Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stories of retail hell...  (Read 41985 times)

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
Re: Stories of retail hell...
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2009, 12:03:38 PM »

I've been working at a local Wal-Mart as a remodel associate for the past two months or so.  The store's been staying open while undergoing renovations during 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.  It's driving some of the customers up a wall.  One lady was just about yelling at us one day proclaiming that we'd end up losing money, and she'll never shop here again--etc, etc.  For a nation that just elected it's first black president on a capaign sugar coated with promises of hope and change, these people sure do hate change.  The woman turned around to head to whichever department she was looking for.  I turned to a co-worker and said with a wink and a nod, she'll be back.  they aallll-ways come back.

I brush that off my shoulders pretty easy.  Most people are just slightly confused looking for an oil filter in the old automotive department and finding a baby rattle instead, and they will politley thank you when you point them in the right direction.  They'll eventually get used to the new layout of the store once the remodel is done.  And then in about 10 years, we'll tear it all up again.  This company has store planning managers that do nothing but travel to Wal-Marts all across the U.S. and oversee the remodel.  Our second shift manager is from Michigan.

Yesterday I was dragging some scrap shelves out to the warehouse and had to take a break to go take a piss.  For the past week, our regular bathrooms have been under construction, so the company had to rent some portable bathrooms until that was finished.  They're inside a trailor just outside a fire exit that's been propped open.  So I'm walking across the store to this fire exit to take a leak, and as soon as a get there I see these red neck pieces of shit.  I wouldn't have even noticed them had one not opened his mouth.  As I'm walking towards the door, he suggests to me that all the Wal-Marts everywhere oughta get equipped with these trashy trailor bathrooms because they so suit the style of our store...or something.  I look at him, offer an awkward smile, and continue my way into this temporary bathroom setup that's sitting there, probably more for his sake than mine.

I'm taking my piss, pondering what this redneck just said to me, and wondering, If your opinion of this company is so low...why are you even here to begin with?  I get done, I wash my hands, I walk out the door--only to be accosted by this redneck's butch-ugly girlfriend.  She adresses me as "Mr. Wal-mart worker" which wouldn't have bothered me as much if it weren't for the abundance of attitude in the tone of her voice.  For some reason, she decides to open her complaint to me by stating that "she knows how disgruntled I am and that she knows I really don't want to be here right now"...she mentions both these things about three times, which also rubs me the wrong way due to the fact that she's professing to know how I feel.  She essentially wants to bitch at me about the fact that the soap dispenser fell off in the women's end of the temp-trailor bathrooms.  She gives me the fucking dispenser and puts it in my hand.  She tells me I should go get someone to do something about this...blah blah blah...all with a condescending attitude complete with overtones of self-righteousness worthy of New England rednecker welfare-queen.  As politley as I could, I told her I was sorry, but these bathroom fixtures are temporary and don't even belong to Wal-Mart.  If she had any problem with the facilities (I pointed to a logo/phone number printed on the trailor) that she could jot down that number and give them a call when she got home.

I left her to wallow in her bitchiness with her trashy boyfriend/brother whatever as I went on my merry way to continue doing what I was being paid to do.  I would have at least appeased her and told her I'd alert management if it weren't for her fucking bitch attitutude.  And I still hate rednecks.  My reasons are many and legitimate.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:05:46 PM by Kunst »
Do yourself a favor.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »

And I still hate rednecks.  My reasons are many and legitimate.

Sounds like Wal-Mart is probably not the best place for you to be working, then. 

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »

And I still hate rednecks.  My reasons are many and legitimate.

Sounds like Wal-Mart is probably not the best place for you to be working, then. 

not around here.  most people are pretty decent, and carry themseleves with some amount of class.
I may have even seen Marissa Tomei buying dogfood last week.
Do yourself a favor.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.