Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The FSP is a religion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The FSP is a religion  (Read 30257 times)

JWI

Re: The FSP is dead
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2009, 11:56:04 PM »

* 6 FSPers (4 movers + 2 before-the-vote) elected as State Rep. That's more Libertarians in higher office than anywhere else in the USA.

That will fix everything.  More (fill in the blank) in higher office.

Come fucking on.  Are you serious?  Sure sounds like doing the same thing, over and over again...

If we just elect different people to control us and make our decisions...

The FSP doesn't seem like it is about just electing different people to control us. The folks doing CDO in Keene are just one example.

To be honest, I worry about the image that is created by some of what they do, but I support them anyway. I would show up at their trial and / or visit them in jail.  I would do whatever it takes to help their families and loved ones if they were imprisoned.  

Most activities by the CivDis crowd do more harm the good, if they do anything at all IMO.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 12:00:26 AM »

Fortunately, the entire government changes every 2 years, everyone gets elected from the governor on down all at once.

How has that worked out for you guys the past 5 years? That's what I thought.

Your alternative stategy?

Let the government eat itself.  People can all pick up and move somewhere else and they'll just end up fighting the same battles that they fought and lost in the previous place.  Then what?  Move again?  Maybe do more education and run more people for office?  For what, an attempt to slow the ever growing beast?

As much as I disagree with Dave P. R. of S. on some things, I do like his idea of just getting it over with and starting over.  Only when that happens will people finally understand that looking to government to fix things or do things for them is stupid.  Right now people will only see you as obstructing the government from getting things done and they'll blame all of government's failures on the people who were trying to stop it in the first place.  Just let it implode and hopefully enough people will be out there that can communicate the message of minimal government and voluntary activity effectively...if they're not too busy fighting for freedom by wearing hats in a court room.

The problem is, if activists are not a prevaling group out in the world and setting a good example, what motive do the people of a collapsed nation have for following the example set by them? In other words, if the concepts of liberty are not already in their minds, they may not be upset about merely shifting from one regime to another like other countries have done (I'm not going to list off what countries, just about any will do).
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »

It was not till yesterday that I realized the smart idea behind the FSP.

Conservatives move to neighborhoods to raise their children and neighborhoods like Irvine are created. They block vote, and thereby get a good amount of representation.

Liberals did the same thing when they picked up and went to cities who were accepting to their views, so neighborhoods like the Village, Berkeley, and San Francisco were created.

If the FSP reaches critical mass by taking a dispersed group and concentrates them where block voting will change the cities they live in, the Free Staters can get their views into mainstream legislation.

Their combined voting will undo years of legislation, and decrease the level of harm the politicians are doing to the country rather then the .01% difference they would make in the elections of their former home cities.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

JWI

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 12:05:17 AM »

The problem is, if activists are not a prevaling group out in the world and setting a good example, what motive do the people of a collapsed nation have for following the example set by them? In other words, if the concepts of liberty are not already in their minds, they may not be upset about merely shifting from one regime to another like other countries have done (I'm not going to list off what countries, just about any will do).

I'd argue that they're not even a prevailing group.  The only reason I know about any activists is because I go looking for that news.  Otherwise there's no mention of them anywhere.  I don't think the activists are having much luck putting the concepts of liberty into many minds in NH, much less the rest of the country.

Ron Paul and his C4L organization has much more of an impact than a few dozen people in NH protesting the use of cameras in court.  Of course the C4L is a politics, which is a waste of time, so why bother.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 12:07:57 AM »

Conservatives move to neighborhoods to raise their children and neighborhoods like Irvine are created. They block vote, and thereby get a good amount of representation.

Liberals did the same thing when they picked up and went to cities who were accepting to their views, so neighborhoods like the Village, Berkeley, and San Francisco were created.

If the FSP reaches critical mass by taking a dispersed group and concentrates them where block voting will change the cities they live in, the Free Staters can get their views into mainstream legislation.

Their combined voting will undo years of legislation, and decrease the level of harm the politicians are doing to the country rather then the .01% difference they would make in the elections of their former home cities.

