Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 432482 times)

theCelestrian

• Purveyor of Crapulence
  • FTL Creative Team
  • [ insert awesomely insightful comment here ]
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #675 on: January 16, 2010, 12:07:01 AM »

Is it ever a good idea to discuss your IQ or that of others on the internet?

That was rhetorical.  There's no need to answer.

Oh hey, look at that.  Good to see another familiar face. . . and unchanged avatar picture.
- Branden
[ insert amazingly cool liberty-oriented witticism of your choice here ]

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 16, 2010, 12:14:47 AM »

Is it ever a good idea to discuss your IQ or that of others on the internet?

That was rhetorical.  There's no need to answer.

Oh hey, look at that.  Good to see another familiar face. . . and unchanged avatar picture.

Nice to see you back around these parts, too :)  I'm not really into changing my avatar.  First, because Milton Friedman is/was awesome.  And second, because I usually recognize people by their avatars more than usernames, I like it when they stay relatively constant.  Of course, neither avatars nor usernames stay fixed for very long on most of the accounts around here :P

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 18, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »

Memo to Ecolitan, since he didn't get it the first time:  I am not taking you seriously.  I am laughing at you, because you took a misunderstanding about IQ and turned it into a burning tower of rage and then accused me of trying to pick a fight, and that's hilarious to me.   Probably not good for your health, though, so you might want to smoke a joint or something.  

the burning tower of rage is long overdue and was brought on by you calling me a liar... NOT the misunderstanding (read, complete lack of attempt to understand what the conversation was about before deciding to disagree with it).  You're a cunt.  You never answered.  Why did you post in a conversation you were clueless about if not to start a fight?  WHY?  What did you want to accomplish by disagreeing with a statement you made no effort to understand?  Is it reasonable to expect that would be met with anything but contempt?

It's true, probably not good for my health, that's why I've long avoided you and threads you're involved in.  Because once upon a time you said something awful about a demographic you had no idea applied to me or anyone else here.  It struck me in a profound way.  I produce more than I consume and don't hurt anyone and anyone for whom that is not good enough reason to refrain from disparaging or spreading hate towards the harmless person is someone to be avoided.  So I do.  Because I know even if you don't that when you say "Hi Royce" you mean "Hi Royce you complete waste of space I wish you would quit sucking up my oxygen and I hope awful things happen to you".  I try to avoid that.  it effects me.  I will continue to be upset and abusive when you make that difficult for me.  Leaving the board entirely is even less desirable so I will continue to encourage you to stay the fuck away any way I can.  I hope I've made some progress toward that. 

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:54:45 PM by Ecolitan »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 18, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »

the burning tower of rage is long overdue and was brought on by you calling me a liar...

I have found that, without exception, people who throw their IQ around tend to be assholes who are most likely liars as well.  

If this statement does not apply to you, I did not, in fact, call you a liar.  If you think it does apply, then it is most likely true for you and therefore there's no reason for me to regret saying it. 

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 18, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »

You, I and every reader in this thread knows you very much intended it to apply to me.  I am again calling you intentionally deceitful.  It also further illustrates how you came in the thread disagreeing w/ me w/o having any idea what the conversation was about?  Clearly your intention was no to participate in the conversation since you didn't even know what it was about.  That leaves disagreeing w/ me as your intention.  That's what you did, came here just to disagree w/ me regardless of what the conversation was about.. i.e. to pick a fight.  Cuz you're a cunt.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:03:19 PM by Ecolitan »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 18, 2010, 02:14:35 PM »

You, I and every reader in this thread knows you very much intended it to apply to me.

Yes, because I thought you were claiming that your IQ was 132, and that it's 12 points higher than mine, which is a douchebag thing to do.  As I believe I've said....a few times.

Cuz you're a cunt.

Holy fuck, I give up. 

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 18, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »

You, I and every reader in this thread knows you very much intended it to apply to me.

Yes, because I thought you were claiming that your IQ was 132, and that it's 12 points higher than mine, which is a douchebag thing to do.  As I believe I've said....a few times.

Cuz you're a cunt.

Holy fuck, I give up. 

It's probably best, even though he'll now add "quitter" to all the other terribly lovely things he has to say about you. Or, maybe he'll use his genius to come up with more creative ways to challenge you than by simply shooting back one word insults worthy of a middle school spat.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 18, 2010, 03:15:36 PM »

Quote from: Rillion link=topic=27003.msg584693#msg584693 date=1263842075

Yes, [i
because I thought you were claiming that your IQ was 132, and that it's 12 points higher than mine[/i], which is a douchebag thing to do.  As I believe I've said....a few times.

I know you thought that.  I've understood that all along because I read what you had to say and understood it before I ever responded.  YOU did not because disagreeing with me is what was important to you, NOT participating in the conversation.  Because you're a cunt.  

Quote from: a couple of pages ago when you read this and STILL didn't realize that I've known all along that you THOUGHT I was saying something that I was not
as if I just up and said "132, average for the neighborhood" entirely in a vaccum

I won't call you a quitter.  It would be more than I could possibly hope to accomplish to have you stay the fuck away from me as I try to do with you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:25:24 PM by Ecolitan »

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 18, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »

Advertise 'em as talismans to ward off the sickeningly evil-sweet soccer moms, for cool moms only to hang from the rear-view mirror of their Ram Quad Cab or similarly non-wimpy kid-hauler.    "I retain the right to refuse sale to soccer moms with e-mail names that make me want to barf"  $5 each, 3 for $10

You'll sell 'em by the bushel basket.

I agree, except the price point is too low.  Make them $7 each and three for $18.  I'm not even a mom and I'd buy one.  

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll need to figure out the pricing after I've tried making a couple. The last 3 animals I made went pretty quickly, during the LOTR New Year's Eve/Day marathon. I think the creepy cute creations might be a little smaller, so would go at least as fast, even with the greater detail. I'll take better photos before setting up shop, but I'm currently keeping track of which patterns/items work out pretty well on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89027102@N00/sets/72157623201737012/

You sexy hippy you!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:41:28 PM by WidespreadPanic »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »

You sexy hippy you!

just because I'm not wearing a bra does not make me a hippie  :P
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 25, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »

What is the best way to spend February 7th if you don't give a shit about the Super Bowl?

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 25, 2010, 12:18:03 AM »

What is the best way to spend February 7th if you don't give a shit about the Super Bowl?

Performing acts of gluttony and watching funny commercials.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 25, 2010, 12:54:47 AM »

I will be working!  I think I'd rather watch football... :x
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 25, 2010, 01:13:32 AM »

Drink yourself into a stupor. Always works.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #689 on: January 25, 2010, 01:25:59 AM »

Does anybody have any tips for fighting utility bills that are too high?

I live in a one bedroom apartment and got an electric bill for $230 for the past month.
The only things that use any significant electricity are my laptop, a lamp, a few small ceiling lights, the microwave and the fridge. Thats it. My heating is through gas.

My parents have a monstrous 2 story house with many electronics plugged in/running at any given time. Multiple computers, 2 tv's, a well that takes in water based on electricity, 4 or more different people turning on lights, etc etc...and their bill was 110 for the same time period with the same company. WTF

I dont recall what the "units" were but basically the statement said that last years usage was 20 for the past tenant during this time frame. Mine was 2000.  My bill has been rising exponentially since Aug. when I moved in.

First call to them resulted in them denying any wrong-doing, tomorrow morning I am going to their physical location and demanding answers. If they do not compensate me I will refuse to pay it.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 46 queries.