Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Babe Theory of Political Movements - Interesting
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Babe Theory of Political Movements - Interesting  (Read 1471 times)

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
The Babe Theory of Political Movements - Interesting
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:57:26 PM »

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wm9sqUY2SkI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wm9sqUY2SkI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I thought this video was quite interesting and it does raise an interesting point. What's your opinion on it?
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

New Richard

Re: The Babe Theory of Political Movements - Interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 02:04:17 AM »

The video was a bit too long, but I still Lol'd.

Sex=War...War=Sex. All wars are sexual. All sex is combat.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 02:11:19 AM »

The video was a bit too long, but I still Lol'd.

Sex=War...War=Sex. All wars are sexual. All sex is combat.

Zardoz reference?
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 03:55:43 AM »

Does this mean Sarah Palin will win in 2012?

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 03:33:43 PM »

Does this mean Sarah Palin will win in 2012?

Not really, it just seems to indicate that the youth are and always have been the source of political power. It's pretty obvious too, they go on to make the next generation of children who will replace them and so on. In many ways, this is as close as one could get to a political theory of history without falling for the bullshit that Marx and company did. It doesn't give you an augur's power to see who will win out or how it will end up, but it gives you a general test of whether a political movement of any kind is moving from a marginal to a non-marginal status. I suspect that libertarianism in general is becoming non-marginal not just because of a younger (professional) generation backing it, but because there's an older generation to back up those youngin's unlike the previous thrust in the 1960s/70s where the supermajority was either progressive or Burkian conservative worldwide which meant the only two real political replacement powers that were viable were the New Left and the Neoconservatives (which it seems that these folks as the current paradigm).

Also, it's interesting to note that this view could be applied to theory of history for technology as well. The current generation and past generation are/were focused on distributed models of communication and not concentrated models of the past. This means that if you wanted to make an investment right now, I'd say put a serious bet on any monetized model of Twitter or equivalent social media services as that's what both older and younger people are using at a near universal level. And expect further investment in the capital infrastructure (software and hardware) related to these services (wifi or its analog, virtualized/cloud computing/storage, and etc).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Babe Theory of Political Movements - Interesting

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.