You actually stated this very plainly and eloquently.  More people should explain the project to newcomers the way you did.  Very eloquent, yet concise.   :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

coyote

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 12:10:52 AM »

Let the government eat itself.  People can all pick up and move somewhere else and they'll just end up fighting the same battles that they fought and lost in the previous place.  Then what?  Move again?  Maybe do more education and run more people for office?  For what, an attempt to slow the ever growing beast?

As much as I disagree with Dave P. R. of S. on some things, I do like his idea of just getting it over with and starting over.  Only when that happens will people finally understand that looking to government to fix things or do things for them is stupid.  Right now people will only see you as obstructing the government from getting things done and they'll blame all of government's failures on the people who were trying to stop it in the first place.  Just let it implode and hopefully enough people will be out there that can communicate the message of minimal government and voluntary activity effectively...if they're not too busy fighting for freedom by wearing hats in a court room.
[/quote]

Well, that is at least a strategy.

Dave P. R. of S.

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 12:19:19 AM »

Well pretty soon they'll be paying Massachusetts taxes in order to support the health insurance bullshit they got going on there.

Call your congressmen TODAY and demand that the highest tax rate in Region 1 is the new rate for all.

JWI

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2009, 12:20:35 AM »

Problem is NH isn't any one of those places.

Personally, I have much to risk both professionally and with my standard of living.  From looking at NH nothing compares to what I have now.  Taking the risk of losing this for something that doesn't appear to have much of chance for success is silly.  Like I said, I'd rather make due with what I've got now than risk it all for someplace I'd probably be miserable in.

coyote

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:27 AM »

Problem is NH isn't any one of those places.

Personally, I have much to risk both professionally and with my standard of living. From looking at NH nothing compares to what I have now. Taking the risk of losing this for something that doesn't appear to have much of chance for success is silly. Like I said, I'd rather make due with what I've got now than risk it all for someplace I'd probably be miserable in.

I plan to start off slow. My family and I will start spending our summers in NH in a year or so.

Then later, (depending on the growth of the FSP), we will move there for the whole year.

Baby steps...

Dave P. R. of S.

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »

Understandable skepticism, typical of people who've never talked with an actual libertarian who'se got themselves elected.

But not typical of me.  I've talked with, met with, and voted for many libertarians.  Probably voted libertarian a couple of times before you were even eligible to vote.

Their purpose in getting elected, is to reduce the size and scope of government. Voting against regulations, taxes, and unjust laws, while voting in favor of (and sponsoring) bills to reject Federal mandates, limit State government, and repeal existing laws.

Anyway, I'm not going to masturbate further on this thread. The FSP is dead. That is all ;)

Probelm is, by voting, you accept a whole can of worms.

JWI

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2009, 12:31:13 AM »

I plan to start off slow. My family and I will start spending our summers in NH in a year or so.

Then later, (depending on the growth of the FSP), we will move there for the whole year.

Baby steps...

It is a beautiful state if you like the whole outdoors thing.  The seacoast is nice too and some of the old buildings are great to look at.

Dave P. R. of S.

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »

[As much as I disagree with Dave P. R. of S. on some things, I do like his idea of just getting it over with and starting over.  

Damn.

They don't have a smilely face for blushing.

JWI

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 12:35:02 AM »

[As much as I disagree with Dave P. R. of S. on some things, I do like his idea of just getting it over with and starting over.  

Damn.

:oops:  I think this qualifies.

BonerJoe

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »

Damn.

:oops:  I think this qualifies.

I'm deleting this thread because you talked to him.

Dave P. R. of S.

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 12:39:36 AM »

The FSP doesn't seem like it is about just electing different people to control us. The folks doing CDO in Keene are just one example.

And how is that working out?

Like the fucking Warsaw Ghetto.

I got news for the CCC (couch crime crowd), freedom does not come from a jail cell.

But hey, sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, get in the cell, beg for your freedom, and then call it progress.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The FSP is a religion

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.