Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432457 times)

Porcupine_in_MA

Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »

Huge man-loads

I've heard there is some truth to this..but salt water gargle is the best that I know of.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 08:51:18 AM »

Huge man-loads

I've heard there is some truth to this..but salt water gargle is the best that I know of.

This also works too.  It's disgusting, though.  Also, antiseptic Listerine or other similar mouthwash is somewhat effective as well, for those who refuse the salt water. 

For a sore throat, I always did a combo punch to make it go away - this is before, when I had to sing a lot.  There's a tea called Throat Coat that soothes for me really well.  It's not the greatest tasting stuff, but you can get it at GNC, Vitamin World, any health food store, and even most regular grocery stores.  The lemon variety that is a bit better tasting is a little harder to find.  It's wacky, but it helps.  Also, the Cepacol lozenges or spray, or Chloraseptic (same thing), since they contain a local anesthetic and numb the area.  Also, if you stick to room-temperature and warmer beverages it will feel better.  I hated that part, because I looove massive amounts of cold water, but it does help.  And finally, if you have a humidifier, use it.  If not, stay in a hot, steamy bathroom for a while. 

I always imagined you would have a good singing voice, you just have that look :)

Haha.  I'm not too bad.  I sang at Carnegie Hall once with strep throat.  That fucking blew.   :lol:

Oh sheet mang, that's awes0me. I wanna hear you sing!!!

I think I can sing, so try...and fail miserably.

My mom once asked me if I could lip synch because I was giving her a migraine.

Bitch.

Hahahahaha, that sucks.   :(
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »

How is is possible that the massive Sun stays stationary in space?

I actually think it is moving (if the universe is expanding, that is), but that has nothing to do with its size. 

^She's right.

In addition, the Sun is orbiting around our galaxy's center of mass, as the universe expands.
Pocho

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Riddler

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »

1: mother-in-law sweet

a hot middle-aged milf, who happens to be your wife's mother, and she lets you fuck her when her daughter's not aro.....
oh, s-u-i-t-e....as in "room".....never mind

2: sore throat

1-1/2 oz. whiskey +  1 oz. honey + 1/2 squeezed lemon....heat in micro fo 20 sec.

sooo glad i could hep.

sterlingnickle

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »

I know redistribution of wealth is frowned on by a Libertarian.  I heard Ian say FSP had 655 members, so it may be awhile til New Hampshire is set free.  Meanwhile in the U.S.A. Bruce Williams overnight suggested any stimulus payments to the American people should be made in the form of a prepaid debit card w/ 6-mo. expiration.  He believes this would be the fastest way to get commerce moving.  Done in this way people could not save the cash or pay down existing debt.  thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:35:29 PM by sterlingnickle »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

There's a tea called Throat Coat that soothes for me really well.   

I cannot stand this stuff, but Mr. Joy swears by it. Alternates between mugs of Throat Coat and Cold Care when he gets sick. I stick with the Cold Care tea with a touch of honey. Or hot lemonade.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 08:32:12 PM »

There's a tea called Throat Coat that soothes for me really well.   

I cannot stand this stuff, but Mr. Joy swears by it. Alternates between mugs of Throat Coat and Cold Care when he gets sick. I stick with the Cold Care tea with a touch of honey. Or hot lemonade.

I have not tried Cold Care.  The throat coat IS kind of...unique.  I know there's another lemon variety in addition to the original, but I've not seen it anywhere else besides Vitamin World and the internet.  I didn't get it the one time I saw it because I felt fine.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

MasterShake

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 04:34:05 PM »

Why do you never find relish on a relish tray?

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »

Anyone know anything about Dave Henderson or Lawrence Samuels in California?

I just had coffee with Lawrence and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about either one of these guys.
Pocho

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »

For immediate relief of a sore throat, use Chloraseptic.  The only problem with it is that it is imprecise, numbs anything it touches, and doesn't last as long as I would like.  Ricola cough drops are my favorite (honey lemon...I eat those things like candy when I have sore throats).  Tea is also good.

If you have a doctor friend, you can also get yourself a prescription for steroids.  That's more for if you've got something long-term like Mono.  I only know that because I did this when I got Mono while I was in a musical.  Strangely, a very low fever and the sore throat from hell were my only symptoms.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 11:22:11 PM »

Why do you never find relish on a relish tray?

You'd have to eat it like poi. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 11:45:56 PM »

For immediate relief of a sore throat, use Chloraseptic.  The only problem with it is that it is imprecise, numbs anything it touches, and doesn't last as long as I would like.  Ricola cough drops are my favorite (honey lemon...I eat those things like candy when I have sore throats).  Tea is also good.

If you have a doctor friend, you can also get yourself a prescription for steroids.  That's more for if you've got something long-term like Mono.  I only know that because I did this when I got Mono while I was in a musical.  Strangely, a very low fever and the sore throat from hell were my only symptoms.

I sang at Carnegie Hall once with strep throat.  That sucked.  The doctor wanted to give me steroids, but I declined on account that I'm hairy enough.  That and he made them out to be way scary.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 11:59:20 PM »

I sang at Carnegie Hall once with strep throat.  That sucked.  The doctor wanted to give me steroids, but I declined on account that I'm hairy enough.  That and he made them out to be way scary.   :lol:

I saw no ill effects from taking the prescribed steroids.  I had a month-long course I think.  Sure, if I'd taken them for years it probably wouldn't be great, and I'm sure you can get higher doses than what I had.  Despite what they tell you in DARE, steroids will not magically turn you into a stupid, violent, sweaty ape.

I used to get strep throat a lot in Middle School--multiple times in a year.  Without fail, 24 hours after starting antibiotics I was fine.  Of course, I tend to be disease-resistant in the first place.  I never had much more than a sore throat and low fever with strep (sometimes almost no fever at all...I think I built up a pretty high resistance to it).  I'm still somewhat conditioned to get a strep test at the first signs of a sore throat.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 12:03:24 AM »

This isn't a question, but a rant (taken from today's LJ).  Hopefully it will prevent people from doing stupid things when trading stocks.  If anyone isn't sure what I mean in the following, feel free to ask :P

Today was an odd day for my company's stock, and I'm a bit embarrassed by the stupidity of a trade by one of my fellow, low-level coworkers. There were 0 trades all day until almost the end of the day (which is particularly strange, we usually have over 10k trades in a day). Asks were around $4, bids must've been around, oh, $3.02. Well, someone, I'm not sure who, decided to sell his or her Employee Stock Purchase Plan shares from Q4...all 114 of them (I'm almost certain it was a coworker who bough shares through the ESPP because 114*$2.20, the strike price for Q4 shares under the ESPP, is $250...nice and round). This trade, while stupid for many reasons (seriously, you paid a $13 commision on a $344 trade? ...and you either asked $3.02 or put in "market price" without checking volume and bid/ask?), singlehandedly dropped the stock $0.10 for the day (a bit over 3%) to $3.02.

Now ask is $5.73 and bid is $1.01. It's almost comical. Scratch that, it is comical. I guess we'll see what happens when earnings are released. My guess is the person who sold today will not be too happy.

Idiot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.