Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Legal System In A Free Society
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legal System In A Free Society  (Read 5833 times)

jackliberty

• Jack Liberty
    • View Profile
    • Jack Liberty
The Legal System In A Free Society
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »

How exactly would it work?
Check out the latest liberty-related news at JackLiberty.com!

Major Jizz

• View Profile
Re: The Legal System In A Free Society
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:07:46 PM »

How exactly would it work?

The same way it does now, but the judges would have to be volunteers and unpaid. That would cut at least half of the corruption right there.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »

You and the person you are in dispute with agree to sign a paper of legally binding arbitration.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »

There are already private courts and private judges, known as arbitrators. Some people dissatisfied with having to wait months for a government court date, instead opt for a binding private court. Works well.

In a free society, this system would replace government courts. Businesses would require that you agree to arbitration from a mutually agreed upon neutral arbitrator (as is the case now). Should you decide not to do so, then they probably won't risk engaging in business with you.

If someone commits a crime against a person or their property, then the contracted protection agency will take such action as required to apprehend you. You're own protection company (and you'd be crazy not to have subscribed to one) will see to it that you are fairly treated and fairly tried. (Obviously, if they don't do this for their customers, they will lose business very quickly.)
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Bill Brasky

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »

If someone commits a crime against a person or their property, then the contracted protection agency will take such action as required to apprehend you. You're own protection company (and you'd be crazy not to have subscribed to one) will see to it that you are fairly treated and fairly tried. (Obviously, if they don't do this for their customers, they will lose business very quickly.)

I'd subscribe to the really expensive one owned by Dick Cheney, and everyone who pissed me off would get a trip to the bottom in a shark cage. 

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:23:24 AM »

There are already private courts and private judges, known as arbitrators. Some people dissatisfied with having to wait months for a government court date, instead opt for a binding private court. Works well.

In a free society, this system would replace government courts. Businesses would require that you agree to arbitration from a mutually agreed upon neutral arbitrator (as is the case now). Should you decide not to do so, then they probably won't risk engaging in business with you.

this

and if you lose your case or refuse to go to arbitration, you would lose reputation rating or whatever if reputation rating exist kind of like Credit score

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 03:16:05 AM »

Judge Judy is a private court I believe. It is a voluntary one at the very least where everyone involved (judge, plaintiff, defendant) leaves richer than they entered the room.

Wanna get pissed off about the legal system? Watch "Parking Wars" (tv show).  A guy had his car impounded in State A for not having it registered plus having too many tickets. He goes to his home State B to register it but they refuse as in that state he is required to have the car physically there for registration. He goes back to State A and after a couple of hours they tell him he needs to go back to State B, find someone in charge, have that person call the impound lot and release the car. And it all needs to be timed right, and be done before the car goes to auction (21 days after it was impounded, 1 day after the guy attempted to get it out).

All this came after they had to fix a $1000+ error on the ticket bill which the guy noticed after plugging up the numbers and noticed their math was horribly off.

Crazy! His friend was saying "This is Extortion and Fraud!" and he was totally right.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:32:21 AM »

this

and if you lose your case or refuse to go to arbitration, you would lose reputation rating or whatever if reputation rating exist kind of like Credit score

The reputation and arbitration concept is absurd.  Anybody who believes in it is an idiot.  A bonafide, skullfucked idiot.

I would love to see some of you people push your money into an arbitration agency.  I would laugh my balls off. 

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:43 AM »

this

The reputation and arbitration concept is absurd.  Anybody who believes in it is an idiot.  A bonafide, skullfucked idiot.

I would love to see some of you people push your money into an arbitration agency.  I would laugh my balls off. 

I already have. Its called the Beit Din system, and although it has its problems, given the current legal climate, they are quite good at what they do.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »

this

I already have. Its called the Beit Din system, and although it has its problems, given the current legal climate, they are quite good at what they do.

How exactly have they benefited you? 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 04:36:53 AM »

A beth din, beit din or beis din (Hebrew: בית דין, "house of judgment"; plural battei din) is a rabbinical court of Judaism. In ancient times, it was the building block of the legal system in the Land of Israel. Today, it is invested with legal powers in a number of religious matters (din Torah, "matter of litigation," plural dinei Torah) both in Israel and in Jewish communities in the Diaspora, where its judgments hold varying degrees of authority (depending upon the jurisdiction and subject matter) in matters specifically germane to Jewish religious life.

Horseshit.  Those faggots would get a pool cue upside the head. 

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 04:40:47 AM »

A beth din, beit din or beis din (Hebrew: בית דין, "house of judgment"; plural battei din) is a rabbinical court of Judaism. In ancient times, it was the building block of the legal system in the Land of Israel. Today, it is invested with legal powers in a number of religious matters (din Torah, "matter of litigation," plural dinei Torah) both in Israel and in Jewish communities in the Diaspora, where its judgments hold varying degrees of authority (depending upon the jurisdiction and subject matter) in matters specifically germane to Jewish religious life.

?

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 04:47:55 AM »

?

? My Ass

Bring them onto my lawn. 

Dude, if I fucked you over in any sort of a dispute.  And you tried to fix it with them, it would hold no authority over me.  It requires me to acknowledge their authority, and they have none. 

I don't give a fuck what they want. 

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »

I'd subscribe to the really expensive one owned by Dick Cheney, and everyone who pissed me off would get a trip to the bottom in a shark cage. 

The rich already get preferential treatment in the public legal system. They just hire a powerful politically-connected lawyer to represent them. What--you think OJ really was innocent?

In any case, it's highly doubtful that Cheney's DRO would have many other companies willing to deal with it, since it would have a bad rep for shenanigans.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

davann

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »

?

? My Ass

Bring them onto my lawn. 

Dude, if I fucked you over in any sort of a dispute.  And you tried to fix it with them, it would hold no authority over me.  It requires me to acknowledge their authority, and they have none. 

I don't give a fuck what they want. 

Thus the up front agreement before conducting a business deal. Not sure how this would work for non-business interactions, like say a dispute between neighbors over something random.

Also, I do not buy into the negative rating system if one does not keep their end of the original agreement. There are plenty of people out there with horrible credit scores. Those scores might slow them down a little but they still manage to get loans that they never have any intentions of repaying.

Nope, a free market solution is going to require a real punishment with guns enforcing it to work.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Legal System In A Free Society

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.