Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Definitive "Free Island Project" Thread !!!

Poll

As a hypothetical thought exercise...  Which of the below islands / archipelagos would be (or contain) the ideal island for the FIP?

Nation of Antigua and Barbuda
- 0 (0%)
Nation of Bahamas
- 2 (5.9%)
Nation of Barbados
- 3 (8.8%)
Nation of Cape Verde  (Atlantic, Pt-Lang)
- 0 (0%)
Nation of Commonwealth of Dominica
- 1 (2.9%)
Nation of Grenada
- 0 (0%)
Nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 0 (0%)
Nation of Saint Lucia
- 0 (0%)
Nation of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- 0 (0%)
Nation of Trinidad and Tobago
- 4 (11.8%)
USA's Virgin Islands
- 6 (17.6%)
USA's Navassa Island  (or USA's other tiny Caribbean islands)
- 1 (2.9%)
UK's Anguilla
- 1 (2.9%)
UK's Bermuda  (Atlantic)
- 1 (2.9%)
UK's Virgin Islands
- 1 (2.9%)
UK's Cayman Islands
- 1 (2.9%)
UK's Montserrat
- 1 (2.9%)
UK's Turks and Caicos Islands
- 0 (0%)
Netherlands' Aruba
- 1 (2.9%)
Netherlands' Antilles
- 1 (2.9%)
France's Clipperton
- 0 (0%)
France's Guadeloupe
- 0 (0%)
France's Martinique
- 1 (2.9%)
France's Saint Barthélemy
- 0 (0%)
France's Saint Martin
- 1 (2.9%)
France's Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- 3 (8.8%)
Spain's Canary Islands  (Atlantic)
- 1 (2.9%)
Portugal's Azores  (Atlantic)
- 0 (0%)
Portugal's Madeira  (Atlantic)
- 0 (0%)
Other - Caribbean / GoM region
- 2 (5.9%)
Other - Outer Atlantic
- 1 (2.9%)
Other - East Pacific
- 1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Definitive "Free Island Project" Thread !!!  (Read 30945 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Re: The Definitive "Free Island Project" Thread !!!
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »

In the Pegasus galaxy?

Well it's not there now anymore, is it?  Or did u see the series finale?
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »

"Liberty through obscurity" is a self-contradiction.

What makes you so sure about that?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »

Because if you have "liberty through obscurity" you aren't free to not be obscure, which will likely impact your lifestyle quite a bit, as I've discovered with my recent submergence into the carless paperless black-market-coding trailer-trash lifestyle.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »

Why don't you buy a motorcycle AL?  Registration should be dirt cheap and at least you wouldn't have to ride the bus.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2010, 04:42:37 PM »

I only ride the bus in an emergency, like if I can't walk or get a taxi.  Hell, even Muslims can eat pork and drink liqueur if their survival depends on it!  Since I got rid of my car no one has ever pulled me over or asked for an ID. 

Now can we stay on topic?  This thread is about islands.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »

How about Clairview Island, Australia? 

Region      Australia, Oceania
Price    AUD $6,000,000
Status    for sale
Size    659 acres
Location    Central Queensland, Australia

Situated in the Pacific Ocean along Australia's famed Capricorn Coast, this large island is a varied paradise of lush tropical forest, classically Aussie grassland and long stretches of the beautiful beaches that make this region a prime holiday destination.

The island is a freehold property and has been subdivided into 5 seperate allotments (available for single or combination sale). As each lot has a unique character and level of development, there's sure to be a perfect match for every island lover. The entire property is available for AUS $6M.

Bordering the Coral Sea and Clairview Creek, Lot 1 is a gorgeous undeveloped parcel with stunning ocean vistas and 3 pretty beaches. The "dog-leg" shaped Lot 2 also features lovely sandy beaches, breathtaking ocean and island views and stretches of salt flats at one end. Lot 3 is also undeveloped, with a similar topography of beaches, grassland and salt flats- perfect for an idyllic little summer home!

The ocean views of Lot 4 expand over Broadsound Reach, and this very attractive property has pristine and pretty beaches stretching down to the Coral Sea. Located at the southern end of the property, Lot 5 is well-developed and perfect for either for commercial or residential use, and the infrastructure includes two private airstrips, a large airplane hanger, and a cozy little beach cottage. Partially fenced, the island contains two large dams, various farming equipment along the lines of tractors, slashers and trucks.

An individual parcel ranges from AUS 1.5-2 million, and the sale may be of individual or combined lots tailored to suit your particular needs. A perfect opportunity to own a slice of paradise on the Tropic of Capricorn!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »

If it exists under the law of Australia, you don't want it.  They're destroying the 'net there at a furious pace. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2010, 06:21:43 PM »

If it exists under the law of Australia, you don't want it.  They're destroying the 'net there at a furious pace. 

Yeah, it's a shame.  It's like England and Texas had an enormous love child. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2010, 02:39:54 AM »

Yeah, it's a shame.  It's like England and Texas had an enormous love child. 

A bow-legged good 'ol boy with bad teeth, stuffed into a pram with a full compliment of signal jamming hardware.

One would think there is a conspicuous absence of violent hordes, brick throwing mobs, and ne'er-do-wells who might care to engage in a sporting bout of fisticuffs with the bastard progeny.  Or roll the fucking cocksucker into a volcano filled with sharks.  My totally badass literary invention, a sharkano.  Deal with it. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2010, 03:04:37 AM »

If it's a matter of buying or leasing (under the condition of total autonomy for X years) an island from an existing government, there should be plenty of more willing governments here in the Western Hemisphere.  Australia is a rich nanny state, while many countries in the Caribbean could use the money.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2010, 04:35:16 AM »

If it's a matter of buying or leasing (under the condition of total autonomy for X years) an island from an existing government, there should be plenty of more willing governments here in the Western Hemisphere.  Australia is a rich nanny state, while many countries in the Caribbean could use the money.

I think you mean, many countries in the Caribbean are flipping through another decade-long installment of Publishers Clearinghouse rule, before their leaders seek asylum in Europe.  

You can buy land for a billion dollars, and the next government may invalidate the purchase.  

What you have to buy is a piece of the government, not the land.  The land is a commodity, and has value.  But it doesn't grant you any rights.  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Definitive "Free Island Project" Thread !!!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 38 queries.