Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432664 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2009, 11:03:36 PM »

rillion should just fuck the brother, let the boyfriend find out, problem solved......

I would rather stab my eyes out with a fork.

Then you could put a secret spy cam in there!

If I ever lose one or both of my eyes, I will definitely install spy cams in the sockets.  And wear an eyepatch. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »

My question is:  Why are people so stupid on "Deal Or No Deal"?

My question is: why are you watching Deal or No Deal?

Anya Monzikova

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2009, 11:58:23 PM »

rillion should just fuck the brother, let the boyfriend find out, problem solved......

I would rather stab my eyes out with a fork.

Then you could put a secret spy cam in there!

If I ever lose one or both of my eyes, I will definitely install spy cams in the sockets.  And wear an eyepatch. 

If I ever lose an eye, I'm going to get an eyepatch and become an arms dealer.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2009, 12:47:09 AM »

How the hell  did you not recognize that if you've known her for years?

My thoughts exactly! How did I miss something so blindingly obvious?

Meh, I'll give it time. Cures a hangover, why not this?

And yes, spy-camera eyes are cool, but make sure you can see infrared or nightvision and have an on-off switch of sorts.
Why become an arms dealer? Become a politician, but hopelessly attempt to become one of those that the youth vote for while saying things such as
"I think America is beyond its prejudice of people with eye patches!"
"Wow, our society is a great one where a one-eyed man can run for office!"
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

jeffersonish

« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2009, 01:31:18 AM »

My Question: How can I get my girlfriend to stop being so religious?

As terrible a question this is I somehow didnt notice until last week that my GF falls into the crazy religious type category.
(I havent been dating her too long but really I've known her for years)

Problems:
She claims to believe everything in the bible.
She thinks that if you go to a "psychic", any professional one will do, and they "curse your family" bad things will happen to your family.
          example: her alcoholic drunk/drug user mom supposedly went to a psychic and the psychic told her her next born would die, and the kid died stillborn
She is horribly superstitious of the number 666 AND 999...
She says she is "christian." Just that, not a specific denomination.
She forcibly claims that Catholics are NOT Christian, and gets mad when I try to explain to her that yes, they are.
She says that the Catholic Church is the Anti-Christ 0_o

I'm just a raised Lutheran, Universal Life Church Minister, now an Atheist.
Whatcha think ya'all?

You can try to talk sense to her. Give her the quiz, but I don't give it much of a chance. You best bet is to part ways. I know someone like her from your description and I've been debating religion with her for years now with no luck. She was never my girlfriend, but we did hook up once a long time ago.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2009, 01:46:57 AM »

In fairness, there are ways to live with someone with different beliefs. I was raised catholic. My whole family is catholic. I married a catholic woman. Before we got married we knew each other for about 10 years. We had many, many talks about what we believe and don't believe, how we would behave after married, and - most importantly - how we would raise our children.

We've now been married > 9 years and are happy with our life. We don't argue about religion because there are no surprises and we don't feel the need to persuade each other of anything - because we've already talked it all out.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »

In fairness, there are ways to live with someone with different beliefs. I was raised catholic. My whole family is catholic. I married a catholic woman. Before we got married we knew each other for about 10 years. We had many, many talks about what we believe and don't believe, how we would behave after married, and - most importantly - how we would raise our children.

We've now been married > 9 years and are happy with our life. We don't argue about religion because there are no surprises and we don't feel the need to persuade each other of anything - because we've already talked it all out.

Different beliefs, yes.  But different attitudes about belief?  I don't know.  I think there's a difference between having different ideas about how the world came into existence, whether there's a god and an afterlife, and so on, and one person being chronically superstitious while the other is not.   Imagine living with somebody who is going to freak out if her new license plate or telephone number happens to have a 666 or even a 999 on it.  I'm thinking sooner or later you would probably want to beat that person over the head with their own bible.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »

Imagine living with somebody who is going to freak out if her new license plate or telephone number happens to have a 666 or even a 999 on it.

That's really whats freaking me out the most. Everybody seems to have slightly different religious/spiritual beliefs, but she saw a storefront the other day whose address was 999 and she flipped out. I did a literal "lolwut?" (same as with the psychic curse thing) and just went "um, really?".
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »

Imagine living with somebody who is going to freak out if her new license plate or telephone number happens to have a 666 or even a 999 on it.

That's really whats freaking me out the most. Everybody seems to have slightly different religious/spiritual beliefs, but she saw a storefront the other day whose address was 999 and she flipped out. I did a literal "lolwut?" (same as with the psychic curse thing) and just went "um, really?".

Differing religious beliefs are really tough. However, my wife went to catholic school and was fairly religious when we met. I experienced a few episodes like you just mentioned, but they were not as bad. I just let her be who she was and over time she became agnostic just like me. :) If you want to be with her, my advice is to let her be who she is, so long as she lets you do the same.

Put yourself in her shoes, not everyone can be as "rational" as you. However think about it this way...as an atheist, how are you so sure there is no god? Both of you are making very specific claims that neither one of you can prove. So I could make the argument that you are just as crazy as her for thinking there is no god. But that is another debate.
Pocho

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2009, 05:38:41 PM »

Put yourself in her shoes, not everyone can be as "rational" as you. However think about it this way...as an atheist, how are you so sure there is no god? Both of you are making very specific claims that neither one of you can prove.

Uh, when did anarchir claim there's no God?

So I could make the argument that you are just as crazy as her for thinking there is no god. But that is another debate.

Thinking there is no god-- even if you're wrong-- is nowhere near as crazy as freaking out over the number 666 and believing that psychics can curse you.  Bad comparison. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2009, 10:47:09 PM »

Thank you for affirming my sanity Rillon.

MasterShake

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2009, 11:27:42 PM »

I will say this.. the number 666 is a great marketing tool in fast food.

I used to work at an A&W in a food court.  ON several occasions the bill came out to $6.66.  I had a lot of people upsize the drinks because of that number.

Capitalism + 666 = profit for you!

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2009, 11:30:04 PM »

So, if she sees either 666 or 999 she gets freaked?

What if she sees a combination of the two numbers?

Whats her reaction to 6969?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2009, 11:31:21 PM »

13-14 years ago McDonald's value meals came to 3.57 and 4.54 and 4.27 in certain combinations.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 08, 2009, 12:10:36 AM »

anarchir, this sounds pretty serious to you. It is probably best to move on then. I don't see how you can have any kind of relationship without respect. I mean, you always have to expect little idiosyncrasies, and the like, but if you reach the point where you think the person you are with is a nut then it isn't worth trying.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.