Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Claws are starting to come out.... Ron Paul. and the "Media"
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Claws are starting to come out.... Ron Paul. and the "Media"  (Read 2999 times)

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
The Claws are starting to come out.... Ron Paul. and the "Media"
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »

Well, The Repubes are starting to show their fear.  The demonizing of Ron Paul has begun in earnest.

In Gandhi's progression (Thanks FTL, that is where I learned this):

First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.

We are in that region between laugh and fight.

The Statists in the party are right to be scared.  If RP doesn't get the nomination,
he's sure to go independent (IMHO).  That will pull voters from both the
right and the left, and they (rightly?) suspect mostly from the
right, but who really knows.

I heard that the Iowa Republicans (caucus) are going to count the
votes at some secret location or some such BS, supposedly to
prevent the "occupy" movement from f-ing with them.  I wonder
how many "Paul" votes are going to be "overlooked".

An associate of mine suggested that it is almost certain that RP (covert?) operatives will be in a position to monitor this, so we shall surly hear of it.  Not that that is at all likely to change the declared result....

An some Politicos have already claimed that if RP wins in Iowa, it won't actually mean anything anyway....

And now that the "newsletter" thing has pretty much run it's course, I don't know of anything else remotely "legit" they can go after him on.

But what I fear most is him being painted as a "kook." 

To a hell of a lot of people, who have never stepped out of the Statist mindset, his ideas are so far from the conventional / "business as usual" that it will be easy to terrify them.

On the plus side-

At this point even the most slack-jawed "likely voter" has to acknowledge that there must be something to RP in order to have garnered the huge, enthusiastic support of so many people, even after being systematically marginalized until now.

That strategy apparently is no longer working so now they are shifting to the scare tactics mode.

In my opinion, here are 2 big questions to be posed to "regular" people in casual conversation-

"Have you ever noticed, once you get past the great sounding sound bytes that make us all happy inside, that the results are pretty much the same no matter who gets elected?  More Expensive, more Wasteful, more Dangerous / Intrusive government which is less and less responsive to "We the People"? 

"Isn't it time to give REAL change a try?

These are what I plan to go with when I have conversations with "The Masses" over the issue.

Also, Since it almost always comes up, I suggest responding to the term "Isolationist" with the term "Non-Interventionist"

-Kelvin
==============================
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

-Samuel Adams

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Claws are starting to come out.... Ron Paul. and the "Media"
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:26:22 AM »

Yeah, the media are being a bunch of bitches.  You can tell they've tried to ignore him up until now because they hate his guts.

Inevitably, the comparison with Obama, and his claim to be for change will be brought up, when talking to your average Joe.  That's a good time to point to twelve terms of principled defense of the constitution.  I like to say that even my liberal Democrat mother knows that Ron Paul is the most principled and only candidate with any integrity at all (it's just that she doesn't like his principles.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:31:39 AM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:50:34 AM »

This shit-slinging has only just begun.

Its gonna get fuckin' ugly. I hope he understands that.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:44:05 AM »

The letters will be trotted out a second time if he wins the nomination as the Republican candidate.

He will also be painted as a racist by the liberals "just because."
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 01:51:14 PM »

The irony being even IF he wrote everything in those letters he would STILL be less of a racist than Obama and Holder.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »

The irony being even IF he wrote everything in those letters he would STILL be less of a racist than Obama and Holder.

Yeah, and Obama is black, so he can't be a racist.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:01:23 PM »

Ron Paul is like Martin Luther King. Black voters support Ron Paul!
I am not worried about the press. They are stupid, blind, entrenched and outdated. Enemies trying to fight a war using techniques from a bygone era should be easy to beat.
Hellbilly passed this link along to me via facebook.

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:41:30 PM »

Excellent Video!  Ron Paul support from "People of Color" is super important.  Many of Them have been tricked into dependence by the government for far too long now.   Basically bribery with taxpayer money. 

This is going to be one of the main demographic groups that "The Man" will target when the fear mongering really gets going.  "Ron Paul is going to take away your benefits and throw your momma out into the street" etc.  I hope the Ron Paul strategists have some kick-ass video (like the Big Dog ad) in the can waiting for that assault..... I bet they do.

-Kelvin
==============================
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

-Samuel Adams

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »

I like the fact Obama won last time. Him following Bush taught everyone who payed attention that the system is corrupt. Truth is it didn't really hit home for me til then either.
You really can't judge anybody using anything but their character and reputation.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »

I like the fact Obama won last time. Him following Bush taught everyone who payed attention that the system is corrupt.

That's a good point.

There's been so much said about the whole racism deal... it's such an issue I think because it's all they've got to slam him with. That and anytime a white person is publicly outed as a bigot it creates an atmosphere of festivity and cheer.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 03:29:55 AM »

A friend posted this on facebook. Basically due to the Kelly Clarkson stuff. Yep, he is convinced Ron Paul is a KKK member. I mean Ron Paul is in a photo with these guys SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

http://www.streetwisepundit.com/ron-paul-with-stormfronts-don-black.html

I saw someone write this on facebook, in response to the pic elsewhere. It describes the media perfectly.

On Ron Paul being racist...lets look at this logically....

On the one hand, 6 sentences that a man says he didn't write.

On the other hand hundreds of hours of videos, speeches, books,
6 million sentences that we know he wrote & spoke that have no
racist undertones.

Lets go with the 6 sentences.
People are so brainwashed by government and media lies that they'll actually argue their own rights away.

JDW

• A sincere diplomat is like dry water or wooden iron.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 07:10:50 AM »

The idiotic MSM are gonna drag Ron's butt through the mud, this is gonna get ugly. But honestly, I think the more they treat him like crap the more people are gonna go to his side and vote for him, people will see more of him, check him out and realize the MSM is full of government tit sucking whores.
"Don't know what you got till it's gone."
- Cinderella
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Claws are starting to come out.... Ron Paul. and the "Media"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 33 queries.