Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432674 times)

jeffersonish

Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2009, 04:18:34 AM »

FSM forbid
May his noodly appendage touch you! I am the head honcho for my local area's Pastover celebration this year aka Flying  Spaghetti Monster Feed held on that Sunday Christians call Easter Sunday. We'll be having a Pirate costume contest, door prize, music and entertainment. I highly recommend holding one in your area too.

For those who have no idea what I am talking about, check out http://venganza.org/

Bill Brasky

« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »

FSM forbid
May his noodly appendage touch you! I am the head honcho for my local area's Pastover celebration this year aka Flying  Spaghetti Monster Feed held on that Sunday Christians call Easter Sunday. We'll be having a Pirate costume contest, door prize, music and entertainment. I highly recommend holding one in your area too.

For those who have no idea what I am talking about, check out http://venganza.org/

RAmen.

"A grail?  Oh, we've already got one.  Its quite nice!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubGenius

wile-e-coyote

« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2009, 03:33:32 PM »

Look, I've been posting on this forum for two years plus, and I've seen a lot of trolls come and go.  You're no different. Additionally, the next time Brasky comes to the forum, I give even odds that he'll just delete your posts. So, whatever.

I'm not kidding about this.  I don't expect any official endorsement by any group.  But I would like someone who knows official procedure to hook me up with a few links, so I can officially submit my application for presidency to the United States Government.  Once that is officially recognized, I will submit it for endorsement to the various things like the FSP. 

I appreciate any comments. 

I will not delete trolls from this thread.

nothing would bring me greater satisfaction :D

I put that there specifically for him.  I knew he was gonna do this right from the start.  We can't have nice, civilized discussions with people like him around, and this once again proves it.  He hasn't really broken any 'rules', he's just a tenacious annoyance with way too much time on his hands to derail and destroy the continuity of any thread.  Hansen did this exact pattern. 

I give John or Lindsey permission to delete all his posts in this thread.  I have the delete button at my disposal, so I could do it myself.  So technically, that absolves them of overstepping any Mod bounds. 

Anyhow, enough time has been wasted discussing the child.  He's as predictable as sunrise. 

Thanks for your vote Vandal. 
what kind of people is that brasskey? NIGGERS?
answer the question brasskey

Hey, nigger.  That is not a direct quote.  So stick it up your gay fucking asshole. 

You can quote me on that.

You very clearly said you were interested in this kind of thing.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »

What is something original to say on a "Get well" card that has been passed around the office. I get it last and everyone else has signed it and said "get well", and "hope you feel better" and all that stuff already. Now I have to say something to a guy who I barely know except for exchanging the occasional friendly nod and "good morning".

Is there something in the order of light humor or general warmth without feigning an undue level of familiarity?
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

wile-e-coyote

« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2009, 04:21:45 PM »

Are you asking what to write? If you don't know anything of this person, at all, write of a common human thing. Apple pie is a good one. In some places it's illegal for a restaurant to charge extra for a slice of cheese with a piece of apple pie. Heartwarming anecdotes go a long way.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:23:20 PM by wile-e-coyote »

sterlingnickle

« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2009, 05:38:48 PM »

What is something original to say on a "Get well" card that has been passed around the office. I get it last and everyone else has signed it and said "get well", and "hope you feel better" and all that stuff already. Now I have to say something to a guy who I barely know except for exchanging the occasional friendly nod and "good morning".

Is there something in the order of light humor or general warmth without feigning an undue level of familiarity?

How about "Get your chin to the wind, and your knee's to the breeze." or "Fun is not fun without you."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:42:24 PM by sterlingnickle »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »

Keep your fly zipped and don't play in traffic.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »

Don't die. 

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2009, 08:47:45 PM »

Don't die. 

:lol: I'm gunna use that one.
Pocho

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2009, 02:49:41 PM »

Don't die. 

:lol: I'm gunna use that one.

I tend to sign just my name then switch writing utensils and write something bat-shit crazy like
"Dont let THEM get you." or "Remember those summer nights ;)"
"Pay up by next thursday." or "Three purple yes."
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »

I hate to say it, but it looks like we're not going to adopt the dog.  Primary reasons:

1. Too smart, ironically.  Unfortunately intelligence leads to boredom.   She's destroyed flower pots, flung her food bowl under the fence, and you can play with her for quite a while only to have her come up to you whining when you sit down to do other things.

