Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

Poll

Will he do it?  CAN he do it?  

HE WILL DO IT!
HE WILL FAIL MIGHTILY!
HE'S A DICK, AND I HOPE HE FUCKS IT UP.
I WISH I HAD A PLAN!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Plan Thread  (Read 58810 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: The Plan Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 04:32:36 AM »

What, are you scared of a little rabbit then too?

The symbolism of the rabbit in that piece is arguable. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 11:06:01 AM »

Update #3

Submitted paperwork to turbocharge The Plan. 

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »

Good luck with what ever it is, Brasky.   :D

Also, I have a goal.  It is to move by the end of this year.  To a place far away.  Most people call it Chicago.   :P

Chicago sucks.  Tell Jizzy to leave that horrid place.

Haha.  You ever been to Florida?  It's the worst, man.  Like Brasky said, I need positivity - and Florida is just not it.  People are nasty and rude everywhere, but there's no...life here.  Everyone is old.  I'm young, and I want to...live.  Not just go to work and come home everyday and all of that monotony.  There is literally very little to nothing to do here.  I'm excited because of the plans to move.  I'm excited because I'm finally happy for the first time in a long time.   :D

You know Lindsey, I just realized why I don't like Florida. It's the monotony of the weather. And it turns people boring.

Yeah, the weather is not good.  I miss seasons, and I'm in my underwear and a cami right now, and I'm sweating.  I have no idea why.  It's only about 70 degrees here...but that's part of the reason for my goal.  I LIKE Chicago.  I like being up north.  And you're right...it IS boring.  I don't want to be boring! 

I guess I should feel lucky, we have two seasons hot and fucking hot here in the desert of Phoenix
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »

Also, I have a goal.  It is to move by the end of this year.  To a place far away.  Most people call it Chicago.   :P

Haha.  You ever been to Florida?  It's the worst, man.  Like Brasky said, I need positivity - and Florida is just not it.  People are nasty and rude everywhere, but there's no...life here.  Everyone is old.  I'm young, and I want to...live.  Not just go to work and come home everyday and all of that monotony.  There is literally very little to nothing to do here.  I'm excited because of the plans to move.  I'm excited because I'm finally happy for the first time in a long time.   :D

You know Lindsey, I just realized why I don't like Florida. It's the monotony of the weather. And it turns people boring.

Yeah, the weather is not good.  I miss seasons, and I'm in my underwear and a cami right now, and I'm sweating.  I have no idea why.  It's only about 70 degrees here...but that's part of the reason for my goal.  I LIKE Chicago.  I like being up north.  And you're right...it IS boring.  I don't want to be boring! 

I guess I should feel lucky, we have two seasons hot and fucking hot here in the desert of Phoenix

Thats better than cold and fucking cold.  Which is why I ruled out Alaska from my short list. 

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »

Thats better than cold and fucking cold.  Which is why I ruled out Alaska from my short list. 
I though I was ok with hot being from Texas, boy was I wrong. I have lived in the north also, and I must say that I have started a plan to move to NH.

davann

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 01:02:51 PM »

There are parts of Alaska that are not so bad, I'm told, such as Sitka. Still gets cold in winter but not as harsh as the very Northern and middle lower 48.

Then again everything is expensive due to the location remoteness.

Riddler

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »

but it's a dry heat..........
better than humid-ass + hot

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2009, 04:47:19 PM »

This is actually true.  Being outside in 90 degree heat in Texas will have me melting in minutes.  But we went hiking outside of Las Vegas in 105 degree heat and felt just fine. 

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »

So is a microwave oven

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »

This is actually true.  Being outside in 90 degree heat in Texas will have me melting in minutes.  But we went hiking outside of Las Vegas in 105 degree heat and felt just fine. 

Yea, I hear that a lot, but try 118F

Riddler

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2009, 10:55:23 PM »

ok, nuroman..
riddle me this>>>>.
how many months of the year give you intolerable heat?
how many months of the year can you keep your meat?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2009, 11:54:30 PM »

There are parts of Alaska that are not so bad, I'm told, such as Sitka. Still gets cold in winter but not as harsh as the very Northern and middle lower 48.

