Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The N Word
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The N Word  (Read 3883 times)

jeffersonish

The N Word
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:52:25 PM »

It occurred to me the other day that if we aren't allowed to use the N word, eventually someone will use it accidentally because they didn't know THAT was the N word... they will have assumed it was some other word like noob.

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
Re: The N Word
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 05:26:34 AM »

The so-called anti-racists over here has found a good term for such cases: Subconcious racist. The idea is that if you're white, you are really a racist wether you know it or not. This term was coined after a media frenzy a couple of years ago, when a somali who got knocked down by another black dude in a park, was refused help by the ambulance that arrived on the scene. This whole thing turned into a shitstorm in the media that lasted for a year or so, and the ambulance personell involved were publicly denounced as racists by everyone from pressure groups to parliament members to cabinet members. They were found to have acted racist by the state's ombudsman for discrimination in a process that was nowhere near anything that could resemble a trial.
The farce actually culminated in ambulances being obstructed on their way to accident scenes by cars and pedestrians, and random personell recieved threats by random people.

After the persecution had been going on for a long time, the other side of the story finally got out. The personell involved had misjudged the situation and thought the somali was really high on something, and did not see that he was actually severely injured from knocking his head on the ground in the fall. Shit happens, people are sometimes wrong.

These guys had been working for ten and fifteen years for the ambulance service with absolutely no complaints and no accusations of racism. That's when the evil fucking morons in the so-called anti-racist movement coined the term subconcious racist, so that they could be right even when they were wrong. Fucking assholes!

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:14:58 PM »

The so-called anti-racists over here

there are plenty of 'em.
even talking about ''black'' issues, makes their hair stand on end.....alrm bells, red lights....

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »

These guys had been working for ten and fifteen years for the ambulance service with absolutely no complaints and no accusations of racism. That's when the evil fucking morons in the so-called anti-racist movement coined the term subconcious racist, so that they could be right even when they were wrong. Fucking assholes!

Freud wins, even from beyond the grave....

AbstractVagabond

• Mind Navigator
  • He sees you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »

I once used the N-Word at a job interview for Great America in Santa Clara accidentally back in 1988. Because the job was seasonal (still is), it was an interview to return for a second season at the place. We got into the discussion of the company uniforms and I talked about how my uniform consisted of knickers... only that my vocal chords decided not to say "knickers". Coincidentally, this would also go down as a response to any "most embarrassing thing done at a job interview" thread.
Insert soapbox here.

Riddler

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 11:53:55 PM »

I once used the N-Word at a job interview for Great America in Santa Clara accidentally back in 1988. Because the job was seasonal (still is), it was an interview to return for a second season at the place. We got into the discussion of the company uniforms and I talked about how my uniform consisted of knickers... only that my vocal chords decided not to say "knickers". Coincidentally, this would also go down as a response to any "most embarrassing thing done at a job interview" thread.

how did that happen?

"i ain't gonna wear no niggers" ?????

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 08:31:11 AM »

I used it yesterday! Fuck people that don't want me to use the word nigger. If they can't see that I am using it in a different context fuck them on their fucking birthday.

Sample 1: "He is a racist, he referred to black people as niggers."

Sample 2: "I hate you nigger!"

One is racist the other is not.

patrickj

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »

I have a lot of black friends, and one thing that historically has gotten under my skin is that some of them give certain white people a "black card" (not literally) that allows them to say nigger without social retribution. 

I say this because it is contradictory to anti racism views that they also hold. 

Riddler

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »

I have a lot of black friends, and one thing that historically has gotten under my skin is that some of them give certain white people a "black card" (not literally) that allows them to say nigger without social retribution. 

I say this because it is contradictory to anti racism views that they also hold. 

nigga, please

Riddler

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »

I used it yesterday! Fuck people that don't want me to use the word nigger. If they can't see that I am using it in a different context fuck them on their fucking birthday.

negroe, you gahtsta learn da rules.....
you leave the ''er'' of da end, otherwise, you sound like a mississippi-redneck-'racist'

example:
"hey, my nigger" (derogatory)

"hey, my nigga" (friendly)

see?

end of lesson #1

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »

This has actually recently been the subject of a huge, angry public debate over here. The word "neger" has been used to describe black people for a long, long time. It can be used in a derogatory way, a neutral way or a positive way depending of what is communicated. I still use it, it's part of my language, it always has been, a perfectly neutral word to use whenever one would need a word to describe a person with the physical characeteristics originating from Africa south of Sahara.

- Wow, check out that guy's cool pants!
- What guy? The one with the red hair?
- No, the neger

Nothing evil or racist about that, but somehow some pressure groups like African Youth Norway and the so-called "anti racist movement" have gotten the idea that the word itself is racist and evil. For some strange reason I'm supposed to refer to a neger, born and bred Norwegian as an African. That's dumb. And damn intolerant. It's become like if you can claim to be a "minority", it's how you percieve things that matter even if your perception differs from the intention of the people actually saying the words. I really think that's the real racism, to label someone as a "minority" and then using a different set of standards for them than for everyone else.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 02:39:24 PM »

Some words are just really inappropriate.....

[youtube=425,350]f0IVuGK7sAw[/youtube]

Riddler

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »

The word "neger" has been used to describe black people for a long, long time.

how is it pronounced?

"neeger"?

Riddler

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »

[youtube=425,350]f0IVuGK7sAw[/youtube]

this motherfucker looks disturbed.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »

Clever!
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The N Word

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.