Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 433516 times)

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »

I know redistribution of wealth is frowned on by a Libertarian.  I heard Ian say FSP had 655 members, so it may be awhile til New Hampshire is set free.  Meanwhile in the U.S.A. Bruce Williams overnight suggested any stimulus payments to the American people should be made in the form of a prepaid debit card w/ 6-mo. expiration.  He believes this would be the fastest way to get commerce moving.  Done in this way people could not save the cash or pay down existing debt.  thoughts?

I would immediately by a gun. Just sayin'...
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »

I know redistribution of wealth is frowned on by a Libertarian.  I heard Ian say FSP had 655 members, so it may be awhile til New Hampshire is set free.  Meanwhile in the U.S.A. Bruce Williams overnight suggested any stimulus payments to the American people should be made in the form of a prepaid debit card w/ 6-mo. expiration.  He believes this would be the fastest way to get commerce moving.  Done in this way people could not save the cash or pay down existing debt.  thoughts?

Good choice.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 05:02:02 AM »

And for one of my own.

What's a sure-fire way to make a good impression on a future mother-in-law? (I have a record with boyfriends' mothers reaching epic disaster level.)

Find something about her to compliment-- something you actually like, so you don't have to fake it.  But don't do it right after meeting her; wait a little bit.  That way it won't look like a blatant attempt to get in her good graces.

Also, this is going to sound weird, but reading about biases suggests to me that it might work: ask her for a favor.  To borrow a book, or something.  You would think that giving somebody something or doing something for them would be the more promising way to get them to like you, but actually people can come to like you because of something they  did for you.  The reason it works is because people like to justify their own actions in their head.  If she did something for you (her mind will say), that must be because you deserve it because you're somebody she cares about. 

sterlingnickle

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 05:19:53 AM »

Have you seen Jessica Simpson lately?   portly.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:21:38 AM by sterlingnickle »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »

Have you seen Jessica Simpson lately?   portly.

She is not portly at all.  She's just wearing REALLY ugly clothes.  The grandma jeans, and the fug belt cut her off in the middle.  It's horrendous. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 10:03:19 AM »

Yeah, I wouldn't say she's fat.  She's just wearing some incredibly unflattering clothes and she's not thin.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »

Yeah, I wouldn't say she's fat.  She's just wearing some incredibly unflattering clothes and she's not thin.

This. 

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2009, 10:28:03 AM »

And for one of my own.

What's a sure-fire way to make a good impression on a future mother-in-law? (I have a record with boyfriends' mothers reaching epic disaster level.)

Find something about her to compliment-- something you actually like, so you don't have to fake it.  But don't do it right after meeting her; wait a little bit.  That way it won't look like a blatant attempt to get in her good graces.

Also, this is going to sound weird, but reading about biases suggests to me that it might work: ask her for a favor.  To borrow a book, or something.  You would think that giving somebody something or doing something for them would be the more promising way to get them to like you, but actually people can come to like you because of something they  did for you.  The reason it works is because people like to justify their own actions in their head.  If she did something for you (her mind will say), that must be because you deserve it because you're somebody she cares about. 

Thanks, those are some very good ideas. I appreciate it.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

sterlingnickle

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »

Sara Jean Underwood: What not to do when meeting her parents

http://www.spike.com/video/what-not-to-do-when/3058873

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 12:50:55 PM »

I wouldn't get the card cuz I don't file but if I did, gun.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »

And for one of my own.

Thanks, those are some very good ideas. I appreciate it.

If Josh takes you over there for dinner or something, and you like something she makes for dinner you could ask her for a recipe.  That could work too. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 07:55:17 PM »

And for one of my own.

My 2c. 

Do not pander to a mom.  It sounds extremely basic, but be yourself.  Relax a LOT.  If she thinks you're trying to put on a show, her radar will go off.  Put a little "Hey, how ya doin'?"  into your game.  That'll make the dad think you're cool, too.  Most men like a woman who has a slight 'one of the guys' streak in her, like a chick who is comfortable wearing a blazer casually instead of girly shit.  Girly-girls are high maintenance, and that worries the folks bigtime.  You strike me as that sort anyway, so roll with it. 

davann

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »

Have you seen Jessica Simpson lately?   portly.

Holy crap! Is this a picture of her Thanksgiving Day parade balloon?

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 11:33:42 PM »

I call fucking bullshit on all you motherfuckers. Jessica Simpson may be dumb as fuck, and she may need to fire her stylist for that double gold belt, but fat she is not.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »

I call fucking bullshit on all you motherfuckers. Jessica Simpson may be dumb as fuck, and she may need to fire her stylist for that double gold belt, but fat she is not.

THANK YOU. 
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.