Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Definitive "Things We Like About Israel" Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Definitive "Things We Like About Israel" Thread  (Read 14701 times)

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
Re: The Definitive "Things We Like About Israel" Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 06:33:09 AM »

Better Place

I've always found the idea that electric cars need a infrastructure similar to petrol cars redundant.

It takes a fair while to charge an electric battery for a car, and where do cars spend a long time nearly every night? Peoples driveways and garages.

The vast majority of car travel is in day to day activities, people making multiple day journeys in cars makes up a tiny proportion of car travel, and as such it would not be economical to have a entire infrastructure just for these journeys.

An electric car charging network? It's called the national grid.

Well, there are a lot of cars who are rolling practically all the time. You have your pizza delivery cars, mail cars, taxis and a whole lot other cars whose mileage exceed your average Joe's car. You also have people with long commutes. I think there will be a market for battery changing stations, but maybe just in the population centers. I'll have to plead to authority, I think Agassi and his lot have done the math thorougly ;)

fatcat

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 08:51:57 AM »

Better Place

I've always found the idea that electric cars need a infrastructure similar to petrol cars redundant.

It takes a fair while to charge an electric battery for a car, and where do cars spend a long time nearly every night? Peoples driveways and garages.

The vast majority of car travel is in day to day activities, people making multiple day journeys in cars makes up a tiny proportion of car travel, and as such it would not be economical to have a entire infrastructure just for these journeys.

An electric car charging network? It's called the national grid.

Well, there are a lot of cars who are rolling practically all the time. You have your pizza delivery cars, mail cars, taxis and a whole lot other cars whose mileage exceed your average Joe's car. You also have people with long commutes. I think there will be a market for battery changing stations, but maybe just in the population centers. I'll have to plead to authority, I think Agassi and his lot have done the math thorougly ;)

Well in those sort of cases, I would have thought they would just do it in house.

Like a pizza delivery company with 5 bikes, has 10 batteries, 5 in use and 5 on charge. I'm not sure many petrol stations could operate profitably if they only got business from long distance journeys.

Also just to stop this being a total derail.

UZI

davann

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »

Some of the most beautiful women in the world. Actually, it seems the whole region has some hot women. Grass is always greener.

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »

The very best thing about Israel is this chick.... She won the Eurovision Song Contest, the most wonderful thing about Europe (Which Israel technically does not belong to). Anyways, ya like her?

Well, in that case your GAYSEXUAL, cuz she used to be a DUDE!

davann

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »

No... really?

The large hands kinda give it away. Pre or post is the only question.

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 07:40:33 AM »

avshae

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »

Best and most prestigious Air-Force in the world

delusional

The Google don't lie. 3 out of 4 times you search for "air force" the number 1 result is the Israeli air force. Or maybe da juuwwws got gugle to?

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

Well, both founders are, but who cares.

Riddler

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »

Best and most prestigious Air-Force in the world

delusional

The Google don't lie. 3 out of 4 times you search for "air force" the number 1 result is the Israeli air force. Or maybe da juuwwws got gugle to?

funny, i just did a search on yahoo & after FOUR PAGES of sites, there was only u.s. airforce, no jew-force even mentioned.
(just cuz jewgul (google) lists the hebe airforce, doesn't quantify it as ''the worlds best''. only an ass would judge an organization's merits & world standing, by the order ''google'' lists it.)

Zat

• View Profile
    • Just a photo gallery
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »

It's only a little larger than New Jersey.

Riddler

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »

the other glaringly obvious fact, w/ respect to ''who's air force is better and stronger'', is, quite simply, the FACT that the jew air force is comprised (and has been, since '73) of ,almost exclusively, AMERICAN planes & weaponry.
they can only ever hope to be, ''second fiddle'', to the u.s.

avshae

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:47 AM »

the other glaringly obvious fact, w/ respect to ''who's air force is better and stronger'', is, quite simply, the FACT that the jew air force is comprised (and has been, since '73) of ,almost exclusively, AMERICAN planes & weaponry.
they can only ever hope to be, ''second fiddle'', to the u.s.

Congratulations, you have succeeded in completing an entire post with (almost) no racist language. You're moving up in the world.

Sincerely, my thinking that the IAF is first on google search for "air force" was mistaken - it appears first on google.co.il, and I have to make extra maneuvering to point my browser to google.com.

Putting aside the fact the the US leaned heavily on Israel to prevent it from producing it's own airplane, the Lavi, the fact that Israel relies on American aircraft does not indicate that the US air force is "better". If I buy apples from you it doesn't mean you can make a better apple-pie than I can.

And to close, here's a quote from someone you can't argue with:

BY DAVID WOOD
NEWHOUSE NEWS SERVICE
----------------------
[..]
Israel's air force, which flies souped-up U.S. F-15 and F-16 fighters, can generate nearly 3,000 sorties, or combat missions, per day. The United States can sustain about 1,600 sorties a day. That kind of combat punch has given Israel unprecedented freedom of action, not just against lightly armed Palestinian street fighters, but against its traditional enemies of Syria and Egypt as well.
[..]
The increase in Israel's combat clout comes less from size than from other, intangible factors. For instance, Israeli technicians have added digital and other improvements to their F-16 fighters, making them even more capable than versions used by the U.S. Air Force, Brower said.

And Israel can fly so many combat sorties per day because it has a huge pool of seasoned combat pilots. That enables its air force to use one aircraft again and again during a 24-hour period while exchanging fatigued pilots for fresh ones. The United States does not maintain as many combat pilots per airplane as Israel.

Israel relies heavily on its reserve forces. There are almost 1 million Israelis under the age of 48 liable to be recalled to duty. All have done three years' active duty, as well as reserve training. Reserve troops are organized into units already matched up with vehicles and weapons.

"It's one of the most efficient military forces around," said Anthony Cordesman, a senior analyst at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington. "Can they thumb their nose at us? Well, for a while. But they don't have the technical or production base to sustain these capabilities without some resupply by us."

But Cordesman estimated it would take about two years of fighting before Israel needed some outside help.

In any event, "The Israelis are not depending on us to come rescue them," Brower said. "We have to be realistic. We are the world's superpower in some respects, but we don't have a big capability in the Middle East, and the Israelis know that. They can count." 

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 12:14:47 PM »

I can argue with that guy, He started a sentence with AND.

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »

And what's wrong with that, eh??

Dusty grammar traditions of old must yield to creativity!  And practicality!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Definitive "Things We Like About Israel" Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 32 queries.