Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

Poll

Will he do it?  CAN he do it?  

HE WILL DO IT!
HE WILL FAIL MIGHTILY!
HE'S A DICK, AND I HOPE HE FUCKS IT UP.
I WISH I HAD A PLAN!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Plan Thread  (Read 58968 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Plan Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2009, 08:51:11 AM »

My current plan:

1 - purchase several pounds of fresh blueberries, plums, and apples, along with a bag of sugar and a few savory ingredients.
2 - spend a day stirring pots of various combos of above substances, before placing in jars and sealing.
3 - enjoy the hell out of blueberry/apple jam, spiced plum preserves and spicy blueberry chutney with breakfasts, on sandwiches and with cheese.

Optional step 4:
Send jars to friends and family, so as to avoid eating all of it myself and gaining two stone.

I'm currently back on step two, as the jars of blueberry/apple jam were my test case last week. After trying the final product on cornmeal waffles, I added the potential fourth step. It's not safe to keep too much close at hand.

Step 3 going quite well.

Will be moving back to step 1 in a week or so, probably with different fruit. And, I'd like to make some of the spicy corn relish my Gran always kept in the fridge.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2009, 10:16:27 PM »

Om nom nom that looks good.

My plans have changed yet again. My landlord (aka GF's father) apparently has huge problems. Namely using a months worth of hard-core prescription pain meds in the first week and then going crazy for more after that...and that was after he called the police on his ex-wife and had her arrested (who then had to detain and question everyone who lived in the house, including me), blamed me for it somehow, kicked me and my girlfriend out of the house, tried getting physical with me, simultaneously begged my girlfriend to try and get him some pain killers and disown her...chaos.

Now I live with my girlfriend's mom, my stuff is all in storage and jumbled up in boxes, and work on my business has ground to a halt.  :|
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2009, 12:04:58 AM »

You said he was really cool. 

I smelled disaster on that one.

The post in the other thread doesn't fit this fucked-up situation. 

---

You need to get the fuck out of GF's mommas house immediately.

Rent a place in the college part of town for 500/mo.  Eat noodles and sleep on the couch if you have to. 

Riddler

« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2009, 09:22:17 AM »

Now I live with my girlfriend's mom,

is she hot?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2009, 12:22:59 AM »

Now I live with my girlfriend's mom,
is she hot?

No.

You said he was really cool.

I smelled disaster on that one.

The post in the other thread doesn't fit this fucked-up situation.

---

You need to get the fuck out of GF's mommas house immediately.

Rent a place in the college part of town for 500/mo.  Eat noodles and sleep on the couch if you have to. 

I wish I wasnt so naive to as fell into that trap. Its like my whole situation completely flipped around. Unfortunately this isn't a college town so all the housing is expensive.
I'm crossing my fingers I can rustle up some sort of arrangement with a bunch of other people needing room-mates.  Living situation wise this would have to be the worst I have ever been in. If it wasnt for my girlfriend I would just find somewhere to bum around, but I havent convinced her yet to no longer feel any responsibility towards her parents.

On the plus side, it gives me one more reason to drop this state and get to NH.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2009, 01:05:03 AM »

I wish I wasnt so naive to as fell into that trap. Its like my whole situation completely flipped around. Unfortunately this isn't a college town so all the housing is expensive.
I'm crossing my fingers I can rustle up some sort of arrangement with a bunch of other people needing room-mates.  Living situation wise this would have to be the worst I have ever been in. If it wasnt for my girlfriend I would just find somewhere to bum around, but I havent convinced her yet to no longer feel any responsibility towards her parents.

On the plus side, it gives me one more reason to drop this state and get to NH.

Most people feel some sort of connection towards their parents, they're just wired that way.  She's not gonna be "convinced", and you shouldn't try to convince her.  IF (big if..) you ever hook up permanently, maybe your criticisms will hold some validity.  The only appropriate action for you, right now, is to accept their flaws and avoid contact.  You can't make her choose, those things are her private business and parental relationships have to run their course.  You have to stand on your own ground, and if she keeps going back for more, thats her decision. 

But I will tell you, relationships where there is a rift between you and her parents can be difficult. 

And as far as moving to NH, you should only do that for positive reasons, not because there are negative things to escape.  Wherever you go, and whatever you do, it should tally up to what benefits your situation to the best degree.  It sounds personally motivated, because it is.  Be greedy with your life, its yours.  If NH fits that description, fine, so be it.  But you might be in for a rough time, if your current situation doesn't provide enough dough to get a floppy apartment in the cheap end of town.  (all towns have cheap pads, save the bull for the naive).  I wouldn't expect NH to be the land of milk and honey, your employment value is identical in both places. 

These things go in steps.  Get your legs under you, then think about your next move.  Relying on the kindness of others has ways of backfiring in your face.  In your own place, you pay your freight and answer to nobody.  Sharing quarters with GF's mom, you're screwed if you get in a squabble. 

