Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

Poll

Will he do it?  CAN he do it?  

HE WILL DO IT!
HE WILL FAIL MIGHTILY!
HE'S A DICK, AND I HOPE HE FUCKS IT UP.
I WISH I HAD A PLAN!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Plan Thread  (Read 58783 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: The Plan Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 08:53:43 AM »

When you move, be sure to keep your eyes open for Mr. Chi-City.

HAHA. Lindz fo reals...he is the shit, ya hurd?

My only plan currently is to get out of debt and get my fucking passport. finally.

Hahaha, right.   :P

Oh...debt...yes.  A good plan is to get out of that.  I've had that plan as well.  ARGH. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »

My plans are a little less ambitious today, now that I have a few days off. 

I'm gonna watch TV, fiddle around with some geek stuff, wash clothes, drink several Heinekens later - I might even break out my pewter glass-bottomed monogrammed mug. 

Under normal conditions, the mug is cheezy.  But it's old, so its got a burnished character to it, and I like it. 

I have a cheese steak thats made from chipped steak. 

I guess thats about it. 

But I gotta stay sharp.  Gotta stay focused.  Tomorrow, The Plan starts to roll. 

I have decided to call it   Operation: Gridiron.

well, as long as you didn't pull an ''ecolitan'', and try to disguise hamburger as steak, i'd say you're well on your way to success, grasshopper.
you have snatched the pebbles from my hand....
go now

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 02:02:56 PM »

My plans are a little less ambitious today, now that I have a few days off. 

I'm gonna watch TV, fiddle around with some geek stuff, wash clothes, drink several Heinekens later - I might even break out my pewter glass-bottomed monogrammed mug. 

Under normal conditions, the mug is cheezy.  But it's old, so its got a burnished character to it, and I like it. 

I have a cheese steak thats made from chipped steak. 

I guess thats about it. 

But I gotta stay sharp.  Gotta stay focused.  Tomorrow, The Plan starts to roll. 

I have decided to call it   Operation: Gridiron.

well, as long as you didn't pull an ''ecolitan'', and try to disguise hamburger as steak, i'd say you're well on your way to success, grasshopper.
you have snatched the pebbles from my hand....
go now

I had to cook a "steak" for someone the other day that consisted of a giant hamburger patty. (at work)
Disgusting, but its what he wanted to eat. I would rather have a real hamburger or a real prime rib or sirloin steak.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »

Update #1 on Operation: Gridiron

Reached my target that was due on March 27th. 

davann

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:56 AM »

Good luck brask... I have no idea what your plan is. Just wild guesses. Is it a child? The time frame seems to fit, but a wild guess. I voted He will do it! Ether way, you are still my second hero, behind the Christian Anarchist of course.

For Linds, Chicago does have great museums. And I agree with the idea that static weather makes people boring. Chi-town might be great for you. But, there is always a but, as I say at the poker table "it's not the seat, it's the sitter". Meaning, you can make any place your own. Just own it, or in interwebs speak pwnd it.

Again, been drinking. Hope that all came off as nice and not prick like.

I too have a plan. My on going love/hate affair with PX90 is on going. Not going as well as I had wished for, but still going. I plan on by Christmas to be able to show myself on the Show Yourself thread. With six pack abs and all.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 12:34:15 AM »

Brasky has two daughters...I'm pretty sure it isn't a child.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 06:53:44 AM »

Good luck brask... I have no idea what your plan is. Just wild guesses. Is it a child? The time frame seems to fit, but a wild guess. I voted He will do it! Ether way, you are still my second hero, behind the Christian Anarchist of course.

For Linds, Chicago does have great museums. And I agree with the idea that static weather makes people boring. Chi-town might be great for you. But, there is always a but, as I say at the poker table "it's not the seat, it's the sitter". Meaning, you can make any place your own. Just own it, or in interwebs speak pwnd it.

Again, been drinking. Hope that all came off as nice and not prick like.

I too have a plan. My on going love/hate affair with PX90 is on going. Not going as well as I had wished for, but still going. I plan on by Christmas to be able to show myself on the Show Yourself thread. With six pack abs and all.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Davann.  I appreciate the good vibe. 

Good luck with the exercise.  I was talking to a gym rat this weekend, he thinks thats probably the best instructional program out there. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 04:29:05 PM »

Update #2 on Operation: Gridiron

Reached target due on April 10th.  (Good Friday)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »

That's great!

