Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  State goes after babysitter
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: State goes after babysitter  (Read 1098 times)

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
State goes after babysitter
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:41:54 AM »

More bullshit

Regulators who oversee child care, however, don't see it as charity. Days after the start of the new school year, Snyder received a letter from the Michigan Department of Human Services warning her that if she continued, she'd be violating a law aimed at the operators of unlicensed day care centers.

"I was freaked out. I was blown away," she said. "I got on the phone immediately, called my husband, then I called all the girls" — that is, the mothers whose kids she watches — "every one of them."

Snyder's predicament has led to a debate in Michigan about whether a law that says no one may care for unrelated children in their home for more than four weeks each calendar year unless they are licensed day-care providers needs to be changed. It also has irked parents who say they depend on such friendly offers to help them balance work and family.

On Tuesday, agency Director Ismael Ahmed said good neighbors should be allowed to help each other ensure their children are safe. Gov. Jennifer Granholm instructed Ahmed to work with the state Legislature to change the law, he said.

"Being a good neighbor means helping your neighbors who are in need," Ahmed said in a written statement. "This could be as simple as providing a cup of sugar, monitoring their house while they're on vacation or making sure their children are safe while they wait for the school bus."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_sitter_backlash_mich
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: State goes after babysitter
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 01:56:43 AM »

Baby-sitter co-ops would be shattered. 
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

You silly anarchists! Don't you see that without government oversight those parents would be handing their children off to a cannibalistic cult of pedophiles every morning to be taught how to smoke and drink sugar-filled sodas? This woman is a menace to society!!!!!

/sarcasm off
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »

Granholm spokeswoman Liz Boyd said the agency was following standard procedure in
its response. "But we feel this (law) really gets in the way of common sense," Boyd said.

I just had to post that. IT'S NOT COMMON! It should be though.

“Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.”
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:44:39 PM by Hideaki »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  State goes after babysitter

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 31 queries.