Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Streetwalking in Amsterdam
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streetwalking in Amsterdam  (Read 6240 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Streetwalking in Amsterdam
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 10:45:38 AM »

I thought I read, perhaps a year ago, that they're starting to enforce the cannabis ban around the center of town.  I think I might even have heard it here.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »

I thought I read, perhaps a year ago, that they're starting to enforce the cannabis ban around the center of town.  I think I might even have heard it here.

You're not supposed to smoke outside the cafe, but they'll let it slide if you're not being an asshole.  You can keep it on the DL and take a rip off a joint, act natural.  Nobody's gonna spin their head at the smell.  Taking big gaggers off a 4ft Graffix bong, probably not a good idea out on the sidewalk. 

Licensed cafe's are not to be traded from one owner to another.  They're sort of grandfathered, by my limited understanding.  If I tried to sell my cafe to you, you'd probably have a hard time keeping it open and selling buds.  I guess in other words, they're not issuing new licenses or transferring licenses, although you may be able to wiggle a transfer if you're connected - who knows, gray area politics.  Exemption, favor, could happen from time to time under certain circumstances.  So as time progresses and people get old, the cafe's are dwindling in number - and that kind of statistical number slide over time could lead people to say OMGz, they're closing the cafe's. 

I think the most notable thing thats happened is magic mushrooms have been reclassified.  You're not allowed to sell them in cannabis cafe's at all.  Previously you could.  Now they have some "special shops" where you can get them, and they treat it as an offense that will fuck over your pot cafe.  I'm a little hazy on that one. 

Since people don't trip nearly as much as they smoke, the choice of the shops is pretty obvious which one they'll cater towards.   

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 01:40:29 AM »

So, anyone have anything to say on the point of this thread? Voluntary alternatives to taking aggressive action. Win-win situations.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »

Did they use their own money to build "Hooker Street" or did they steal it?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »

I'm not going to say its 100% or even close to voluntary. The point is to look it and realize they could have cracked down. They could have got more cops on the case. Instead, they gave in to market pressure. It is this sort of thing we can examine for use in the free market. Someone doing something you dislike? Offer them a non-coercive incentive to behave differently. The customers (demand) looking for the cheaper streetwalkers (supply) now know the best place to look for it.

I'm not a statist or an idiot so dont pretend like I am attempting to approve of the state.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 11:37:49 AM »

I'm not going to say its 100% or even close to voluntary. The point is to look it and realize they could have cracked down. They could have got more cops on the case. Instead, they gave in to market pressure. It is this sort of thing we can examine for use in the free market. Someone doing something you dislike? Offer them a non-coercive incentive to behave differently. The customers (demand) looking for the cheaper streetwalkers (supply) now know the best place to look for it.

I'm not a statist or an idiot so dont pretend like I am attempting to approve of the state.

Well, my comment was in response to an express request for comment on "voluntary alternatives," so I thought the point was valid.  I think from a practical standpoint the way they chose to use force was preferable (although, on second thought, they used the force on the "victims"--aka taxpayers--not the "offenders", and that may not be preferable), but I figured that was obvious--about as obvious as it is that I support neither.

I do agree with the point you've now made, that it may not be out of our control to personally offer incentives to offenders that they might behave better.  I believe Mark did this when he wanted his neighbor to clean up his yard so he could sell his house.  That may be worth dwelling on, though it's not unheard of to offer voluntary drug-treatment charities, etc.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »

If these women "can't afford rent" then they must be really ugly or very bad at their craft.

I think it means they can't afford to rent an establishment in which to ply their trade-- not that they can't afford a place to live. 

That's exactly what I mean: They cannot afford to practice in an establishment, which means they are either not very good or not very good looking.

Or, addicted to drugs. Either way, not a good customer choice.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Bill Brasky

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 04:31:57 AM »

If these women "can't afford rent" then they must be really ugly or very bad at their craft.

I think it means they can't afford to rent an establishment in which to ply their trade-- not that they can't afford a place to live. 

That's exactly what I mean: They cannot afford to practice in an establishment, which means they are either not very good or not very good looking.

Or, addicted to drugs. Either way, not a good customer choice.

Or they are owned by human traffickers.

Which has nothing to do with skill or physical attractiveness, or addiction. 

What percentage of those women do you think get up in the morning (or late afternoon) and ply their trade willingly, Mike? 

Heres a hint, if they had a place, they could invite men over and fuck them in the comforts of their own apartment - and then they wouldn't have to suck ten dicks a night in a dangerous place for twenty euros a pop.  They are slaves, and live in dorms like army recruits - not unlike the phillipino or mexican immigrants here who live eighteen in a house.  You can't fuck guys in those conditions, because the line would be horrendous, and it would be a meat-machine of twisting asses with no privacy- and johns won't fuck pussy in those conditions.  Nobody fucks pussy barracks style, the pimps kick them out to streetwalk. 