What you need to do is research climatological data, and compare heating degree days.

If a town in Wisconsin hits highs of 82 in the summer, and a town in Alaska hits 74 as a high, that does not mean they are comparable. 

What matters is the number of days the average is below 65. 

In Wisconsin, the average may be below 65 for eight months a year.  In Alaska, the average is below 65 for 11 months, and the lows are much more significant. 

Any Wisconsinite or Michigander who knows his shit would not piffle at the severity of Northern cold, and would be a fool to underestimate a harder, longer climate.

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2009, 01:27:04 AM »

ok, nuroman..
riddle me this>>>>.
how many months of the year give you intolerable heat?
how many months of the year can you keep your meat?

davann

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2009, 10:12:47 AM »

What you need to do is research climatological data, and compare heating degree days.

If a town in Wisconsin hits highs of 82 in the summer, and a town in Alaska hits 74 as a high, that does not mean they are comparable. 

What matters is the number of days the average is below 65. 

In Wisconsin, the average may be below 65 for eight months a year.  In Alaska, the average is below 65 for 11 months, and the lows are much more significant. 

Any Wisconsinite or Michigander who knows his shit would not piffle at the severity of Northern cold, and would be a fool to underestimate a harder, longer climate.

I toyed with the idea of retiring to Alaska pre-FSP. My niece started college in Sitka and she is the one that informed me it was not as bad as Madison, WI. I was merely going off her word and never really investigated the specifics. The area is visually spectacular.

The blood thickens or thins according to the local weather. If 65 is the average high in summer, one would get used to it and it would become comfortable. For me 110 - 118 seems comfortable, but I am in hell when it drops a degree below 50.

Is your plan to become a full time licensed trader?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2009, 12:08:42 PM »

I toyed with the idea of retiring to Alaska pre-FSP. My niece started college in Sitka and she is the one that informed me it was not as bad as Madison, WI. I was merely going off her word and never really investigated the specifics. The area is visually spectacular.

The blood thickens or thins according to the local weather. If 65 is the average high in summer, one would get used to it and it would become comfortable. For me 110 - 118 seems comfortable, but I am in hell when it drops a degree below 50.

Is your plan to become a full time licensed trader?

I like Alaska. 

I work in the energy industry, so I see a lot of data that involves climate.  The primary consideration with climate is how many days a year the average is below 65 F, because you have to spend energy to keep the house warm for normal human comfort.  If the high was 70 and the low was 50, the average would be 60, right?  Thats a difference of -5 from 65. 

They add those days up, every day, and do all sorts of calculations with those numbers.  It translates into the recommended R factor of your insulation and the size of your furnace. 

Since the numbers are in all ways greater in Alaska, that means you need a hardier furnace.  Basically, its like saying you need more horsepower to pull a heavier load.  Which, of course, burns more fuel.  And fuel is money. 

Changing the inside temp from -10 F to 65 F is an adjustment of 75 degrees.  That is some serious BTUs.  They have to do it more days per year in AK, and from lower lows. I don't have the specific heating numbers, but I know just by knowing, they would be significant. 

Naturally, your niece wouldn't think in those terms, most people don't.  She's just a college girl, I wouldn't expect her to do anything but wear warm clothes and turn the thermostat up.  And like most people, she wouldn't be going outside in the more severe lows, when its in the bottom numbers.  But if you were to run those numerical comparisons, you'd most likely see a really big difference. 

--

Licensed trader?  No.  I'm trading my ass off, to be sure.  I haven't tried to disguise or hide that fact.  But I'm just doing it from home, average joe picking the low-hanging fruit.  When I really get the techniques down I'll probably start posting spreadsheets or maybe make a Twittering community if other people are interested in getting out of the rat race.  I'm only making a few trades a week right now, because there are rules to trading.  I just applied for a margin contract so I can pattern day-trade and short.  That should speed things up a bit. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 38 queries.