Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stupidest Example of Intrusive Government
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupidest Example of Intrusive Government  (Read 3009 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Stupidest Example of Intrusive Government
« on: September 14, 2010, 03:18:04 AM »

A woman I know burned herself the other day on the oven. She didn't think it was a big deal, but I suggested putting silvadine (silver sulfadiazine) burn cream on the afflicted area. When I went home, and checked my medicine cabinet, I saw that my bottle of it was horribly out of date. I called a friend of mine who is a nurse, and asked if it needed a prescription. It did.

I lost my shit.

Seriously, what the fuck? What the fuck? I want some statist apologists on here to explain to me why they think a person shouldn't be able to heal their own burns. This is one of the most retarded laws ever. Its not like there is some kind of black market for this going around, and it sure as hell can't be used for any psychoactive effects, so I don't know what the hell this is about. Why do I need some doctors permission to get this when I know whats wrong?

What the fuck?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

BonerJoe

Re: Stupidest Example of Intrusive Government
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:49:19 AM »

I have a jar of it that's at least 10 years old that I found in the trash. Its still good.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 06:00:11 AM »

More of an example of Big Pharma tangled with the government, not allowing alternatives to compete in the market easily.

From what I've read, most expired medicine stuff just loses effectiveness, unlike food that expires and gets quite nasty.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:17:43 PM »

For the most part, the same rage can (and should, IMO) be directed at the very existence of prescriptions in the first place. 

If I have any agreement with them, it's in regard to the antibiotics/superbug thing, but I would prefer any number of discipline methods over prescription--and even with prescriptions, I'm sure you can find plenty of such stuff sitting in medicine cabinets (hell, some people probably take them way after the "event" they should have finished them for, trying to combat things.)  So, the prescription probably doesn't even do anything there either.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »

My brother-in-law is a doctor and prescribes himself antibiotics whenever he's sick, much to the distress of my (also a doctor) sister. So just limiting the ability to prescribe antibiotics to people who should know better doesn't do much good.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »

For the most part, the same rage can (and should, IMO) be directed at the very existence of prescriptions in the first place. 

If I have any agreement with them, it's in regard to the antibiotics/superbug thing, but I would prefer any number of discipline methods over prescription--and even with prescriptions, I'm sure you can find plenty of such stuff sitting in medicine cabinets (hell, some people probably take them way after the "event" they should have finished them for, trying to combat things.)  So, the prescription probably doesn't even do anything there either.

Right! I get it. requiring prescriptions. Don't agree but I understand for antibiotics, but how the hell do you fuck up treating your own burn?

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

yeah but what if you eat it.  That's why we need government.  If not for their prescription process people would simply buy this burn creme and eat it.  Thanks government!

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 02:53:13 PM »

yeah but what if you eat it.  That's why we need government.  If not for their prescription process people would simply buy this burn creme and eat it.  Thanks government!

Shit, sometimes I've come close with athlete's foot cream next to the toothpaste. MOMMA GOVERNMENT PROTECT ME!
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »

No cure for Diabetes in site, but I regularly must visit my doctor so he can write new prescriptions to allow me to purchase insulin.

Some states refuse to sell needles without a prescription too.. 'cause of the junkies.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

BonerJoe

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »

Some states refuse to sell needles without a prescription too.. 'cause of the junkies.

I never understood this. They would rather have them get Hepatitis and HIV, increasing the costs to the State. Sigh.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »

I never understood this. They would rather have them get Hepatitis and HIV, increasing the costs to the State. Sigh.

Whats even dumber is that they're different types of needles.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »

The new kinds of insulins (that I'm using anyway) come in a "pen"- filled with insulin that you screw a small needle onto the top of - so it isn't even a needle that can hold any liquid on it's own.

Back in high school though, I used the old sort of syringe - the kind you stick into the vial of insulin. A few jocks used to hound me to give them my old needles so they could inject steroids with 'em. Never gave them any though.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 07:13:43 PM »

The new kinds of insulins (that I'm using anyway) come in a "pen"- filled with insulin that you screw a small needle onto the top of - so it isn't even a needle that can hold any liquid on it's own.

Back in high school though, I used the old sort of syringe - the kind you stick into the vial of insulin. A few jocks used to hound me to give them my old needles so they could inject steroids with 'em. Never gave them any though.

You're fucking lazy. Just use your pancreas to make your own insulin like everyone else does. I make my own, and I don't even have to think about it.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 07:26:54 PM »

WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS DIOGENEISES!

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »

WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS DIOGENEISES!

Oh yeah.

Must be a bitch having to keep getting prescriptions from your doctor:

"No, my diabetes didn't heal itself".....

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stupidest Example of Intrusive Government

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.