Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The FSP is a religion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The FSP is a religion  (Read 30245 times)

JWI

Re: The FSP is dead
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »

[As much as I disagree with Dave P. R. of S. on some things, I do like his idea of just getting it over with and starting over.  

Damn.

They don't have a smilely face for blushing.

:oops:  I think this qualifies.

I'm deleting this thread because you talked to him.

k

Jetfire

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »

fuck man everyones gotta bitch and moan why something isnt working or how horrible its going but as far as
I can tell I would rather be surrounded by people who have something going on. Activism, Liberty forums and
all that. California sucks and I cant get that kinda mindset around here much. Maybe it wont work or succeed
but I'd rather try something then just sit on my ass listening to all these fuckin people screaming change and
stability is gonna come just cuz obama got elected. Fuckin ignorant people just spout what they hear around
 here without looking at everything and its that ignorance I can't stand. I would rather be apart of something
 that fails and stands for what I believe in with my effort invested as much as possible then be alone and sit on
 my ass doing nothing. People dont take the FSP seriously cuz people just drop it off as a lost cause and give it
 no merit or credibility. Do what you can for what you believe in or stfu and let the other people do there thing
instead of being a critic.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 02:28:26 AM by Dave »

BonerJoe

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2009, 02:18:05 AM »

Paragraphs. Thx.

davann

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2009, 06:48:14 AM »

fuck man everyones gotta bitch and moan why something isnt working or how horrible its going but as far as
I can tell I would rather be surrounded by people who have something going on. Activism, Liberty forums and
all that. California sucks and I cant get that kinda mindset around here much. Maybe it wont work or succeed
but I'd rather try something then just sit on my ass listening to all these fuckin people screaming change and
stability is gonna come just cuz obama got elected. Fuckin ignorant people just spout what they hear around
 here without looking at everything and its that ignorance I can't stand. I would rather be apart of something
 that fails and stands for what I believe in with my effort invested as much as possible then be alone and sit on
 my ass doing nothing. People dont take the FSP seriously cuz people just drop it off as a lost cause and give it
 no merit or credibility. Do what you can for what you believe in or stfu and let the other people do there thing
instead of being a critic.

Don't let the negative nancys get you down. Who cares what they think? Do your own thing. If the FSP sounds like a good idea to you, as it does to me, then just do it. The Liberty Alliance is reason enough to move.

"They haven't reached their stated goal. blah blah blah." Rinse, and repeat every 5  days. My guess is if they follow the same hard and fast rules they expect from the FSP they must be horrible failures in life. Quitting on a goal simply because it was not reached by the initial planned time frame does not seem very productive to me.

By not setting my goals in stone has worked so far for me and I am fairly comfortable and happy where I am at in life. To each their own.

Geoff

• View Profile
    • The Bay County Libertarian Party
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »

all this naysaying is making me cry  :(

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2009, 12:18:50 PM »

As 311 would say..."fuck the naysayers cuz they don't mean a thing, and this is what style we bring"  :)

I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2009, 12:30:46 PM »

As 311 would say..."fuck the naysayers cuz they don't mean a thing, and this is what style we bring"  :)

I love 311.  I seen them in concert a few times.  Great show. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

blackie

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

"The FSP is your only chance for liberty in your lifetime" is naysaying.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2009, 12:55:59 PM »

I love 311.  I seen them in concert a few times.  Great show. 

Me too...reminds me of younger (stoner) days.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Dave P. R. of S.

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2009, 01:03:23 PM »

Geoff/Keels,

When you go to a concert today, can you smoke a joint there?

I quit going back when they started searching people to get in.  You could still smoke in a building back in those days.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »

Geoff/Keels,

When you go to a concert today, can you smoke a joint there?

I quit going back when they started searching people to get in.  You could still smoke in a building back in those days.

If I go to a show now I will just do it before the show, or on the way there. No sense in getting busted by the concert "police." I haven't really gone to a big show like that in a loooong time. I like to keep it small now, preferably independent venues.

I got tired of "opening my purse" for the rent-a-cop at the major venues.

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

I'm with fatcat on this. Not because I have anythign against the FSP or anything. I think they're doing a good job. But I'm more interested in switzerland because I'm Swiss myself haha. My family in Switzerland dates back to at least 1550 (my family tree doesn't record back any farther than that but I'm sure it extended well beyong the 1550's).

Parts of Switzerland are better starting places for liberty in my mind. They have much more freedom on most issues, they aren't trying to maintain an empire (a key reason our freedom in america is dwindling), the war on drugs is much more low-key (the other key issue in america), very low taxes, much more representative government (if you're into that sort of thing)

The only problems I see are the fact that the stupid French Cantons have been pushing for EU membership. Thankfully the majority of the people don't want that. And the other problem I see with "free state Switzerland" type of thing is that Swiss people seem to be suspicious of outsiders coming in to change their society. I would imagine an organization as official as the FSP wouldn't be very well recieved.

So the answer is move there yourself and live your life as if you were free...you won't be free of course but it will be much easier to pretend in Switzerland than it is anywhere in America.

Again, nothing against the FSP. I think, in America, they are best option for liberty.

Jetfire

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »

I hear that but at least if I move to NH i wont have to deal with as much ignorance. I can socialize with people who actually have some common sense.

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »

I hear that but at least if I move to NH i wont have to deal with as much ignorance. I can socialize with people who actually have some common sense.

agreeeeeed haha. Where I live, it's just me, my wife, my brother, and his girlfriend. Everyone else I know is a statist on some level.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2009, 01:33:42 PM »

I fully support the concept of the FSP.

I do NOT support the FSP itself, though, because they have been demonstrably dishonest, and when confronted about it, get even more dishonest, and hostile, and dismissive, and never ever ever admit that there was dishonesty.

Fuck liars and manipulators.

SPECIAL NOTE - I am not speaking about FSP participants, I am talking about the mouthpieces and organizers.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The FSP is a religion

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.