Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Take Yer "Liberty" And Shove It!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Take Yer "Liberty" And Shove It!  (Read 8179 times)

Amazing Richard

Take Yer "Liberty" And Shove It!
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:41:11 AM »

I thought that maybe I could become a "Libertarian" or an anarchist or something like that......I should have known better.

The degree of my cynicism is something that is too strong. It takes me over, and I perceive this world, and this life, to be nothing more, than a gigantic pile of shit.

Surely, all political systems are designed to exploit....including Libertarianism and Anarchy.

The human condition is the problem....and nature is the problem, and political systems are a product of these problems, and no solution.

I will no longer promote libertarianism to other people that I come across. It's not because I don't care about people (which I don't), but it's because it's just bullshit...like pretty much everything else.

I kind of thought I always knew that everything was pretty much bullshit, but I went out on my little journey, anywayz....and it turned out that I was right.

There will be no more journeys......there will be no more use of logic.........just the vague realization of a world of trash.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Take Yer "Liberty" And Shove It!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:43:07 AM »

You're still stuck in a pigeonhole you can't escape, though.

It's called Nihilism.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Amazing Richard

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:58:33 AM »

You're still stuck in a pigeonhole you can't escape, though.

It's called Nihilism.

I have to become oblivious.

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
  • This is where the fish lives.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »

Surely, all political systems are designed to exploit....including Libertarianism and Anarchy.

Libertarianism (the ideology) is not a political system. It does not provide a specific solution or form of government/governance. It stresses individualism and the non-aggression principle.

People can feel exploited, whether or not they recognize a particular system as the cause, but we as rational beings (or those of us who consider ourselves rational), do not shout curses at storms and disasters for 'exploiting us'.

Some people who claim exploitation or accept the title of victim are looking for someone or something to blame.

I will no longer promote libertarianism to other people that I come across. It's not because I don't care about people (which I don't), but it's because it's just bullshit...like pretty much everything else.

In this case, I must stress that the perfect is not the enemy of the good. It is not beneficial to expect absolute truth, nor is there any lasting comfort in its opposite: Nihilism. What I would suggest is that you try not to stress out too much about this and consider that we experience this life from a limited perspective, and while we may see the world as imperfect, it's certainly not something that has to mean we will always be unhappy.

It's just a given, but if we believe we are volitional beings that can make a difference outside of the mindlessness of collectivism, then we can start to build meaningful relationships and take substantive steps towards a world we want to be a part of. The realm of value is the realm of the individual, and in this perspective of the universe it is not the absolutes we should relish, but the _informative_ truth.

Vigilance towards Liberty, in perpetuity!

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:31:03 AM »

I go through waves of giving a fuck, followed by waves of apathy and not giving a fuck.

Live life in your own free way.  Just be sure if it goes against the grain of society to the extent you'll end up in a cage--live in the country/woods.♠

Amazing Richard

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:40:03 AM »

Libertarianism (the ideology) is not a political system. It does not provide a specific solution or form of government/governance. It stresses individualism and the non-aggression principle.

People can feel exploited, whether or not they recognize a particular system as the cause, but we as rational beings (or those of us who consider ourselves rational), do not shout curses at storms and disasters for 'exploiting us'.

Some people who claim exploitation or accept the title of victim are looking for someone or something to blame.

In this case, I must stress that the perfect is not the enemy of the good. It is not beneficial to expect absolute truth, nor is there any lasting comfort in its opposite: Nihilism. What I would suggest is that you try not to stress out too much about this and consider that we experience this life from a limited perspective, and while we may see the world as imperfect, it's certainly not something that has to mean we will always be unhappy.

It's just a given, but if we believe we are volitional beings that can make a difference outside of the mindlessness of collectivism, then we can start to build meaningful relationships and take substantive steps towards a world we want to be a part of. The realm of value is the realm of the individual, and in this perspective of the universe it is not the absolutes we should relish, but the _informative_ truth.

Who washes Lew Rockwell's shitty underwear???? It's called exploitation. I'm not sure if Rockwell is married with children or not, but I bet that if he is married, his wife ain't scrubbing his dirty underwear. He's gotta get somebody else to do it.

This is the culture of exploitation that goes on. Somebody is gonna have to clean Lew Rockwell's dirty pants, and there is no freedom in that.

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »

Lew Rockwell probably lives in abundance and can afford to wear a new pair of undies every day. But he revels in his ability to re-wear the same pair of underwear, which indicates his habitual and deviant interest to command his subjects to purify his shorts!!! Rabble Rabble Rhubarb!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 02:00:56 AM »

Lew Rockwell probably lives in abundance and can afford to wear a new pair of undies every day. But he revels in his ability to re-wear the same pair of underwear, which indicates his habitual and deviant interest to command his subjects to purify his shorts!!! Rabble Rabble Rhubarb!