2. Bad use of teeth.  She snaps at your hands when you pet her-- not hard, but that sets a really bad precedent.

3. Boyfriend and I are both laid back people, and we're basically making a new start.....packing up to move to a new house, one with a good fence but a relatively small backyard, and we're both going to be working full time.  Not a good atmosphere to have a puppy in.

4. Wolf hybrid.  Commitment for the next 10-15 or so years.  Two people who have never owned a dog.  It would be like adopting a furry, snappy child.  It's just too much for us to handle at this point.

She might be a good dog for us to own five years from now, but not now.  It really sucks. 

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »

I hate to say it, but it looks like we're not going to adopt the dog.  Primary reasons:

1. Too smart, ironically.  Unfortunately intelligence leads to boredom.   She's destroyed flower pots, flung her food bowl under the fence, and you can play with her for quite a while only to have her come up to you whining when you sit down to do other things.

2. Bad use of teeth.  She snaps at your hands when you pet her-- not hard, but that sets a really bad precedent.

3. Boyfriend and I are both laid back people, and we're basically making a new start.....packing up to move to a new house, one with a good fence but a relatively small backyard, and we're both going to be working full time.  Not a good atmosphere to have a puppy in.

4. Wolf hybrid.  Commitment for the next 10-15 or so years.  Two people who have never owned a dog.  It would be like adopting a furry, snappy child.  It's just too much for us to handle at this point.

She might be a good dog for us to own five years from now, but not now.  It really sucks. 

Sorry to hear that, but I think you are making the right choice. If you can't find anyone to take him maybe try this wolf-dog rescue program in Texas:

http://www.saintfrancissanctuary.org/
Pocho

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »

I agree with your choice. I have 3 dogs ( I did have 4, but my oldest just died last week). I had 5 once, the 5th was a stray I took in on Christmas day, obviously either an abandoned or escaped fighting dog. A mastiff/pit mix, covered with little scars, he was big and tough looking but sweet as pie to me. The longer I kept him and the nicer I was to him, the more attached he became. Over time, he went from being a big goof, to an absolute terror. I was completely safe with him (well, except if he was eating, he bit me once when I took a corn cob he stole from the trash away), but no one else was. He would try and protect me from my other dogs, my wife (at the time, ex now), my neighbors, people on the street, etc. He was very scary, too. I took him to a trainer, I had her come and work with him in my home, I eventually had him in a muzzle and a shock collar just so I could move around the house without fearing what he'd do. Even that didn;t stop him from trying to bite my other dogs when they got too close. I searched for people who would take him, but since he had bit me, bit my other dogs, and basically showed a lot of food aggression and other bad behaviors, no one would take him. I thought he might even be a decent police dog, figuring that he'd get a lot of attention and one on one training, and would eventually be with someone pretty much constantly, which seemed like what he wanted, and his aggression might be a plus to them (yes, my desire for him to live surpassed my loathing of the police at that point). But, in the end, I had to put him down. My blood pressure and stress level went down considerably, but it was still very sad, extremely difficult to do, and even today it makes me feel guilty. I watch the dog whisperer and wonder if I gave up to soon or if maybe I had done something different, he could have been rehabilitated. I would not want you to be in the same situation with this wolf hybrid. Find someone who has the time and inclination to handle her, you'll both be better off.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »

I wouldn't do anything with an ex-fighting dog 'cept kill it.  Not worth the risk.  There's too many dogs that need a home and won't eat you or your friends or your kids or your friends kids.

Why did the price of rice double?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »

Why did the price of rice double?

Dow crashed, gold went over a thousand.  Everybody panic, etc.

I was in the army-navy supply store yesterday, wanted a field jacket.  Not panicking, just wanted a jacket.  They seemed a little low on most things my size, and I'm average.  You'd think a store thats been around for fifty years would know enough to keep Large in stock.  Which, I'm sure, they do.  I can only say this leads me to believe a higher number than normal of grown men have been buying stuff that fits. 

I bought a Medium.  Last one in black that wasn't "vintage".  I could wear both, but like Large because you can put heavier layers under it.  Mediums okay. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.