Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Stories of retail hell...  (Read 42055 times)

JWI

Re: Stories of retail hell...
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2008, 08:46:28 PM »

There's a couple of toy drives I'm interested in checking out.  One of them is a bit far away though, so I don't think I'll be able to make it there.  But I've been feeling like I really want to try and give SOMETHING.  At Thanksgiving, I donated a bunch of these pre-priced and pre-packed bags of food that the grocery store had packed up to donate, and I'm hoping they'll do it again for Christmas (I wish they would year-round).  But I feel like toys for kids at Christmas are important.  Especially in even more troubled times where so many people have lost so much in the past year. 

Sometimes I wish I could fix all of the things that are wrong with the world.   :(

You and me both.  Then I realize it's impossible so I go back to playing video games.

Seriously, some stores do a year round food bank thing.  Most of them let you round up your bill and the rounded part goes into a fund for the food bank.  They don't really advertise it so you might have to ask a manager.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2008, 08:49:41 PM »

There's a couple of toy drives I'm interested in checking out.  One of them is a bit far away though, so I don't think I'll be able to make it there.  But I've been feeling like I really want to try and give SOMETHING.  At Thanksgiving, I donated a bunch of these pre-priced and pre-packed bags of food that the grocery store had packed up to donate, and I'm hoping they'll do it again for Christmas (I wish they would year-round).  But I feel like toys for kids at Christmas are important.  Especially in even more troubled times where so many people have lost so much in the past year. 

Sometimes I wish I could fix all of the things that are wrong with the world.   :(

You and me both.  Then I realize it's impossible so I go back to playing video games.

Seriously, some stores do a year round food bank thing.  Most of them let you round up your bill and the rounded part goes into a fund for the food bank.  They don't really advertise it so you might have to ask a manager.

Oh that would be nice.  I'm not religious, but I keep wanting to try and find a church or some kind of organization that volunteers and do the soup-kitchen thing or something every so often.  Especially on holidays.  I don't really have much in the way of family here, so I usually don't spend holidays at home as it is.  They're boring, and it would give me something to do while it benefits other people.  I'll have to poke around and ask some people at work, I'm sure somebody will know something. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

JWI

« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2008, 09:07:06 PM »

You and me both.  Then I realize it's impossible so I go back to playing video games.

Seriously, some stores do a year round food bank thing.  Most of them let you round up your bill and the rounded part goes into a fund for the food bank.  They don't really advertise it so you might have to ask a manager.

Oh that would be nice.  I'm not religious, but I keep wanting to try and find a church or some kind of organization that volunteers and do the soup-kitchen thing or something every so often.  Especially on holidays.  I don't really have much in the way of family here, so I usually don't spend holidays at home as it is.  They're boring, and it would give me something to do while it benefits other people.  I'll have to poke around and ask some people at work, I'm sure somebody will know something. 

Well out of all the charities I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity the most.  Call it self interest though since I like to learn about plumbing and electric work so I can do it myself.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2008, 09:08:18 PM »

You know, a bunch of people from my work did one together like four years ago or so.  I keep trying to get us to do another one, because I think we'd have a lot of fun while doing it. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »

First snow of the year, right now. :(

Amazingly, it's snowing in Dallas  right now.  First it was hailing, then actual snow began to fall.  The ground is solidly white, as far as I can tell.   

Edit: Okay, the ground isn't actually solidly white....that was just the deck.  The deck is solidly white, though.   :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:27:12 PM by Rillion »

sinceredagreat

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »

Amazingly, it's snowing in Dallas  right now.  First it was hailing, then actual snow began to fall.  The ground is solidly white, as far as I can tell.   

Global warming my ass. I'm gonna fuck Al Gore up if I ever see him in person.

JWI

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2008, 10:40:18 PM »

Global warming my ass. I'm gonna fuck Al Gore up if I ever see him in person.

oh and Ojesus was meeting with Al Gore today to discuss global warming.  Actually they call it global climate change now so they can be right either way.  Watch for Ojesus to invest spend a metric fuckton of money to "solve" a problem that doesn't exist.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »

I don't know, it kind of felt like global fucking warming here today.  It felt like it was hovering in the mid-70s this afternoon when I left work right around 4. 
         -George W. Bush

JWI

« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »

I don't know, it kind of felt like global fucking warming here today.  It felt like it was hovering in the mid-70s this afternoon when I left work right around 4. 

It's Florida, that doesn't count.

Seriously, if I hear politicians talking about global warming when it's -10 here this winter I will grab a sign and go protest!

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »

Seriously, if I hear politicians talking about global warming when it's -10 here this winter I will grab a sign and go protest!

I hate hot weather though.   :(
         -George W. Bush

JWI

« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »

So do I, but -10 is a little too damn cold for me.  I want MORE global warming.  Not only would it not snow here any more, but the property values would increase because people would be attracted to the climate.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »

So do I, but -10 is a little too damn cold for me.  I want MORE global warming.  Not only would it not snow here any more, but the property values would increase because people would be attracted to the climate.

Bleh no thank you.   :shock:
         -George W. Bush

bakerbaker

« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2008, 10:54:40 PM »

Did you just Photoshop that, dude?   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

bakerbaker

« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »

Did you just Photoshop that, dude?   :lol:

haha.  yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.