I hope it works out for you, but my advice would be to work your ass off, save all your money for a month or two, and blow out of there. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »

I'm house sitting my parents place for a week, then either right then into an apartment or staying at that place till the other apartment option is free in Sept.

Yay!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »

Good move.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2009, 04:06:01 PM »

I haven't been on the BBS much lately. Update time.

33 days to go.
Till what?

an RM in Illinois who handles a couple of the stores in the area I want to relocate to.
Standard question: why you gotta be Ill'in? If you're going to move, how about NH?

As for my plan: doing good so far. House purchased. Move made. Many workers now in house doing plumbing, carpentry, etc. Yesterday I finally had a fully functioning bathroom/shower/sink all in the same room. The master bathroom is still being worked on though.

View from my desk: acres of woods, with the Contoocook River just visible at the end. All private property (mine), up to the river. Sweet.

Next phase of plan happens when tech stocks (especially the one I work for & have oodles of shares in) break on the big upside, which I expect to be this winter. Partially for market reasons (stimulus sugar-high), partially because of a big release. At that point it's time for another round of sell-paper-stocks-and-invest-in-physical-vaulted-Ag-and-Au, and beef up the ETF. Stick more into international BRIC stocks as well - possibly with EuroPac, unless Peter Schiff actually wins his Senate race, in which case he won't have time to run his business and so I won't invest in it.

By the way, Brasky, you were right about AGQ, they shed value just as you predicted. Oh well, I'm buying more on the dips, with a 2-5 year horizon, during which I expect big big big upside as USD goes to SHTF.

When USD does the D2Z, withdraw the metals and use it to buy rental properties on the cheap. That should set us up good for when the economy eventually recovers.

As always, this is not investment advice, I am not a licensed anything, and I am probably drunk.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2009, 04:20:43 PM »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »

33 days to go.
Till what?

Sept 1st. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2009, 04:54:39 PM »

Congrats on the house Denis.  I'm happy for you.

As far as leveraged decay goes, 2-5 years is kinda long.  They re-set over night, and mirror daily percentage returns x2.  I'm a math fail, so its kinda hard for me to describe with technical accuracy, but here goes...

If a stock is worth $100, and loses 1%, it is now worth $99, right? 

When the daily gain on that $99 is 1%, you only recover 99c.  Thus, your gain must be 1.01% to recover a 1% loss.  As they go up and down in daily activity over a long period of time, that really starts to play on the numbers.  Thats decay.  And in a 2x, its more pronounced. 

You stand to make more than you lose, so its all good.  But you can really see a droop in very long charts.  Its worth it to reposition yourself if they are losing buckets in a several day slump.  I know you don't like to day trade, but if the talking heads talk about a significant factor thats causing a large market trend in the wrong direction, like oil falling through the floor, you may want to consider making a readjustment until a new low is bottomed. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2009, 07:36:19 PM »

33 days to go.
Till what?

an RM in Illinois who handles a couple of the stores in the area I want to relocate to.
Standard question: why you gotta be Ill'in? If you're going to move, how about NH?

As for my plan: doing good so far. House purchased. Move made. Many workers now in house doing plumbing, carpentry, etc. Yesterday I finally had a fully functioning bathroom/shower/sink all in the same room. The master bathroom is still being worked on though.

View from my desk: acres of woods, with the Contoocook River just visible at the end. All private property (mine), up to the river. Sweet.

Next phase of plan happens when tech stocks (especially the one I work for & have oodles of shares in) break on the big upside, which I expect to be this winter. Partially for market reasons (stimulus sugar-high), partially because of a big release. At that point it's time for another round of sell-paper-stocks-and-invest-in-physical-vaulted-Ag-and-Au, and beef up the ETF. Stick more into international BRIC stocks as well - possibly with EuroPac, unless Peter Schiff actually wins his Senate race, in which case he won't have time to run his business and so I won't invest in it.

By the way, Brasky, you were right about AGQ, they shed value just as you predicted. Oh well, I'm buying more on the dips, with a 2-5 year horizon, during which I expect big big big upside as USD goes to SHTF.

When USD does the D2Z, withdraw the metals and use it to buy rental properties on the cheap. That should set us up good for when the economy eventually recovers.

As always, this is not investment advice, I am not a licensed anything, and I am probably drunk.

I have absolutely no desire to live in New Hampshire.  Also, the person I'm moving to be with has absolutely no desire to be in New Hampshire.

Congrats on the house, man. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2009, 07:49:27 PM »

I have no idea why you'd want to live in Illinois.  I'd rather live in California than there.  I'd rather live in Florida than there.  I'd rather live in NH than there.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2009, 08:07:42 PM »

I have no idea why you'd want to live in Illinois.  I'd rather live in California than there.  I'd rather live in Florida than there.  I'd rather live in NH than there.

Well, my boyfriend - the lovely and outstanding Mr. Lindsey happens to live, work, and go to school there.  I live in Florida.  I would REALLY like to be in the same state as my boyfriend now. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 37 queries.