clipping sunglasses to a shirt a dork move?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #561 on: November 18, 2009, 03:55:19 AM »

It's a mystery to me why men haven't always carried purses.  

Real men can fit everything they need in life into 3 pockets.

Bosh.  

Contents of my purse: pens (3), small notepad, passport (sometimes), wallet, small bottle of hand sanitizer, packet of tissues, mirror, iPod classic, Advil, Immodium, keys, 40mg propranolol (anti-anxiety medication), voter registration card, compact umbrella, tampons (3), packet of fruit snacks, dental floss, Leatherman micra, hair ties, chapstick, magnesium fire-starter, toothbrush, USB drive, coins of various currencies (hmm, should clean the purse out), pretty marble, sturdy plastic bag.  On occasion, a small paperback.

Now you try and tell me that any of that is anything other than absolutely necessary!

Bah! All you really need is your towel.

No pockets needed for a towel. Thats what shoulders are for. It is truly the essential item.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 18, 2009, 05:06:15 AM »

Bah! All you really need is your towel.

No pockets needed for a towel. Thats what shoulders are for. It is truly the essential item.

Quite right. I don't know what I would do without my shoulders.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 29, 2009, 01:50:48 AM »

What restaurant made the best (restaurant) burger you've ever had?

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 29, 2009, 02:02:28 AM »

That's tough because there are so many variations on a good burger. I really like the Whiskey River BBQ burger at Red Robin. I am also very fond of the burgers at Ruby's here in SoCal - my favorite there is the "Bleus Burger".
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #565 on: November 29, 2009, 04:24:52 AM »

The restaurant I work at  : D

Stinky burger recipe:

Burger meat, salt and pepper'd, grilled to perfection, lathered with minced garlic, then topped with melted blue cheese, warm onion rings, lettuce tomato onion, and a toasted bun.

Cowboy burger recipe:

Burger meat, salt and pepper'd, grilled to perfection, one layer of crispy hot bacon, a hidden layer of barbecue sauce, melted cheddar cheese to hold in and conceal the bbq, then LTO and a bun.

YUM

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 29, 2009, 10:55:23 PM »

Is the fact that I can win a game of Jeopardy! at home bad?

I think knowing stuff is fun but to the point where I can beat the contestants on TV might be too far. Your thoughts.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 30, 2009, 10:21:59 AM »

Is the fact that I can win a game of Jeopardy! at home bad?

I think knowing stuff is fun but to the point where I can beat the contestants on TV might be too far. Your thoughts.

I think you should go on Jeopardy. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 04, 2009, 09:54:28 PM »

Five Guys.  It's a small chain in DC, though there are now two (that I know of) in Chicago and there may be others elsewhere.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #569 on: December 04, 2009, 11:11:44 PM »

Five Guys.  It's a small chain in DC, though there are now two (that I know of) in Chicago and there may be others elsewhere.

Theres one a few miles down the road.  Everybody raved.  I'm not really interested. 

The best burgers I've had usually came from places I liked to go.  One was a corner bar I used to haunt, I'd dream of those burgers.  Nothing special in the wide-world of burgers, as far as burgers go, but they were my burgers.  They came in a little plastic basket, with a nice pile of fries.  You'd probably hate them.  I got mine for free, sometimes.  Tom probably wouldn't sell you one for double, bust ya over the head with a Mag-Lite, throw ya out for askin'. 
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.