Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

Poll

Will he do it?  CAN he do it?  

HE WILL DO IT!
HE WILL FAIL MIGHTILY!
HE'S A DICK, AND I HOPE HE FUCKS IT UP.
I WISH I HAD A PLAN!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Plan Thread  (Read 58796 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: The Plan Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2009, 05:48:13 AM »

I thought the "He" in the poll was Obama so I picked "he's a dick and I hope he fucks it up" before reading the OP.
Sorry :P

No prob.

As for gold... I just got done reading "Guide to investing in gold & silver", which is printed under the "Rich Dad/Poor Dad" collection.
All I can say is... WOW. It's like reading an episode of FTL, except it's the same meme being promulgated by people other than selfdescribed talk show dufuses.

I am no longer thinking about betting against IBM. I think it's a sure bet, but I think the opportunity cost of investing RIGHT FUCKING NOW in anything other than precious metals, is just too great.

And I had been buying ETFs. No more of that for me. Bullion, and Gold Eagles, or nothin'. Stocks I'll buy when they really start tanking.

Metals are eventually gonna go up.  But they're gonna come down first.  Governments all around the globe are changing their gold plays to capitalize themselves.  They don't have the loose change to play in it - otherwise it would stay high, because its cheap right now, so they SHOULD be buying it.  The private sector is no longer going 'long' in it, hedging against the market.  As both of these groups emerge from their gold hedge, and other investors are making market plays, it deflates, because nobody wants it.  Its not to say "NOBODY" wants it, thats silly, but its a supply-side economic issue, and it will fall. 

GOLD @ 800, DENISGODDARD!! 

I heard something in passing and it keeps nagging at me... I Forget where I heard it, but someone on tv was saying central banks are selling right now to keep prices reasonable because it's a panic trigger if people see gold double in price. I think that will only work for so long and sooner or later their willingness to play that game will flag, inflation will be hittng, and gold is gonna go up. That's why I have some long term gold options. Now that the price is down a bit I'm buying some more and if it drops again, I'll buy some more. Basically, I'm betting that gold will go over $950/oz. sometime before 2011. I suspect it will be in a few months and I'm thinking 1200 will be be pretty easy. With my leverage, that would be a 100% gain. A price of 1500/oz. would mean a 220% gain... and that's on my highest priced options of 3 I might hold.

Another idea regarding market manipulation... maybe they're flooding the market to keep prices low while they buy some up for their personal accounts, then they'll stop using government gold to flood the market, prices will go up quickly, that will lead to a panic buy session, pushing prices way up very fast at which point they will sell their personal stakes at a tidy profit before the market settled down below that level. I don't really think this is what is going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like it actually is.

Banks are not known for selling investments that will be worth substantially more in the near future. 

jeffersonish

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2009, 12:57:43 AM »

I heard something in passing and it keeps nagging at me... I Forget where I heard it, but someone on tv was saying central banks are selling right now to keep prices reasonable because it's a panic trigger if people see gold double in price. I think that will only work for so long and sooner or later their willingness to play that game will flag, inflation will be hittng, and gold is gonna go up. That's why I have some long term gold options. Now that the price is down a bit I'm buying some more and if it drops again, I'll buy some more. Basically, I'm betting that gold will go over $950/oz. sometime before 2011. I suspect it will be in a few months and I'm thinking 1200 will be be pretty easy. With my leverage, that would be a 100% gain. A price of 1500/oz. would mean a 220% gain... and that's on my highest priced options of 3 I might hold.

Another idea regarding market manipulation... maybe they're flooding the market to keep prices low while they buy some up for their personal accounts, then they'll stop using government gold to flood the market, prices will go up quickly, that will lead to a panic buy session, pushing prices way up very fast at which point they will sell their personal stakes at a tidy profit before the market settled down below that level. I don't really think this is what is going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like it actually is.

Banks are not known for selling investments that will be worth substantially more in the near future. 

If their entire business model (fiat money) is at risk, they might. A lot of people view the price of gold as an indicator that the banking system is in trouble and when a run begins, they have to print more money which devalues their other holdings.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2009, 01:56:01 PM »

On target for May 8th.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2009, 02:40:38 PM »

On target for May 8th.
What? ... did I miss the memo?

I'm on target for May 28th, but y'all don't know about that

Bill Brasky

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

On target for May 8th.
What? ... did I miss the memo?

