Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Texas Independence 2010 Conference Announced
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Texas Independence 2010 Conference Announced  (Read 3329 times)

Lothar

• View Profile
Texas Independence 2010 Conference Announced
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:33:01 AM »

http://www.texasnationalist.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=215:tex-ind-conf-2010&catid=8:newsflash&Itemid=104

Texas Independence 2010 Conference Announced

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Nov. 17, 2009) – The Texas Nationalist Movement today announced plans for its first-ever national conference. The Texas Independence Conference 2010, or Texicon 2010, will be held March 13-14, 2010 at the Municipal Auditorium in downtown San Antonio.

The two-day event will feature speakers on a wide array of subjects relating to Texas independence, including TNM president Daniel Miller and Dr. Thomas Naylor, the professor emeritus in economics from Duke University who heads up the Second Vermont Republic organization.

The Municipal Auditorium seats about 4,800 people. Organizers expect at least 2,000 attendees.

Events on Saturday will focus on whether Texas should seek independence from the U.S., can it achieve that goal, and how. Sunday’s programs will focus on activism training and formulating an independence action plan.

The event is open to not only Texas Nationalist Movement members, but to the general public as well. Anyone interested in exploring Texas independence as one option for the Lone Star State is welcome to attend. Public office holders of all parties are invited as well.

“It will provide some new info and perspective to current members and will be an invaluable event for anyone not sure whether they support independence, but are interested in the idea,” said Nate Smith of TX-Live, which is organizing the event.

BonerJoe

Re: Texas Independence 2010 Conference Announced
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »

:roll:

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:14:21 PM »

(Added to Digg)

Idea! 

We should hold a contest over which state will have more public U.S. flag burnings per capita in 2010 and reassess the Free State Project selection on this basis. 

(Someone should come up with with specific rules on how big a flag has to be, what public places qualify, how many minutes of video footage to document it, etc to make it a fair contest.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:26:48 PM by Alex Libman »

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »

Fuck Texas.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »

Have to say that if Texas secedes, I'm moving out.  While I (guess I) support the idea of secession in principle, I don't want to live in the kind of state it would become if it were on its own. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »

I cant see this happening soon, and wouldnt want to be apart of it if they did either.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 01:48:19 PM »

What the hell!?

Rillion's stupidity just congeals the air in my lungs and makes my blood turn to quark–gluon plasma!

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »

What the hell!?

Rillion's stupidity just congeals the air in my lungs and makes my blood turn to quark–gluon plasma!

You've never lived in Texas; you wouldn't understand.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 01:55:52 PM »

What the hell!?

Yeah, not wanting to live in a theocratic wasteland where abortion, homosexuality, and teaching evolution are illegal and being a Southern Baptist is mandatory in every part of government makes me a real moron.  You want to see a Christian version of Saudi Arabia?  That's pretty much what Texas would look like if it seceded.  No thank you. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »

I've never been outside the North East (except a few visits to California), so my impression of Texas is mostly based on Mike Judge and Ron Paul, but I somehow doubt that it is as bad as you describe.  Can you post links to some modern news stories of institutionalized aggression against people for being atheists, butt pirates, or teaching their children evolution in the privacy of their own home?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:09:03 PM by Alex Libman »

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »

I've never been outside the North East (except a few visits to California), so my impression of Texas is mostly based on Mike Judge and Ron Paul, but I somehow doubt that it is as bad as you describe.  Can you post links to some modern news stories of institutionalized aggression against people for being atheists, butt pirates, or teaching their children evolution in the privacy of their own home?

Again, you've never lived in Texas, you would never understand.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 06:02:31 PM »

OK, let's imagine that Texas really is the Christian Saudi Arabia, etc, etc, etc.  It seceding from the empire would still be a good thing (unless of course it leads to a swifter implementation of a North American Union and then a World Government, which will pretty much guarantee a dystopic end to the late great human race).  Since TX already has one of the lowest tax burdens in the country, a lot of corporations would flock to its world-class cities to set up shop there.  That means the remaining states will face greater tax competition and cut down on their tyranny, or maybe even consider the benefits of seceding as well.  Splitting governments until the world consists of ten thousand competing little Singapores is the surest path to liberty, and the TX secession is clearly a step in the right direction!

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »

OK, let's imagine that Texas really is the Christian Saudi Arabia, etc, etc, etc.  It seceding from the empire would still be a good thing (unless of course it leads to a swifter implementation of a North American Union and then a World Government, which will pretty much guarantee a dystopic end to the late great human race).  Since TX already has one of the lowest tax burdens in the country, a lot of corporations would flock to its world-class cities to set up shop there.  That means the remaining states will face greater tax competition and cut down on their tyranny, or maybe even consider the benefits of seceding as well.  Splitting governments until the world consists of ten thousand competing little Singapores is the surest path to liberty, and the TX secession is clearly a step in the right direction!

You are aware Singapore is an extremely authoritarian country, right?

And if Texas actually tried to secede, the US Army would probably immediately invade it and the US Navy would blockade it.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »

Singapore is a pragmatic little country (or a really big neighborhood association) that most of its citizens chose to move to within their lifetimes, and they are welcome to leave at any time.  (See this thread - just fixed the vids.)  You know the rules going in.  It's still evil, but it isn't an empire that has spread itself by the sword from sea to shining sea (and ~1000 military bases beyond)!

As for the potential blockade - you can't starve Texas in the short term, and a blockade can't be successful in the long term due to pressure from other nations.  Russia and China will see this as an excuse to crack down on their own secession movements, maybe even begin to expand, etc - so the USA will eventually be shamed into recognizing Texas, just like the British Empire had to recognize the independent colonies after the revolution.  When governments are forced to compete non-violently, people win!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:41:47 PM by Alex Libman »

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »

So if Singapore does it, sweet man, but if the USA does it, it's a douchebag fag?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Texas Independence 2010 Conference Announced

// ]]>

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 31 queries.