Its completely stupid to assume the majority of those women are there of their own accord. 

Amid that outdoor scene, there are women who dabble.  They might troll the scene to suck three dicks for pocket money, and GTFO.  Or pick up a john for an all-nighter, if they have their own place and try to make a life.  It takes all kinds. 

But the majority are there hustling, full time.  Thats what streetwalkers do.  They suck every dick they can get, all night long, every night.  And they don't go home to a nice, comfy place.  They go home to a barracks, shoot up or just keep rolling wasted, and nod off.  And they don't keep any of their money. 

Its not a barracks in the conventional sense, like in army movies, or prison with steel bunks.  Its just a house with maxed out space.  If they can fit four bunk-beds in the livingroom, they do it.  Two bunkbeds in a regular bedroom is four people.  Thats about twenty people in a typical house.  The pimp gets his own room, and he's the controller of the house, beholden to the lord who has several similar houses.  This is organized crime, and its perfectly obvious that you never invite customers into the house.

The pimp owes a whopping cut to the don.  He feeds and drugs the bitches.  He takes care of details.  He has a floater or two who float among several houses, dispense ass-whoopins above generic level, and take care of more important shit.  In the Italian mafia, they would be capos, and the pimps are street soldiers. 

I'm not sure what part of this scenario you think is a life-choice, when the women are smuggled in from another country, punched and kicked until they totally understand the seriousness of the pimp, and told there are invisible people lurking in the crowd that recognize them and will kill them if they don't return, but the pimps are quite serious.  And I'm pretty sure if I dispensed that level of serious violence towards you, in the corner of your very own kitchen, you'd probably fold into a pile of faggotry and suck every dick I pointed at until you collapsed from exhaustion. 

And if you balk at the statement, I guarantee I could escalate the level of violence to a higher order.  We would agree at my seriousness somewhere, or you would fucking die.  Thats how pimpin' works, and you would suck the dick. 

Nobody seems to get this, and it irritates me a little bit.

alaric89

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 02:25:49 PM »

I have never been to Amsterdam. I have been in Germany which has a similar law system on prostitution- its legal in certain districts etc. The thing you seem to forget Drifter, is when something is legal a scumbag like a pimp or human trafficker becomes a regular murderer/rapist/assaulter. The whore simply calls the police when she has a bad customer. Again, I don't know what kind of police they have in Amsterdam. The cops in germany would jack a perp up, and they showed up quick after a call.

alaric89

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 01:37:47 AM »

One more point on my freedom kick. In Norway a few years back prostitution was legal although rare. We had little problems with pimps and human traffickers. Now it's illegal and.... now we have problems with pimps and human traffickers.

Murkan Mike

• In Exile
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »

Drifters partially right, but what he describes isn't so prevalent in A-Dam, as the prostitution is legal there. I go to A-Dam a lot, and while I don't spend any time in serious negotiation with the Ho's, I do see them out there, and know the difference between asphalt tramps and working girls.  The scenarios he decribes happens more often in eastern europe and scandinavia, where it isn't above board.  I know several prostitutes in Germany, who live pretty regular lives during the day.  It's out east that the cruelty really happens, and who are they going to call for help, the police?  The police run the rackets out east, and Drifter probably describes it well.

I have known Defense Contractors in Bosnia and Kosovo who have bought women for around $2,000 (in 1999).  I mean really bought them, and owned them like chattel slaves.  They had their passports and everything.  They weren't cruel enough to keep the girls though, but they thought they could. 

But not all prostitutes are human slaves. Here in Germany, particularly the former East Germany, there are a lot of women who form a legal company, and incorporate, and prostitute themselves.  That way, they can write off on their taxes their sheets, showers, clothing, renovations, rubbers, and all sorts of things as business expenses.

Pimping doesn't earn a lot when there are legal Ho's out there with clean lean supple bodies, turning tricks for 100 EU ($125) for an hours worth of work.  Who wants a beat up, black eyed, scared and doped up, dirty stinky little infested Ho, when the clean and nice ones are availble?

I can't believe that America still outlaws prostitution.  Is it still legal in Nevada?

I'm not a sheep, so....... why do you keep sending me a shepherd?

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »

I can't believe that America still outlaws prostitution.  Is it still legal in Nevada?

It was (and still is) only legal in a couple of counties of Nevada.  It's not legal in Las Vegas. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Streetwalking in Amsterdam

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.