But if you're reaching multiple goals this far ahead of schedule... maybe you should challenge yourself a bit more?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2009, 05:19:06 PM »

I've gained 30 lb. in the past three years.  Thanks, degree program with a highly sedentary and hermetic lifestyle. 

Boyfriend and I plan to lose at least 20 pounds each before the end of the year.  I'd like to aim for more if possible, but I'm not sure what is realistic.  Joy, any recipes you can offer for meals which are filling and nutritious without being high in bad fat would be most welcome....especially if they're easy to make.  I'm planning to hit Whole Foods hardcore soon and load up on quinoa, baby garbonzo beans, brown rice, orzo pasta, stuff like that.  Steamed veggies rock also.  I loves me some steamed broccoli. 

When I lived in Dallas last-- five years ago-- I would get up at 5am four days a week, go to the Y and swim laps or do weights class, come back home and shower, and then go to work and be energetic as hell all day.  I'd love to get back to that, only this time with a healthier diet as well. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:21:41 PM by Rillion »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »

I've gained 30 lb. in the past three years.  Thanks, degree program with a highly sedentary and hermetic lifestyle. 

Boyfriend and I plan to lose at least 20 pounds each before the end of the year.  I'd like to aim for more if possible, but I'm not sure what is realistic.  Joy, any recipes you can offer for meals which are filling and nutritious without being high in bad fat would be most welcome....especially if they're easy to make.  I'm planning to hit Whole Foods hardcore soon and load up on quinoa, baby garbonzo beans, brown rice, orzo pasta, stuff like that.  Steamed veggies rock also.  I loves me some steamed broccoli. 

When I lived in Dallas last-- five years ago-- I would get up at 5am four days a week, go to the Y and swim laps or do weights class, come back home and shower, and then go to work and be energetic as hell all day.  I'd love to get back to that, only this time with a healthier diet as well. 

You're talking about a 2-2.5 pound loss each month, which is a very reasonable goal. You can do that with just moderate changes. Replace a few high calorie foods with healthier choices. Or still indulge in the good stuff (my fave - anything with butter or cream), but have smaller portions. That gets you a long way to your goal - but you already know that, so I'll move on to something more helpful.

I'll pull together a few of my favorite food bloggers in a PM - tomorrow, if I have the chance. A couple of them are also pretty serious about the exercise, so they have an overall healthy approach, not just healthy/delicious food. I have one or two great cookbooks I've either picked up, or put on my wish list, and I'll send those names too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2009, 06:46:49 PM »

That's great!

But if you're reaching multiple goals this far ahead of schedule... maybe you should challenge yourself a bit more?

Hi.  

They're realistic goals.  I'm outperforming them.  It might average out and slow down.  It might stop completely for a week next time I work midnights.  

I have two real goals, Christmas and August.  These are like mile markers to keep my pace.  Consider it a marathon.  I'm sprinting because the climate is like running on the moon, but I can't expect that to continue.  I need reasonable points to chart my progress.  

If I continue to consistently outperform, thats okay.  August will be June, and Christmas will be August.  

And then I can unleash Phase II of Operation: Gridiron

Riddler

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »

That's great!

Hi.  

They're realistic goals.  I'm outperforming them.  It might average out and slow down.  It might stop completely for a week next time I work midnights.  

I have two real goals, Christmas and August.  These are like mile markers to keep my pace.  Consider it a marathon.  I'm sprinting because the climate is like running on the moon, but I can't expect that to continue.  I need reasonable points to chart my progress.  

If I continue to consistently outperform, thats okay.  August will be June, and Christmas will be August.  

And then I can unleash Phase II of Operation: Gridiron

holy shit dude...
are you (not that you'd be inclined to divulge) a member of S.P.E.C.T.R.E??
maybe you've been effectively hiding the insidious, ..."MUUAHHHAHHAAHHHAHAAAAAHAAA", after your posts (although, there was the cowboyish, not-necessarily-james-bond-alerting...."YEEEEAHHH", in the dow thread)
is there a, DR. NO-type plan???
perhaps,more a GOLDFINGER-esque plan....

Bill Brasky

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

holy shit dude...
are you (not that you'd be inclined to divulge) a member of S.P.E.C.T.R.E??
maybe you've been effectively hiding the insidious, ..."MUUAHHHAHHAAHHHAHAAAAAHAAA", after your posts (although, there was the cowboyish, not-necessarily-james-bond-alerting...."YEEEEAHHH", in the dow thread)
is there a, DR. NO-type plan???
perhaps,more a GOLDFINGER-esque plan....

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 08:27:56 PM »

What, are you scared of a little rabbit then too?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Plan Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.