Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Stories of retail hell...  (Read 42045 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Stories of retail hell...
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »

Nice!  :lol:

JWI

« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2008, 11:02:40 PM »

I don't know, it kind of felt like global fucking warming here today.  It felt like it was hovering in the mid-70s this afternoon when I left work right around 4. 

It's Florida, that doesn't count.

Seriously, if I hear politicians talking about global warming when it's -10 here this winter I will grab a sign and go protest!

That sign is perfect.  Now I need a shirt with a witty anti-establishment saying on it and a flag to burn.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2008, 11:07:09 PM »

I think a shirt that just says "WAT" would be slightly amusing to those of who know what it means. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

bakerbaker

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »

I think a shirt that just says "WAT" would be slightly amusing to those of who know what it means. 

everyone else would just be all like, "FUCK YEAAAAHHHH!!!  WAR AGAINST TERROR, BITCHES!!!"
...or, quite simply:  "...'WAT.'  huh?"

EXACTLY!

That sign is perfect.  Now I need a shirt with a witty anti-establishment saying on it and a flag to burn.

sinceredagreat

« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2008, 11:14:01 PM »

Fuck all that. It's cold than a bitch in Chicago, and I am suing Al Gore's silly ass. I gave away a leather bomber jacket because of him (actually I gave that away because I got stationed in Cali in 2004), but still he doesn't know that, and I am gonna sue him for his punk ass Nobel Peace Prize, then chuck it at his fucking head.

It's fucking cold.

bakerbaker

« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2008, 03:30:32 AM »

It's above freezing in Ithaca for the first time in a few days, so fuck yeah.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2008, 10:55:28 AM »

I don't know, it kind of felt like global fucking warming here today.  It felt like it was hovering in the mid-70s this afternoon when I left work right around 4. 

Seriously, if I hear politicians talking about global warming when it's -10 here this winter I will grab a sign and go protest!

I hate hot weather though.   :(

So, then, when can the Free State expect another matching set of X chromosomes with a resume full of retail experience?
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »

I hate hot weather though.   :(

So, then, when can the Free State expect another matching set of X chromosomes with a resume full of retail experience?

Actually, this is the only job I've ever had.  I started it right before I graduated high school.   :shock:
         -George W. Bush

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »

Regardless, it sounds like you're a perfect fit for a porcupine suit. Why not get your butt outta Florida and head to New Hampshire? You've got nothing keeping you in the sunshine state, right? You're a libertarian chick, move to where all the libertarians are gonna be, and you're bound to find a guy you like better than a gold-tooth wearin' crackhead. I'm sure you could get a job in retail up there. They're always looking for good people in retail, because so many people in that business suck ass (no offense, I've been there too, and I know that good help that shows up sober and on time and can make accurate change without verbally abusing the customers is hard to find). I'm just sayin', you are one of the few people who actually likes the kind of weather they have, so you don't even have that it's too cold excuse!
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

blackie

« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2008, 03:46:06 PM »

move to where all the libertarians are gonna be
:lol:

Taors

« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »

?

Riddler

« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2008, 05:45:01 PM »

?

movin' to montana soon,
gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2008, 05:55:18 PM »

Regardless, it sounds like you're a perfect fit for a porcupine suit. Why not get your butt outta Florida and head to New Hampshire? You've got nothing keeping you in the sunshine state, right? You're a libertarian chick, move to where all the libertarians are gonna be, and you're bound to find a guy you like better than a gold-tooth wearin' crackhead. I'm sure you could get a job in retail up there. They're always looking for good people in retail, because so many people in that business suck ass (no offense, I've been there too, and I know that good help that shows up sober and on time and can make accurate change without verbally abusing the customers is hard to find). I'm just sayin', you are one of the few people who actually likes the kind of weather they have, so you don't even have that it's too cold excuse!

I'm not really too keen (har) on New Hampshire.  As for my love life - I don't think it's in New Hampshire.  It's not here either though.  We'll see.   :lol:

As for Florida, I currently cannot afford a place to live on my own - let alone to pick up and incur moving expenses to another area of the country.  I will say that I have been most unhappy today as it was eighty-four degrees earlier, and I am hotter than an ice cube in Hell right now. 
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.