Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Stories of retail hell...  (Read 42050 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Stories of retail hell...
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »

I worked at Macy's for a year.  I'm done with retail for evar.

Macy's sucks especially. 
I started to go a bit crazy.  I was also working at the local hospital doing licensed work and I saw 4 of my Macy's coworkers in the mental ward over a period of 4 months.  I thought that was indicative... so I quit.

Oh shi-

That seems pretty likely.  Everyone I've ever met that works there hates it. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 08:14:06 AM »

Macy's sucks especially. 
I started to go a bit crazy.  I was also working at the local hospital doing licensed work and I saw 4 of my Macy's coworkers in the mental ward over a period of 4 months.  I thought that was indicative... so I quit.

Oh shi-

Yeah, but I only went to the mental ward maybe once a week or so, so I am guessing that there were probably even more that I never knew got locked up in the crazy wing and got let out before I made my rounds over there.  I'm guessing that a couple of them probably spotted me coming and ducked into their rooms so as not to expose themselves as nuts
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 08:15:56 AM »

Macy's sucks especially. 

Oh shi-

Yeah, but I only went to the mental ward maybe once a week or so, so I am guessing that there were probably even more that I never knew got locked up in the crazy wing and got let out before I made my rounds over there.  I'm guessing that a couple of them probably spotted me coming and ducked into their rooms so as not to expose themselves as nuts

I think everyone at Macy's responds to the word "credit".  I think their hearts start to race or something. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »

Macy's sucks especially. 

Oh shi-

I think everyone at Macy's responds to the word "credit".  I think their hearts start to race or something. 
Yeah, I always got harangued by managers for not pushing enough store credit cards, but some people would orgasm over it.  I always felt a little guilty trying to sign people up for them.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »

My friend Zach works at Circuit City now.  I am definitely not satisfied with my customer service experiences there.  Every time I go in, every motherfucker in the place ignores me.  And it's not like I look like a homeless person, because I know sales people make snap judgements.  I'm well-dressed, and I have really expensive sunglasses and really expensive purses.  I should be a magnet for these people.  But usually I don't know where to find what it is I'm looking for, and I do need help.  But they CONSTANTLY ignore me and scuttle about. 

When I bought my desktop, I had  to YELL to get one of them to even look up.  I came knowing they had the model in stock, and knowing that I wanted it.  I told the kid up front to NOT even open his fat mouth about the warranty bullshit.  Did he listen?  No.  Of course not.  I paid in cash.  He counted it wrong.  THRICE.  My mother, myself, and Stephanie counted it in front of him and laid all of the bills on the counter (hundreds, mind you - so there were only like eight to count...NOT HARD).  And he still failed until the third time he counted it himself.  I made sure to mention that he was a waste of carbon before I left. 

He must have been a Public School kid.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 10:20:37 AM »

No excuses. I went to a public school.

And I was just thinking about this, Linds, but unless these kids at CC work on commission (I don't know if they do or not) they're probably not that adept at knowing whether or not their purses or sunglasses were expensive. I acquired the skill at one of the stores I worked at, but we just used it as a scavenger hunt, the person that found the fewest items bought the first round of margaritas after work.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »

And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »

Meridia=is used to promote and maintain weight loss in obese patients. This medicine should be used with a reduced calorie diet and, if appropriate, an exercise program. This medicine may be used for other purposes; ask your health care provider or pharmacist if you have questions

Lindsey, we are definately NOT going to think you have an eating disorder.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »

I was going to look it up for her.  I am scrawny. Hence the advice.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »

No excuses. I went to a public school.

And I was just thinking about this, Linds, but unless these kids at CC work on commission (I don't know if they do or not) they're probably not that adept at knowing whether or not their purses or sunglasses were expensive. I acquired the skill at one of the stores I worked at, but we just used it as a scavenger hunt, the person that found the fewest items bought the first round of margaritas after work.

Circuit City went off commission a long time ago.  I'm not sure when, but it was before I worked there which was around 2002-2003.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 10:58:53 PM »

Some old man spewed venom at me when he asked me where Sears was today.  Right after he asked me, the phone rang - and I was expecting a call from my RM so I ran to grab the phone, pointed in the direction of Sears, and told him to follow the signs.  THE BIG ASS SIGNS THAT HAVE LETTERS THE SIZE OF AN ADULT MALE'S HAND.  I don't know what he was screaming because I picked up the phone and ignored him.  It's not my fault that people can't read and comprehend directional signs and a directory complete with map. 
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2008, 10:05:06 AM »

Some old man spewed venom at me when he asked me where Sears was today.  Right after he asked me, the phone rang - and I was expecting a call from my RM so I ran to grab the phone, pointed in the direction of Sears, and told him to follow the signs.  THE BIG ASS SIGNS THAT HAVE LETTERS THE SIZE OF AN ADULT MALE'S HAND.  I don't know what he was screaming because I picked up the phone and ignored him.  It's not my fault that people can't read and comprehend directional signs and a directory complete with map. 

Rule #342.176 of retail: Make the phone ring more than four times before picking it up. It makes your store look like it's busy.  :wink:

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2008, 11:07:01 AM »

Rule #342.176 of retail: Make the phone ring more than four times before picking it up. It makes your store look like it's busy.  :wink:

Sometimes when a creepy person is talking to me I press the volume button so the phone will ring, and I pick it up and pretend to talk on it. 
         -George W. Bush

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »

I love my cell phone as much as the next person (and probably more), but I really hate it when people gesticulate angrily at you while talking on their cell phones. Drives me insane.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »

I love my cell phone as much as the next person (and probably more), but I really hate it when people gesticulate angrily at you while talking on their cell phones. Drives me insane.

I won't help them if they're on the phone.  It's rude. 
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Stories of retail hell...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.