Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Take ownership of your part of the high seas today - with your private rules
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take ownership of your part of the high seas today - with your private rules  (Read 7847 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Day ?? on the platform..  I've begun eating my own leg in this god forsaken hellhole of endless blue.  The sun is a blinding dagger of torture that hangs just beyond my reach, and it speaks to me in the low tranquil tones of whale-song.  Madness is my savior, and has abandoned me yet again.  I beg its return, it lurks within the flickering waves, creating the faces of my memories under its surface in an ever-changing sheet of dream.

You chose to move in the middle of the ocean and then suddenly changed your mind?  Did your P2P wireless bot-mesh connection go down?  How about your satellite transmitter?  Your radio?  Your backup radio?  Do you have any family / friends that might get worried, or did you hire someone to check up on you in case you're offline for more than 36 hours?  Do you have any neighboring seasteads that can hear you shouting / launching S.O.S. flares, or that you can float to on an inflatable mattress?  Did you forget to bring 3 months supply of hand-cranked / solar batteries, desalination equipment, canned food, fishing equipment, reading material, etc - like all experts recommend in case you get trapped on your seastead during a civilization-interrupting catastrophe?  Do you have your plastic Red Cross S.O.S. flag that you can place upon the ground anywhere in the world and live AI-analyzed satellite video feeds will summon help immediately?  Are you trying to kill yourself on purpose?!

Man, 20th century folk sure are stoooopid...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:16:43 AM by Alex Libman »

Bill Brasky

Day ?? on the platform..  I've begun eating my own leg in this god forsaken hellhole of endless blue.  The sun is a blinding dagger of torture that hangs just beyond my reach, and it speaks to me in the low tranquil tones of whale-song.  Madness is my savior, and has abandoned me yet again.  I beg its return, it lurks within the flickering waves, creating the faces of my memories under its surface in an ever-changing sheet of dream.

You chose to move in the middle of the ocean and then suddenly changed your mind?  Did your P2P wireless bot-mesh connection go down?  How about your satellite transmitter?  Your radio?  Your backup radio?  Do you have any family / friends that might get worried, or did you hire someone to check up on you in case you're offline for more than 36 hours?  Do you have any neighboring seasteads that can hear you shouting / launching S.O.S. flares, or that you can float to on an inflatable mattress?  Did you forget to bring 3 months supply of hand-cranked / solar batteries, desalination equipment, canned food, fishing equipment, reading material, etc - like all experts recommend in case you get trapped on your seastead during a civilization-interrupting catastrophe?  Do you have your plastic Red Cross S.O.S. flag that you can place upon the ground anywhere in the world and live AI-analyzed satellite video feeds will summon help immediately?  Are you trying to kill yourself on purpose?!

Man, 20th century folk sure are stoooopid...

I was going to build everything I needed out of salt. 

jonsk

• View Profile

Day ?? on the platform..  I've begun eating my own leg in this god forsaken hellhole of endless blue.  The sun is a blinding dagger of torture that hangs just beyond my reach, and it speaks to me in the low tranquil tones of whale-song.  Madness is my savior, and has abandoned me yet again.  I beg its return, it lurks within the flickering waves, creating the faces of my memories under its surface in an ever-changing sheet of dream.  

This is a creative and interesting text. I would like to see the rest of the story!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:33:01 AM by jonsk »

fatcat

Great, here comes fatcat with his "property is theft" commietarded nonsense...  :roll:

Now, what arguments do the "property deniers" (aka "commie thieves") have left?

I'm in favor property ownership, dumbass. Just cause I don't agree with your arbitrary nonsense doesn't mean im commie.

p.s. stop quoting yourself in arguments, no one ever reads it.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile

Great, here comes fatcat with his "property is theft" commietarded nonsense...  :roll:

He never said that property is theft, he said that a claim is insufficient to create a property title. Which it is, as the property itself isn't even created with a mere claim. Property is created when natural resources are transformed, by human labor, into an economic good. Until that property exists, no title thereto can exist.

If you want to homestead the high seas, you must do something to transform the sea from its natural state into a productive state. Simply planting a flag on a stretch of unowned water (or land) does not create a property in anything but the water occupied by the flag.

One simple idea is the construction of a breakwater. Calming the surface of the water is a clear mark of transformation, and it makes the surface productive by allowing small craft to easily occupy or traverse it.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

I agree with Mac and Fatcat. You need to till the land, create some pasture for animals, build road, build structures, etc.
On water: install breakers, plant nets for a fish farm, make a platform, build a wind or water turbine, etc.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

velojym

• Mostly Harmless
  • Existence is Theft!!! *drool*
    • View Profile
Re: Take ownership of your part of the high seas today - with your private rules
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »

I guess that doesn't bode well for folks who want to buy land for the purpose of preservation, eh?
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
-Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Take ownership of your part of the high seas today - with your private rules

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.