Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432673 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 26, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »

Question: My new business is nearly complete.                Should I reveal the name of the business/its web site to ya'all?
Benefit: Receiving constructive criticism, support, marketing, sales.
Cons:    My online username (anarchir) and all it is connected to will get attached to my business and thus my RL full actual name and information.

If I were answering this question towards someone else I would say "yes." I think that's due to my own curiosity though.

Maybe you could ask that anyone interested let you know, then you can PM it to them?

I'd go with this approach.  I definitely wouldn't want to put out my employer's name on public sections of this BBS.

Also, I am sole the proprietor, the only employee.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 27, 2009, 09:03:23 AM »

Question: My new business is nearly complete.                Should I reveal the name of the business/its web site to ya'all?
Benefit: Receiving constructive criticism, support, marketing, sales.
Cons:    My online username (anarchir) and all it is connected to will get attached to my business and thus my RL full actual name and information.

If I were answering this question towards someone else I would say "yes." I think that's due to my own curiosity though.

Maybe you could ask that anyone interested let you know, then you can PM it to them?

I'd go with this approach.  I definitely wouldn't want to put out my employer's name on public sections of this BBS.

Also, I am sole the proprietor, the only employee.

Yeah, if you're comfortable with the sort of attention that having your business show up on this website might bring, then go ahead.  Given the nature of this forum, I wouldn't want random people associating my business with it--especially without a lot more context than a Google search.

Riddler

« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »

Should I reveal the name of the business/its web site to ya'all?

Cons:    You'll have asshats like the gay wrassler, dick 3, libman, & other such cunts attached to you.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »

Ok, you've convinced me, I wont.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

digitalfour

« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2009, 05:02:40 PM »

What is the business about?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2009, 03:44:30 AM »

Selling hidden cameras, surveillance systems, diversion safes, pepper spray, child protection gear, some small self-defense weapons, etc.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 07, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »

My dog is mopey. Has been for last three weeks, since we got back from vacation, when he had two weeks staying with a friend & his two dogs. We're doing normal walks and playing in the yard, but I think he's missing doggie companionship. I know that getting a 10 yr old dog a younger companion can help keep him active an healthier for a longer life, plus gives me a running buddy when Petey's arthritis gets the better of him but...
Starting with a youngster is a big commitment for time and money.
Kids say they'll take care of and train, but we all know how that works.
I don't want a baby! 2 month old dogs are a ton of work, and you can't tell much about personality yet.

There's the info., now for the question:

Should we get a young, but not infant dog, like maybe the one in the photo below?

This is Annie, who is a 5-6 month old terrier mix. Her temperment is good. Playful, but not rough. Only barked once or twice during 15 minutes with kids, and that was while chasing up & down hall. She seems to get along well with Petey dog, and he was pretty good about having his ears tugged and leash wrestled. (Tail kept wagging and he didn't try to walk away from her like he does with itty bitty puppies.) She's spayed and microchipped already and up on shots, so just normal checkup would be required when we take Petey to the vet later this month.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #457 on: July 07, 2009, 05:31:38 PM »

Dogs need friends too. 

JWI

« Reply #458 on: July 07, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »

My first dog was being mopey a couple years ago so I adopted a brother for him.  Now they're as happy as can be.  Dogs are pack animals so if most of the pack is gone all day (work, school, etc) I think they get bored.  Just having another dog around seems to perk them up.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 09, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »

Dogs need friends too. 

My first dog was being mopey a couple years ago so I adopted a brother for him.  Now they're as happy as can be.  Dogs are pack animals so if most of the pack is gone all day (work, school, etc) I think they get bored.  Just having another dog around seems to perk them up.

Well, my dog has a dog of his own now. Not the dog we went in to adopt from the earlier photo. That small to medium female beagle/terrier mix, already six months old, with a semblance of bladder control. No... children (thanks to dad) and dog clicked with a lovely two month old who is already considerably larger than my choice of mutt. Meet Clifford:

Collie/Shepherd, sweet and fluffy. Don't let my grumble mislead you, I like him just fine. I'm just cranky from lack of sleep after a 12 midnight and 6:00 am walk. 'Sides, just like Petey, it appears he's picked me as his person.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #460 on: July 10, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »

...it appears he's picked me as his person.

I don't blame him.

Good luck with him, even through the regretful moments when he chews the wires.  You did a good thing. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 02, 2009, 02:12:39 AM »

Is molecular gastronomy bullshit?  Is it just cooking with a fancy name or fancier equipment?  Or is it something fundamentally different from cooking-- and if so, why?

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

I've got to say, it is really creepy knowing people from high school, etc. who are now having children.

Sister had a baby on Thursday.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 02, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »

if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it....can you still make furniture out of it?
Do yourself a favor.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #464 on: August 02, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »

if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it....can you still make furniture out of it?

Some of the finest wood for making furniture is dredged from swamps, ancient logs of enormous size buried in the mud, and exhumed.  I guess they cure somehow in the muck.  Nobody was around to hear them fall thousands of years ago. 

If it was here in the States, they'd probably call a halt to it, examine the site for arrowheads and declare the wetlands off-limits to submerged log harvesting.  But its in South America, where they welcome large earth-moving machinery into the wilderness with unparalleled joy. 

So yes.  Absolutely.  And it is furniture of the highest order, fit for kings. 
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.