I'm on target for May 28th, but y'all don't know about that

Nah, just haven't updated in a while.  I was way ahead for a while, then screwed the pooch in one deal, and decided to sit-a-spell and watch all the confusion of earnings releases settle out. 

This earnings stuff is very unpredictable, good is bad, up is down.  Makes no sense. 

Congrats on May 28th, whatever that is.  Going on vacation or something?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2009, 09:58:17 PM »

Congrats on May 28th, whatever that is.  Going on vacation or something?
Closing on a house.

Previous owner was a doctor who was in debt way over his head. Dumbasses go into debt for med school, then proceed to live way beyond their means despite earning six figures. Eventually they gotta sell the house in a panic, and take a painful haircut in the process. Oh well, them's the breaks, Doc!

We'll probably move mid-July. No sense rushing.

We got a nice big home, a separate room for each of the children, for visiting parents, and a separate office for me (very important since I work from home most days, and for 10+ hours per day), 7 acres of land. The kicker? The organizer of Liberty Forum will be one of our town selectmen. Sweet!

This is a big part of why I liquidated the tech stocks a few weeks ago -- needed cash for the down payment, as well as for the precious metals. We're putting quite a bit down so we'll have a mortgage we can comfortably pay for a long time, even if my salary were to dry up (which I don't expect to happen, but always include as a contingency in The Plan).

Next phase: wait for gold and silver to go back down, snatch up some more.
Then wait for tech stocks to rocket again, once all this bullshit about sun passes. Somewhere in the 12-24 months timeframe. Then do a same-day sale, and put the proceeds into... yeah, you guessed it, Real Money (tm).
And copper-jacketed lead.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2009, 10:17:54 PM »

Way to go Denis.  I'm happy for you, the wife and kids must be jazzed. 

jeffersonish

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »

There's a bottle of champagne in my fridge for ya Goddard!

blackie

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2009, 02:13:42 PM »

We got a nice big home, a separate room for each of the children, for visiting parents, and a separate office for me (very important since I work from home most days, and for 10+ hours per day), 7 acres of land. The kicker? The organizer of Liberty Forum will be one of our town selectmen. Sweet!
I only see one house in that town with 7 acres of land. Is the house brown with a red door?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »

I only see one house in that town with 7 acres of land. Is the house brown with a red door?
I knew I could count on you for the creepy obsessive googlemap, John :D
757 Penacook road, Hopkinton, NH
When you surveil, I'll save you some time by noting that the new hybrid Honda Civic is mine, just picked it up this week. Got a great deal on a showroom model.

Now back to the topic of the thread.... WTF?!?!
Stocks are going back up (NASDQ, as expected) but GLD and SLV are still way up. SLV is spiking. Damn! I need hose to go down at least for a few days...

Bill Brasky

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2009, 06:18:14 PM »

It looks like both are breaking to the downside after today.  There was a big rabble on bonds today, now it's old news, the market will absorb it and metals were running up to it on apprehension.  Its a fade after this.  Oil is finding resistance, too, which will slowly weep money out of the metals, no more hedge or fear trade for now.  Until the next plunge, which will have to be significant consolidation to raise metals.  Short interest will start to appear in metals again, banging it down. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2009, 06:27:12 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/prayer/prestonloyd.asp

Not to have that happen to me, thats my plan. Kid gets run over by lawn mower, esophagus is now connected to his rectum.

I wasnt aware that was even possible.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »

Look at how many organs are in the way for that to happen!
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Riddler

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/prayer/prestonloyd.asp

Not to have that happen to me, thats my plan. Kid gets run over by lawn mower, esophagus is now connected to his rectum.

an aquaintance/customer had her 8 yr old daughter die, when her scarf got caught in the snowblower...she was in a coma for a month, then died. (@ 1 yr ago, right before christmas)
horrible shit can happen to kids, with motorized mayhem about..

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

Updates to my plans!
I havent been active much on this site much due to being so busy and internet connection problems.
I moved into my gf's place according to plan, but much earlier than expected and in a great hurry.
I've got my own car.
Now I'm starting a business, I will be selling home, personal and business security products. Cameras (some great hidden ones), DVR systems, audio recorders, bug detectors, alarms, pepper spray, diversion safes, knives, etc. I'd sell tasers/stun guns too but I can't while living in WI (I dont want felony charges). Should be good. That's all offline to start with though perhaps I'll move it to online too when I get the internet issues worked out.

=anarchir=
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.