Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Alliance of the Libertarian Left
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Alliance of the Libertarian Left  (Read 15158 times)

ladyattis

Re: The Alliance of the Libertarian Left
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2007, 05:18:23 PM »

Yeah, supposedly there's no such thing, says Rand...only wrong solutions and right ones.

In Zen there is no such thing as compromise either. Same with Taoism. Or Aristoteleanism. And so on. Welcome to the wide world of RATIONAL THOUGHT, DUMBASS!

*smacks wtfk with a frying pan*

-- Brede

wtfk

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »

Yeah, supposedly there's no such thing, says Rand...only wrong solutions and right ones.

In Zen there is no such thing as compromise either. Same with Taoism. Or Aristoteleanism. And so on. Welcome to the wide world of RATIONAL THOUGHT, DUMBASS!

*smacks wtfk with a frying pan*

-- Brede

(bitchslap) How does disclosing this make you Aristotle and me a dumbass?

ladyattis

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2007, 12:22:21 AM »

Um it makes you a dumbass, but only anti-rational folks compromise. If things are as they are, no compromise is needed. Does an engineer compromise the laws of physics when he makes something? Does a doctor promise the laws of biology? No, so why compromise on things in other fields?

-- Brede

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2007, 09:29:07 AM »

Just kidding dude Quark was my favorite on DS9.

I knew you were kidding. Quark was so much more likable than that authoritarian Odo.

ladyattis

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »

I knew you were kidding. Quark was so much more likable than that authoritarian Odo.

I like his son and brother. So there!

-- Brede

theodorelogan

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

This is more akin to not compromising with someone who likes chocolate ice cream but you like vanilla.

No one is asking you to change what you believe.
Go figure...

RAD!

ladyattis

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2007, 03:32:42 PM »

Um no. Dialectics are fucking bullshit. Okay, it's not a matter of maybe, it is for one good reason. Real world situations do not follow from its form. So its use is not going to solve problems. So, please, don't even try, kiddo. Next you'll say OOP actually models real world objects and then I'll be kicking your little bitchy ass on that too.

-- Brede

theghostofbj

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »

Gold-pressed latinum, bitches!

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »

Remember in the second Resident Evil movie, when Milla Jovovich and her friend, the hulking super strong evil twin went after each other, fighting and beating the shit out of each other?

That's kind of like what I see happening with the Libertaricrats. All of them fighting like retarded pansies over definitions and terminology. It's entertaining, but loathsome after a while.

Of course, the two (Milla and Conan) end up realizing that they both had a common enemy and then united forces at the end and kicked some serious ass.

I thought it was a good movie. Could have been better...

cerpntaxt

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2007, 10:16:59 PM »

Libertaricrats...? That doesn't even make sense.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2007, 02:20:03 AM »

That's kind of like what I see happening with the Libertaricrats. All of them fighting like retarded pansies over definitions and terminology. It's entertaining, but loathsome after a while.

I still consider Libertarians, minarchasts, etc. to be my allies. You're far better morally than most of the population. If we ever manage to achieve something of a minarchy, then you guys become the enemy and all bets are off! Mwahahahahahaha!
 :twisted:

theodorelogan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2007, 04:39:38 PM »

Um no. Dialectics are fucking bullshit.

So is chocolate ice cream.

Is anyone forcing you to use dialectics?  Is anyone asking you to support dialectics?

No, only asking you to help them support freedom.  What's wrong with that.
Go figure...

RAD!

theghostofbj

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »

wtfk

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 06:18:12 PM »

Um it makes you a dumbass, but only anti-rational folks compromise. If things are as they are, no compromise is needed. Does an engineer compromise the laws of physics when he makes something? Does a doctor promise the laws of biology? No, so why compromise on things in other fields?

-- Brede

(Bitchslap)  You didn't answer the question.

ljp

Quexalcote is a fraud!
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »

He might seem all 'leftist' and 'open-minded' on the surface, but he's as mean-spirited as a redneck right-winger.  I've had to deal with this dipshit (oh yeah, 'dipshit' is his favorite word...) on the Head Heritage forum.  He thought he could make friends through his groovy record collection but then spouted his islamophobic BS about how he supports Bush's war on terror.  Oh, and a word for all you Green Anarchists, Quex gave lip service to GM food on HH.  I really hope he gets sick from eating KFC chicken...

Now he touts himself as a 'leftist libertarian'.  (Like wow, man...)  He acts more like a cross between Stalin and David Horowitz...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Alliance of the Libertarian Left

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.