Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432474 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #315 on: March 19, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »

That dog looks like Chico from Next Friday. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Negroe, he DOES. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2009, 09:29:01 PM »

A family from two houses down the street actually came by this evening to introduce themselves, say hello, and give us a chocolate pie.  Seriously.  Boyfriend is from southern California, and has never had anything like this happen to him in his whole life.....I think he's going to trip out over it all night. 

What's tripping me  out is that the dad is from Denmark.  What are the odds of that?

jeffersonish

« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2009, 10:14:51 PM »

What's tripping me  out is that the dad is from Denmark.  What are the odds of that?

Is there significance to that? Are you from Denmark?

Actually coincidences are far more common than people usually think. I belong to Michael Newdow's FACTS church (First Atheist Church of True Science) and we have a little thing we do at each meeting called IMBEGORs. IMBEGOR is an acronym for "It Must BE GOd Reasoning." Everyone recounts an instance of high coincidence that occurred to them since the last meeting, usually about one month prior. It is amazing how highly coincidental the anecdotes are. Usually they involve several incidents of coincidence in the same story.

One of mine from the past involved a case of mistaken identity where someone else with my first and last name had a room for rent for the same exact price, at the same time as me. He was described as having the same exact height and the same hair color as me. We both attended the same college but lived on opposite sides of town which was how we finally determined the person calling me had called the wrong person.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2009, 10:21:12 PM »

Is there significance to that? Are you from Denmark?

I lived there for the past three years, before moving to Dallas mid-February.  Not a lot of Danes in north Texas, so far as I know. 

I belong to Michael Newdow's FACTS church (First Atheist Church of True Science)

Sounds like a great to way to make it clear that atheism and science are not religions. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2009, 11:31:56 PM »

Further discussion:

Boyfriend: Man, things are different now.  Different neighborhood, different atmosphere, all of my friends are having babies (one of his good friends is having a baby next week). 

Me: Yeah, and.....that's good, isn't it?  Well, except for the baby thing.  I mean, it's great if they want babies.  But you don't, right?

Boyfriend: Uh, no.  If all of my friends were doing heroin-- do I want to do heroin?  If they're jumping off bridges, do I want to do it?

Me: So...nothing's changed there?

Boyfriend: Hell no.  You don't have anything to worry about, babe.

Me: Yay. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2009, 11:42:24 PM »

I've got to say, it is really creepy knowing people from high school, etc. who are now having children.

jeffersonish

« Reply #322 on: March 23, 2009, 12:09:55 AM »

Sounds like a great to way to make it clear that atheism and science are not religions. 

I view it more as a way to provide an example of what a religion should really be like.
We don't have commandments, just 3 suggestions:
 Think
 Question
 Do What's Right

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 23, 2009, 12:19:42 AM »

I view it more as a way to provide an example of what a religion should really be like.

Like trying to show what Christmas should really be like by inventing Science Claus. 

jeffersonish

« Reply #324 on: March 23, 2009, 01:31:24 AM »

Like trying to show what Christmas should really be like by inventing Science Claus. 

Pagan Claus? Shopper Claus?

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2009, 04:24:42 PM »

I need to get a new cell phone.  I've never had a regular cell phone in the states-- just a cheap top-up one from Virgin that is slowly dying. 

I probably won't use it much-- hate talking on the phone.  I do like to text, though, and would like to be able to take and send photos.  I also need to get service, but vastly prefer the top-up thing to getting a set amount of minutes to use per month, because I'd have no idea how much to get and wouldn't pay attention to how many I use. 

Any suggestions? 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2009, 05:38:08 PM »

I just got these for my girls, and they love them.  The phone itself is about $119, and you get 50 back.  Verizon.  A single plan is $55/mo, you can include Boyfriend on Fam Plan for $79 (I think).  Unlimited text plan, 700 minutes per month, and Verizon callers call each other free, it doesn't deduct minutes if you're in-network with the other caller. 

The screen is touch/drag.  QWERTY, all sorts of slick features, the phones are very underpriced IMO.  It requires no 'data plan' which Blackberries do.  It includes a quality camera (quality for phones, anyway). 

They are approximately as long as a CD jewel case, which is roughly 4.5 inches, it remains flat when you use it as a phone.  They're very solid, not cheap or flimsy at all.  I like it a lot. 

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2009, 07:19:21 PM »

Further discussion:

Boyfriend: Man, things are different now.  Different neighborhood, different atmosphere, all of my friends are having babies (one of his good friends is having a baby next week). 

Me: Yeah, and.....that's good, isn't it?  Well, except for the baby thing.  I mean, it's great if they want babies.  But you don't, right?

Boyfriend: Uh, no.  If all of my friends were doing heroin-- do I want to do heroin?  If they're jumping off bridges, do I want to do it?

This made me really sad in an Idocracy kind of way. Sure, let the immoral, stupid, hyper-religious, statist, military worshipping assholes outbreed the intelligent, decent human beings. I'll do my best to make up for it, though.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »

Further discussion:

This made me really sad in an Idocracy kind of way. Sure, let the immoral, stupid, hyper-religious, statist, military worshipping assholes outbreed the intelligent, decent human beings. I'll do my best to make up for it, though.

Thank you for thinking I'm an intelligent, decent human being.....and don't worry.  I have two nieces who are bright girls, and who live less than five miles away.   I don't take it upon myself to indoctrinate them, but when they ask my opinion on things (which they frequently do) I'm only too happy to give it.   :)

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 07, 2009, 02:32:19 PM »

My mother wants to get a tattoo in honor of her 65th birthday.  It will be her first, and probably only, tattoo.  I just got off the phone with the tattoo artist.  I want it to be great, and searched carefully for which artist to do it.  I just hope she's not shocked at the price or how long it will take to do it, because I think he can really do a work of art on her leg. 

Now I have to decide if I want the same thing.  It would be really cool to get one with her, but a) I don't have much money, and b) I don't know whether to try and get the same thing because it wouldn't be exactly  the same.  She wants one kind of flower-- her favorite.  Maybe I should get another kind. 
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.