Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Stories of retail hell...  (Read 42057 times)

Riddler

Re: Stories of retail hell...
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2008, 06:10:06 PM »

Regardless, it sounds like you're a perfect fit for a porcupine suit. Why not get your butt outta Florida and head to New Hampshire? You've got nothing keeping you in the sunshine state, right? You're a libertarian chick, move to where all the libertarians are gonna be, and you're bound to find a guy you like better than a gold-tooth wearin' crackhead. I'm sure you could get a job in retail up there. They're always looking for good people in retail, because so many people in that business suck ass (no offense, I've been there too, and I know that good help that shows up sober and on time and can make accurate change without verbally abusing the customers is hard to find). I'm just sayin', you are one of the few people who actually likes the kind of weather they have, so you don't even have that it's too cold excuse!

I'm not really too keen (har) on New Hampshire.  As for my love life - I don't think it's in New Hampshire.  It's not here either though.  We'll see.   :lol:

As for Florida, I currently cannot afford a place to live on my own - let alone to pick up and incur moving expenses to another area of the country.  I will say that I have been most unhappy today as it was eighty-four degrees earlier, and I am hotter than an ice cube in Hell right now. 

my right arm for 84

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »

Regardless, it sounds like you're a perfect fit for a porcupine suit. Why not get your butt outta Florida and head to New Hampshire? You've got nothing keeping you in the sunshine state, right? You're a libertarian chick, move to where all the libertarians are gonna be, and you're bound to find a guy you like better than a gold-tooth wearin' crackhead. I'm sure you could get a job in retail up there. They're always looking for good people in retail, because so many people in that business suck ass (no offense, I've been there too, and I know that good help that shows up sober and on time and can make accurate change without verbally abusing the customers is hard to find). I'm just sayin', you are one of the few people who actually likes the kind of weather they have, so you don't even have that it's too cold excuse!

I'm not really too keen (har) on New Hampshire.  As for my love life - I don't think it's in New Hampshire.  It's not here either though.  We'll see.   :lol:

As for Florida, I currently cannot afford a place to live on my own - let alone to pick up and incur moving expenses to another area of the country.  I will say that I have been most unhappy today as it was eighty-four degrees earlier, and I am hotter than an ice cube in Hell right now. 

my right arm for 84

Hell, I'll trade you for free.  I couldn't sleep last night because I was so hot.  And then we finally turned on the air this afternoon and I took a nap for a few hours - still woke up miserable and hot.   :x
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »

my right arm for 84

Hell, I'll trade you for free.  I couldn't sleep last night because I was so hot.  And then we finally turned on the air this afternoon and I took a nap for a few hours - still woke up miserable and hot.   :x

it's not the heat....it's the humidity

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2008, 06:32:55 PM »

my right arm for 84

It's both.  Trust me.  I just don't like being hot.  At all. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »

my right arm for 84

It's both.  Trust me.  I just don't like being hot.  At all. 

ahh then, the great white north is for you...
* not to  be racist*

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2008, 06:37:05 PM »

Yeah, waking up sweating is miserable.  I'm going to try sleeping with socks on tonight, because it's just my feet that end up being cold when I sleep with no covers. 
         -George W. Bush

JWI

« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »

move to where all the libertarians are gonna be
:lol:

You mean the libertarians that live in a state full of statists that will implement an income tax soon?

The libertarians that live in a state that doesn't seem to have a problem putting people in jail over a moldy old couch?

The libertarians that make fun of other people for not doing the same dumb crap as them that gets them thrown in jail?

The libertarians that think a sign and a flag burn will change the world?

Fuck that.  Stay in Florida, moving to NH will only result in heartache when you realized you moved for the same shit you had in your previous state.

Riddler

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2008, 08:26:59 AM »

we got maple syrup

JWI

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2008, 07:57:50 PM »

Riddler

« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »

we got maple syrup

so does wal-mart.

blaspheming bitch.
we get to suck it right out da tree.
& stand around for 14 hrs, drinking like madmen while it boils

JWI

« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2008, 08:55:06 PM »

we got maple syrup

so does wal-mart.

blaspheming bitch.
we get to suck it right out da tree.
& stand around for 14 hrs, drinking like madmen while it boils

I take the 5 minutes to get it at wal-mart.  Then I have pancakes.  Then I have a drink.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »

Here's a mildly amusing tale from this evening...

So I spent about an hour re-merchandising a display case.  My store is a kiosk, and this means that I had about 85 pieces of product out on the counter, and four backstock boxes out.  So...basically about 140 pairs of Ray Bans.  I see some confused old lady come up behind me and plop her upper body on my counter.  She is behind me, but I saw her out of the corner of my eye in the mirror.  Anyway, since I think it's fucking retarded to come up behind someone and make no noise at all, I ignored her because I knew she just wanted to ask me a question.  So a few seconds later she yells "EXCUSE ME!" and begins to ask her question.  Something about some custom jewelry "stand" in the mall.  I told her I didn't know, but that there was a directory about fifty feet behind her, and that might help her find it.  I wasn't even rude this time, because I seriously had never heard of this place she was talking about.  So she gets a nasty tone with me and says "No no, it's not on there.  Places like this are not on there.  Only stores are".

Of course that got my blood a little hot...and I just looked at her and I'm like "Lady, the place you're talking about...is a store.  It's a business.  THIS is a store, and you'd better believe it's on the directory.  Check the legend.  By the way, the legend is the thing with all the funny shapes that tells you where things like kiosks, restrooms, and pay phones are.  Enjoy."

That's right...I even threw "enjoy!" in there.   :shock:
         -George W. Bush

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2008, 01:53:06 AM »

Should have shouted "RAD!" at her as she walked away in a huff.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2008, 01:54:44 AM »

Should have shouted "RAD!" at her as she walked away in a huff.

You're right.  I'll remember that for next time.

When I hit 60, I want one of you to shoot me. 
         -George W. Bush

bakerbaker

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2008, 01:59:23 AM »

So a few seconds later she yells "EXCUSE ME!" and begins to ask her question.  Something about some custom jewelry "stand" in the mall.  I told her I didn't know, but that there was a directory about fifty feet behind her, and that might help her find it.

Do you ever think that your kiosk's close proximity to the directory is causing all these people to ask you where everything is?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.