Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Free Market "Shut the fuck up" Enforcer
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Free Market "Shut the fuck up" Enforcer  (Read 3177 times)

Zat

• View Profile
    • Just a photo gallery
The Free Market "Shut the fuck up" Enforcer
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-walmart-child-slapped,0,3130020.story
Vid at the link.

Police: Stranger Slaps Crying Toddler at Wal-Mart

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- Police say a 61-year-old man annoyed with a crying 2-year-old girl at a Wal-Mart slapped the child several times after warning the toddler's mother to keep her quiet.

A police report says after the stranger hit the girl at least four times, he said: "See, I told you I would shut her up."

Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain is charged with felony cruelty to children.

Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping Monday when the toddler began crying.

The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, "If you don't shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you."

Authorities say after Stephens slapped the girl, she began screaming.

The mother then called for security.

The girl suffered some redness in the face but was otherwise okay.

Stephens is currently being held without bond.

Changed My Mind

Re: The Free Market "Shut the fuck up" Enforcer
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »

the title of this thread should be "Man initiates force against a child"

simple.

davann

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »

2 years old is a little young to slapping. Now if this was one of those rotten 5 to 6 year olds I could see this response in a positive light. Although, it was not his kid. He should have slapped the mother.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »

Or.. "Man Flirts With Receiving Grievous Bodily Harm Due To Very Bad Decision" ...

I'd been tempted to take a tire iron to the fuck.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 12:42:54 AM »

Or.. "Man Flirts With Receiving Grievous Bodily Harm Due To Very Bad Decision" ...

I'd been tempted to take a tire iron to the fuck.

Mmmm-hmmmm.

I'm picturing Danny Vermin here. "You shouldn't slap my baby. A guy at the shopping center slapped my baby once.... ONCE".

"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »

"Authorities say after Stephens slapped the girl, she began screaming.

The mother then called for security."

She's a bad mother. If I had kids, and this had been my wife, I think I would have been calling security to see if they could pry my wife's hands from around this man's once-living throat.  There would be an absolute mess.

Harry Tuttle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »

She's a bad mother. If I had kids, and this had been my wife, I think I would have been calling security to see if they could pry my wife's hands from around this man's once-living throat.  There would be an absolute mess.

Don't forget to allow for the woman's ability to rationally examine factors such as her size and fighting ability and her level of fear.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »

Don't forget to allow for the woman's ability to rationally examine factors such as her size and fighting ability and her level of fear.

The bad mother thing was kind of a joke.

And maybe Women are different than men but if someone did that to my kid, I would ACTUALLY do my best to kill him. And I'm not the fighting type. I'm very quiet, never been in a fight, etc. But that makes my blood boil. You can't slap my son or daughter and expect to live.

Harry Tuttle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »

And maybe Women are different than men but if someone did that to my kid, I would ACTUALLY do my best to kill him. And I'm not the fighting type. I'm very quiet, never been in a fight, etc. But that makes my blood boil. You can't slap my son or daughter and expect to live.

Unfair of me to take your humor at face value. :)

I'm with you. I don't take violence lightly, but the man would be struck very strongly by me, and if he responded to the strike in any way other than supplication there would likely be an ugly escalation. I'm not a tough guy or anything, and I hate fighting, but if I do fight then I only have one setting, and that is fully-committed.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »

She's a bad mother. If I had kids, and this had been my wife, I think I would have been calling security to see if they could pry my wife's hands from around this man's once-living throat.  There would be an absolute mess.

I don't know, but I would bet that if the father or an older sibling had been present, the idiot never would have tried it. That's the thing about agressors - it takes years of intentional training before they will ever even THINK of tangling with someone who isn't much weaker than they are.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:44:39 PM by MacFall »
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

blackie

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »

Figures it was a white guy.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »

If he'd hit my kid, I would have been the one arrested. But HE would at least be in the hospital.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Bill Brasky

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »

I keep telling you guys - if we all carried samurai swords, the world would be a better place. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Free Market "Shut the fuck up" Enforcer

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.