Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Swine Flu Epidemic
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Swine Flu Epidemic  (Read 24885 times)

Jetfire

Re: Swine Flu Epidemic
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2009, 01:58:07 AM »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2009, 02:31:53 AM »

I'm not planning on getting the flu, but why the fuck is wisconsin (specifically my area) swarming? Do people not know how to wash their hands?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

blackie

Re: Swine Flu pandemic -WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-swineflu12-2009jun12,0,1232742.story

Swine flu pandemic declared by World Health Organization

The World Health Organization this morning acknowledged what many health experts have been saying for weeks: The outbreak of novel H1N1 virus is now a pandemic.

In a letter sent to its member countries, the WHO said it is officially raising its infectious diseases alert to Phase 6, its highest level, in recognition of the fact that the virus is now undergoing communitywide transmission in Australia as well as in North America. Such spread in two distinct regions of the world is the primary criterion for raising the alert level.

But the agency said that the pandemic is only "moderate in severity" and cautioned against overreactions to the increased alert level.

The announcement marks the advent of the first global influenza epidemic in 41 years. The last one was the Hong Kong flu epidemic of 1968, which killed an estimated 1 million people worldwide.

So far, the H1N1 or swine flu pandemic this year has accounted for 27,737 laboratory-confirmed cases and 141 deaths, although health officials believe many times that number have been infected but have not been tested because their disease was mild.

A normal seasonal flu outbreak kills about 250,000 to 500,000 people worldwide.

In most industrialized countries, the rise in the alert level will have little practical effect because health authorities were already behaving as though a pandemic had been declared. In the United States, where there have been more than 13,000 cases and at least 27 deaths, "Our actions in the past month have been as if there was a pandemic in this country," said Glen Nowak, a spokesman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But it will accelerate the production of a vaccine against the new virus. Several countries have signed contracts for the vaccine with manufacturers that call for its production if a pandemic is declared. Most of them have received so-called seed stock viruses from the CDC in the past two weeks, allowing them to begin the lengthy process of growing the virus in eggs and producing vaccines. But it will still take a minimum of four to six months for the vaccines to be available for use.

The announcement will have more impact on Third World countries, freeing up additional funds for treatment and prevention and helping to make stocks of antiviral drugs more readily available.

The WHO has hesitated to raise the alert level for fear that such an announcement would be misconstrued as an indication that the virus has become more pathogenic. WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl emphasized today that "Phase 6 doesn't mean anything concerning severity, it is concerning global spread. . . . Pandemic means global, but it doesn't have any connotation of severity or mildness."

In fact, he said, all evidence to date is overwhelming that the virus is mild in its effects. Experts fear, however, that as it passes through populations, it could mutate to become more lethal and return with increased force in the winter influenza season. That is what happened with the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918.

Officials had said they feared that the announcement would lead frightened people who are not really sick to overrun hospital emergency rooms, impairing the healthcare system's ability to treat the truly sick. That has happened in past outbreaks, and there is already some evidence that it is happening in South America, particularly in Chile, where the numbers of infected have been growing.

Dr. Keiji Fukuda, assistant director general of the WHO, also said earlier this week that he fears imposition of travel restrictions, border closing and bans on food imports -- all of which have already happened in the earlier stages of the outbreak.

blackie

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »

Someone in the building I work in gots the swine flu.

Riddler

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »

nigga, we got , like, 4 kids in my kids school (last week) that had it.
fucking petri dishes the fucking places are anyways

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »

Someone at Jizz's work had it too.  She was a temp though. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2009, 10:50:51 PM »

Just a temp? Oh--well, in that case, screw her.  :shock:
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:42 PM »

Just a temp? Oh--well, in that case, screw her.  :shock:

Haha.  Well, I didn't want him near the swine flu infested office worker.   :lol:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:18:32 AM by Krasavitsa »
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Jetfire

« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »

oh shit swine flu is spreading!!!!!!!!!!! its a tru epidemic!  :shock:

RottingNation

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2009, 04:18:52 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

blackie

« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/24/h1n1.obama/index.html

- President Obama has declared a national emergency to deal with the "rapid increase in illness" from the H1N1 influenza virus.

"The 2009 H1N1 pandemic continues to evolve. The rates of illness continue to rise rapidly within many communities across the nation, and the potential exists for the pandemic to overburden health care resources in some localities," Obama said in a statement.

Kvitka

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2009, 06:36:37 PM »

Let me ask you 1 question:  Do you believe your government?

If you said no, than why would you believe them that Viruses are real?

Read this article please, and vaccinate yourself with the Truth, not some chemical nonsense:

Swine Flu Lie:  http://www.whale.to/vaccine/pandemic1.html

More articles on Virus lies:  http://www.whale.to/a/lanka_h.html

Science of Cure: www.endofdiseases.com

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2009, 06:44:14 PM »

One of my girlfriend's friends on cheer got swine flu.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2009, 06:52:58 PM »

Another Article on the Proclamation of National emergency on swine flu

http://renovomedia.com/news/obama-declares-swine-flu-state-of-emergency/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Swine Flu Epidemic

// ]]>

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 32 queries.