So, can I sell my old lego on your site, and get silver in return?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 02:12:06 AM »

So, can I sell my old lego on your site, and get silver in return?

The site is a store front where we sell the lego. PM or Email is the best for discussing purchasing your collection. Yes, we can probably arrange to purchase your collection for silver (my brother will need to make that determination).

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 02:22:35 AM »

Amazing Richard

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 02:26:14 AM »

You sound like you would love some "subjects", too.

There is no actual difference in these political systems. It always comes down to the master and slave relationship.

So long as yer on top...everything is OK, right?

Those pitiful creatures scrubbing yer underwear, while you attend the opera........They should be grateful!!!! They get to eat....so that they can scrub yer underwear some more.

That's Libertarianism.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:31:45 AM by Princess Pubella »

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:43:11 AM »

So you're a troll then?

There is no actual difference in these political systems.

You're not listening. Libertarianism does not possess the values or conditions necessary to make it a political system.

It always comes down to the master and slave relationship.

In what context? Who is judging? People working together can both benefit. Their perceptions are what matters when they judge the value of the interaction and do not require your attempts to distinguish one as having the upper hand; one being a master over the other. Our ability to make value judgments is finite and conditional to our perception of existence. There's a distance in the fabric of reality between our ordinal value judgments.

Those pitiful creatures scrubbing yer underwear, while you attend the opera........They should be grateful!!!! They get to eat....so that they can scrub yer underwear some more.

That's Libertarianism.

Project much? You do realize I was reacting to your absurd response with sarcasm, right?

Amazing Richard

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 02:58:33 AM »

So you're a troll then?

You're not listening. Libertarianism does not possess the values or conditions necessary to make it a political system.

In what context? Who is judging? People working together can both benefit. Their perceptions are what matters when they judge the value of the interaction and do not require your attempts to distinguish one as having the upper hand; one being a master over the other. Our ability to make value judgments is finite and conditional to our perception of existence. There's a distance in the fabric of reality between our ordinal value judgments.

That's Libertarianism.

Project much? You do realize I was reacting to your absurd response with sarcasm, right?

I have been listening for years, and all I hear is how a bunch of yuppies and elitists want somebody to wash their dirty underwear for them.

These concepts of "freedom" and "liberty" must involve some poor sucker washing yer dirty shorts. Maybe FREEDOM FOR YOU!

What a joke. Do you think you would consider yerself to be "free" while scrubbing away at Lew Rockwell's shitty underpants?????

What is this talk about "freedom" and "liberty"???????? Give me a break!

The libertarian desire to enslave.....is no different than any other way.

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 03:05:02 AM »

So you're a troll then?

That's Libertarianism.

I have been listening for years, and all I hear is how a bunch of yuppies and elitists want somebody to wash their dirty underwear for them.

These concepts of "freedom" and "liberty" must involve some poor sucker washing yer dirty shorts. Maybe FREEDOM FOR YOU!

What a joke. Do you think you would consider yerself to be "free" while scrubbing away at Lew Rockwell's shitty underpants?????

What is this talk about "freedom" and "liberty"???????? Give me a break!

The libertarian desire to enslave.....is no different than any other way.

You're personifying libertarianism. What values can you speak to if all is slavery? As Devo says: Freedom of choice is what you got. Freedom from choice is what you want. Good luck discovering your utopia, princess.

alaric89

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 05:32:29 AM »

I thought that maybe I could become a "Libertarian" or an anarchist or something like that......I should have known better.

The degree of my cynicism is something that is too strong. It takes me over, and I perceive this world, and this life, to be nothing more, than a gigantic pile of shit.

The human condition is the problem....and nature is the problem, and political systems are a product of these problems, and no solution.

I kind of thought I always knew that everything was pretty much bullshit, but I went out on my little journey, anywayz....and it turned out that I was right.

There will be no more journeys......there will be no more use of logic.........just the vague realization of a world of trash.

We are not selling anything but your own choices and respect for those choices. The hard part to buy is the part where you have to give back that respect. We all have to deal with people who don't understand, care, or believe that the world doesn't ow them anything. We are selling the truth and fantasy looks better every time.
Just admitting that people are best equipped to run their own lives and no one else's isn't bullshit. If some want to submit voluntarily to someone else's responsibility that is O.K. but they have to take the rewards and consequences of doing so. I shouldn't.
I never heard anyone say that a free person is obligated to preach about it. I just do it because I am a argumentative asshole.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Take Yer "Liberty" And Shove It!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.