Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Stories of retail hell...  (Read 42044 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Stories of retail hell...
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2008, 11:47:57 PM »

That lady sounded like a bitch.

She looked like it, too. 

Was she ghetto?

No, I actually think that the child was her granddaughter.  She was way too old for her not to be.  She was just kind of nasty.   :(
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2008, 12:10:13 AM »

Poor Lindsey.  :(

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2008, 12:11:35 AM »

Poor Lindsey.  :(

Eh, you get used to it.  Some nights though, I just want to crawl in bed and snuggle or something.  Usually I come home and play with one of the dogs and it puts me in a slightly better mood.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »

So, I left my floor associate position at my store to work as a pharmacy technician, so sadly most of my funny stories can't be repeated without violating federal law. But, I have two great ones that I can share.

Story 1

It's Black Friday, and Fridays are typically busy days for pharmacies. We have two registers, one facing out toward the main aisle and the other facing the aisle with the condoms and Monistat, among other things. Our customers form one line and we help them as we become available. Pretty simple.

So, I send someone off and this couple finishes their shopping (they are not in line in any way) and slap a value-size box of Trojan Magnum condoms and a HUGE bottle of KY on my counter. I proceed to tell them (in a very loud tone of voice) that if they want to purchase those condoms back here, they'll need to get in line and wait their turn.

They naturally went to complain to my manager. He basically tells them to go to hell. (One nice thing about working in the pharmacy is that all the pharmacists make more money than the store manager and actually care about turnover, since it takes three to six months to properly train a tech.)

--

Story 2

I usually work all weekend, I like it because it's a bit slower paced and there's fewer of the annoying sort of customer. So, I'm working register one Sunday afternoon when a woman approaches my register with a (store-brand) pregnancy test and nothing else. As I'm about to greet her, her Bluetooth headset goes off. I just silently ring her up as the following conversation ensues:
"No, I didn't buy you any beer, since you didn't put any gas in the car and I had to!"
*pause*
"Yeah, well, you know what I'm doing? I'm at the store buying a PREGNANCY TEST! And if I am pregnant, you're the father, you good-for-nothing son of a bitch! And I don't have prenatal care, not like you give a damn..."

She was literally shouting at the man, and I was trying really hard not to laugh till after she turned around. I looked inside the pharmacy proper and saw the other two techs laughing hysterically, saying, "We don't know how you just did that without laughing..."
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »

I just can't figure out why people are so clueless about what they want when they go shopping.  Or even where they are.  A lady came up to me and asked me if I could direct her to where The Gap is.  I told her that no, I could not - but that the DIRECTORY could.  It was meaner than I needed to be, but Goddamn, she walked right by it. 
         -George W. Bush

JWI

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »

Well it's christmas season so I can kinda understand but....

My wife and I were out shopping this weekend and stopped at a Fleet Farm to pick up some stuff for the coming white death.  I decided to get a couple things for our Toys for Tots drive so we went back to the toys.  We were there discussing which toys are good for what age blah blah blah and some moron and their urchin hellspawn came down the same aisle.  The next thing I know I feel something pushing at my legs damn near knocking me over.  I turn around and see it's the little snot-nosed brat.  The father just says "could you move, my kid wants to look at the toys"  After counting to 5 I said "the proper way to act is to say excuse me and not just push your way to whatever you want.  Therefore, you and your kid can wait until we're done here."

He got pissed and said some other stuff so I just turned around and told him that the more he bitched and moaned, the longer I'd stand there in the way.

Fuckin' morons who breed piss me off.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2008, 05:11:06 PM »

I just can't figure out why people are so clueless about what they want when they go shopping.  Or even where they are.  A lady came up to me and asked me if I could direct her to where The Gap is.  I told her that no, I could not - but that the DIRECTORY could.  It was meaner than I needed to be, but Goddamn, she walked right by it. 

I really couldn't tell you, Ma'am.  I don't wear crap. 

Sometimes they come up and they ask for something more specific, like a branded item of clothing or something - and they expect me to know.  Some fat women came up and asked me where they carry large sized clothing once.  And I'm no waif or anything, but I don't need to shop in special stores or special departments within stores for my clothes.  So I'm thinking to myself "I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING CLUE WHERE TO GET SIZE 22 PANTS". 

