Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Fun Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Fun Theory  (Read 2966 times)

Lothar

• View Profile
The Fun Theory
« on: October 15, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »

davann

Re: The Fun Theory
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:00:38 PM »

That is rather cool. If only governments could learn and practice this theory.

"Don't do drugs because it is far more fun to do this!" Not sure what "this" would be, but this would be a far better approach then the "Get on the ground fuck stain!" one.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »

It's a Volkswagen ad. Just an FYI.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »

either way.  the world needs more piano stairs.

also...are people even supposed to stand still on escalators?  I've been under the impression that you are not meant to let the thing carry you, but use it as a means to escalate the speed at which you are moving.  people shouldn't be allowed to fucking just stand there.
Do yourself a favor.

BonerJoe

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 12:37:36 PM »

I rarely see people walking on them. I seem to be the only one most of the time.

rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »

and I Hate those people.  I hate the people that just stand on the moving walkways in the airport, and they have their own side!
Do yourself a favor.

BonerJoe

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 12:45:01 PM »

I think it's fun to walk on them.

I AM SUPERHUMAN

dc0de

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »

that would get really annoying if every set of stairs was like that.

Also, I like how escalators are at the moment(at least in the UK): everyone who stands still goes to the side and those few of us who like to pretend to be superhuman(cheers, BonerJoe) can go up the other side. If it was normal for people to walk up them then the slow people wouldn't get to the side to let the fast people past, so it would inevitably be slowed down by some old person who takes several seconds over each step.

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 12:54:21 PM »

Scientific explanation:

Europeans are ghey.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

First thought: Cool!

Second thought: Well......yeah, people are more likely to do things that are fun.  This is a "theory"?  

Third thought:  Sure, they'll take the stairs if the stairs are musical.  They'll also dance around on the stairs, getting in the way of other people who are just trying to go up or down.  That will get super annoying during rush hour, and sooner or later you're going to have people getting punched because they were playing Chopsticks while somebody was trying to get to work.  Or worse, knock them down the stairs-- which would be a very musical way of getting seriously injured. 

Being practical is a buzzkill sometimes.  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:31:53 PM by Rillion »

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »

also...are people even supposed to stand still on escalators?  I've been under the impression that you are not meant to let the thing carry you, but use it as a means to escalate the speed at which you are moving.  people shouldn't be allowed to fucking just stand there.

If you want to stand, you just stay on one side of the escalator. Walkers on right, standers on left. Although there are lazy people out there, some non lazy people have harder days than others. Cut um some slack.

I used to work on a construction site in San Francisco located at the top of a 4 story building with no elevator. I would have to go up and down all damn day bringing materials to the jobsite. After work I would take the subway home to Berkeley. I would be damned if I was going to walk up any more stairs.
Pocho

rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 02:14:32 AM »

If you want to stand, you just stay on one side of the escalator. Walkers on right, standers on left. Although there are lazy people out there, some non lazy people have harder days than others. Cut um some slack.

I used to work on a construction site in San Francisco located at the top of a 4 story building with no elevator. I would have to go up and down all damn day bringing materials to the jobsite. After work I would take the subway home to Berkeley. I would be damned if I was going to walk up any more stairs.

then escalators should be wider.

I can sympathize with the situation you described.  It's mostly the fatties and the uglies that bug me, but mostly the fatties.

....I am suddenly reminded of a snapshot I have somewhat relevant to this topic.  I'll have to dig it up.

btw....you can win whatever 1500 euros if you can help Volks Wagen manifest their next "Fun Theory" Ad idea.
Do yourself a favor.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 01:03:17 PM »

then escalators should be wider.

I can sympathize with the situation you described.  It's mostly the fatties and the uglies that bug me, but mostly the fatties.

The ones where I live are wide enough.

I hear you about the uglies, they bug me even when there is no escalators. I just wish they would stop breeding. :P
Pocho
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Fun Theory

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.