My wife and I were out shopping this weekend and stopped at a Fleet Farm to pick up some stuff for the coming white death.  I decided to get a couple things for our Toys for Tots drive so we went back to the toys.  We were there discussing which toys are good for what age blah blah blah and some moron and their urchin hellspawn came down the same aisle.  The next thing I know I feel something pushing at my legs damn near knocking me over.  I turn around and see it's the little snot-nosed brat.  The father just says "could you move, my kid wants to look at the toys"  After counting to 5 I said "the proper way to act is to say excuse me and not just push your way to whatever you want.  Therefore, you and your kid can wait until we're done here."

He got pissed and said some other stuff so I just turned around and told him that the more he bitched and moaned, the longer I'd stand there in the way.

I don't think Christmas is an excuse to act like a fucking dingbat.  I swear to Christ, if you can't find your way around a mall by reading a directory - you need help.  I will throw some people a bone though, because stores are closing left and right in our malls down here and it's hard to keep up with what's closing, not closing, moving, etc. 

That's horrible, JWI.  Horrible.  People that behave like that should be drawn and quartered.  And I would've not been so polite to the guy. 
         -George W. Bush

JWI

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »

That's horrible, JWI.  Horrible.  People that behave like that should be drawn and quartered.  And I would've not been so polite to the guy. 

Well it was my hope that by being polite it might rub off and he'd realize how much a douchebag he was being.  I was wrong.

Oh and we have a snowblower shortage up here.  I wanted to buy one but there was no way I was going to spend $1500 for one.  My trusty shovel did a good job cleaning up the 12 inches of snow today.  My scrawny muscles did not.

bakerbaker

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »

I will throw some people a bone though, because stores are closing left and right in our malls down here and it's hard to keep up with what's closing, not closing, moving, etc.

I remember walking up and down the Fox Valley River Mall a few years ago looking for the fucking FYI.

It had always been there, but this time I couldn't find it.  I finally went to ask the Information Desk.
The lady was nice, and told me the store had closed.

But shit.  Fucking assholes...
AFAIK, there is currently no storefront that specializes in music sales, But I haven't been there in about a year...so something else could have moved in.  I just remember that fact really pissing me off.  I was screaming inside my head, "REALLY?  A MALL?  REALLY?  YOU CALL THIS A FUCKING MALL, AND THERE IS NO STORE THAT SELLS MUSIC?  REALLY????

EDIT:  And I just checked.  Yup. still no music shop.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:24:30 PM by baker »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »

I read this story out loud to my boyfriend.  Thank you!  :lol:

Oh, and thank you for buying something for Toys for Tots as well.  Great charity.  Where is your coming white death?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:55:46 PM by Rillion »

JWI

« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »

I read this story out loud to my boyfriend.  Thank you!  :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it.  Looking back now it was quite funny.

Oh, and thank you for buying something for Toys for Tots as well.  Great charity.  Where is your coming white death?

Toys for Tots is good.  Even though I don't care for most kids and their parents, no presents this time of year just doesn't seem right.

Our white death was last night/today here in WI.  I was going to say we finished with about 10-12 inches, but it's snowing again.

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2008, 07:09:38 PM »

First snow of the year, right now. :(
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »

I will throw some people a bone though, because stores are closing left and right in our malls down here and it's hard to keep up with what's closing, not closing, moving, etc.

I remember walking up and down the Fox Valley River Mall a few years ago looking for the fucking FYI.

It had always been there, but this time I couldn't find it.  I finally went to ask the Information Desk.
The lady was nice, and told me the store had closed.

But shit.  Fucking assholes...
AFAIK, there is currently no storefront that specializes in music sales, But I haven't been there in about a year...so something else could have moved in.  I just remember that fact really pissing me off.  I was screaming inside my head, "REALLY?  A MALL?  REALLY?  YOU CALL THIS A FUCKING MALL, AND THERE IS NO STORE THAT SELLS MUSIC?  REALLY????

EDIT:  And I just checked.  Yup. still no music shop.

It's called FYE.  For Your Entertainment. 
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2008, 08:43:08 PM »

There's a couple of toy drives I'm interested in checking out.  One of them is a bit far away though, so I don't think I'll be able to make it there.  But I've been feeling like I really want to try and give SOMETHING.  At Thanksgiving, I donated a bunch of these pre-priced and pre-packed bags of food that the grocery store had packed up to donate, and I'm hoping they'll do it again for Christmas (I wish they would year-round).  But I feel like toys for kids at Christmas are important.  Especially in even more troubled times where so many people have lost so much in the past year. 

Sometimes I wish I could fix all of the things that are wrong with the world.   :(
         -George W. Bush

bakerbaker

« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »

It's called FYE.  For Your Entertainment. 

Oh Yeah. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 32 queries.